What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

For Colts, no more excuses, Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

pizzatyme

Footballguy
For 21 years I've had to endure losing seasons, growing pains, and domination by a better team in the Patriots.Well now, there are no more excuses. The Colts have needed to get home field advantage. They have it and better take advantage of it.Regardless of what happens, I'll still love the Colts, will still get season tickets, and will still do my Sunday ritual.But, this season there are no excuses in my mind. The Colts had a great regular season. They made a run at true-greatness. They have all of the weapons. This is their time to shine!I see this as possibly one of the toughest playoffs on the AFC side. I believe that a case can be made that 5 of 6 teams(Jacksonville notwithstanding) have a legitimate shot at winning every week.A look at each team shows my reasoning:Pittsburg- Tough as nails Defense. Great rushing attack. Better than average QB play. Downfalls, average playoff caliber coach, their seeding and the road trips.New England- Best coach in the game, period! Terrific QB play, a Defense that plays with heart. Only downfalls, a suspect running game, less than ideal DB situation, and likelihood of having to win twice on the road.Cincinnati- Explosive offense, playmaking defense, and a quality coach. Only downfalls, inexperience in big games, and a defense that will keep most teams in every game.Denver- Great running game, unpreditcable coach, stout defense, and a home game. Potential downfalls, Previous disasters on the road in Indy during the playoffs, an up-and-down QB, and an unpredictable coach.Jacksonville- Terrific defense, above average running game, gritty coach. Downfalls, average QB play, inexperienced coach and team, and road games throughout.I am hopeful that this is the year. I only ask for 1 championship. Something for this great city to hang their collective hats on. Then I will go back to silently rooting for my team, playing this FF game that I enjoy, and fondly remembering the greatest year I've ever had in spectator sports.Go Colts, finish what you've started. It's time to get the monkey off of a few of your backs.This is the year!

Place will be rocking in two weeks.

Go Colts  :thumbup:
Looks like NE, unless Pitt beats Cincy on the road. I will be there! Let's go Colts!
I think there is a very good chance Pitt wins next week. I don't like how Cincy is playing at all - plus they don't exactly have any playoff experience to fall back on, either.

No way I could see the Bengals making the SB and I think it would be very very unlikely for the Steelers to do so. Other than that, I agree with the jist of your post.

Pats three-peat.

Deal with it. I've already come to grips with it!
I'll let the playoffs unfold, thank you very much.
So will I. And I'll be rooting for the Colts right there with you if things unfold the way they should. But just prepare for the inevitable. That's all.

Pats three-peat.

Deal with it. I've already come to grips with it!
I'll let the playoffs unfold, thank you very much.
So will I. And I'll be rooting for the Colts right there with you if things unfold the way they should. But just prepare for the inevitable. That's all.
I'm prepared for a loss to the Pats (or whoever) in the playoffs - but I'd get my fan license revoked if I don't believe they have a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread