What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

First Year with IDP, worried about it being overpowered (1 Viewer)

StephanP89

Footballguy
I run a 10 man league, 0.5 points PPR. This year, we are taking away team defenses and are replacing them with IDP's. Here's the setup I've got:

1 QB

2 RBs

3 WRs

1 TE

1 K

2 LBs

1 DB

1 DL

Everything else is typical Yahoo scoring. Now, here is my IDP scoring:

My scoring

What I'm trying to achieve here is for the total amount of points from the 4 IDPs to be roughly what a team defense would score (15-30 points) and for the IDPs to not be overpowered and end up ruining the league. What do you guys think? I think I'm playing it pretty safe with my scoring.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're wasting your time and energy.Go all in or go back to Team Defense.
I agree with this. I started a league last year and we started 1 DL, 2 LB, and 2 DB. All season long there were great IDP's available on waivers that sat there unused. Everyone can be loaded when you only start a few so there's not much separation between teams...at least the ones that put in effort. I'd liken it to an 8 team league where everyone has studs and it lessens the skill level needed to build a better roster. We went all in this year to a full 11 IDP squad and most guys love the 4-3, 3-4, nickel defense flexibity. Go all in and you'll love it!

we generally start 6 or 7 in a 12 man league with similar scoring and I feel that's not enough, and the commish has been talking about juicing them up a little.

I'd say do whatever you want, but with 4x10 idp in play the fa pool will be overflowing.

I think with your scoring you'll be shooting for around 8-10 points in any given week, which is around 35+ if you can catch a good week from all 4.

I was top idp scorer in our league, and I think my 7 averaged around 50 ppw, with a scoring system that was a shade lighter than yours, and a deeper reach into the pool.

personally, I'd knock safeties down to 2, dtd to 4, dial TO return yds down, and bear in mind I think tackle for a loss stacks with tackle and sack -- it's not a stand alone.

the reason I'd tweak those first few down is because I feel they are more unpredictable circumstantial lottery plays that can unbalance the idp vs the overall team.

Agree with everyone so far. My league starts 3 DL, 3 LB and 3 DB. Yeah, sometimes the IDPs swing a game outcome, but that's the point, right? If you don't want them to make a difference, why add them at all?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread