What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Forced Acceleration Of Dues Payment To Process A Trade? (1 Viewer)

Is It Fair For The Commish To Do This?

• Yes, That's Fine.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

the lone star

Footballguy
So an owner in my league made a trade for a valuable player, and I didn't like how uneven the deal was, so I voiced my concern to the Commish. The Commish told me that the deal wasn't as bad as I think because the owner that received the star player was forced to pay dues quicker than everyone else in order to get a trade processed.

This is a league with a substantial fee for dues, so we split them into 2 payments. Half before the season starts, and half again after week 8.

Do you think the Commish should be able to violate this accepted standard/code and demand owners to pay up earlier if they want their trades to go through? Is it fair?

Last edited by a moderator:
What was the trade? If it was really uneven the league should be able to vote on it.

But based on your posts it sounds like you need to forget that league anyway and get in another league.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's not in the rules it shouldn't be a stipulation of the trade acceptance.  Whether the trade is fair or not really doesn't matter and has no bearing on this situation. 

What was the trade? If it was really uneven the league should be able to vote on it.

But based on your posts it sounds like you need to forget that league anyway and get in another league.
It was a top IDP like Telvin Smith for mediocre at best receivers like Taywan Taylor and Trent Taylor.

It was a top IDP like Telvin Smith for mediocre at best receivers like Taywan Taylor and Trent Taylor.
I don't see anything wrong with the trade. Both Taylors are good lottery tickets. If you are worried about a trade like that you really need to reexamine your life, this is fantasy football and it is for fun and at the end of the day does that trade really make a difference in your life. If it does I'd boot you out of the league too.

The trade particulars are irrelevant to the question.  If the rules don't have anything about accelerating a payment plan to push transactions through then it should not happen.  

The trade particulars are irrelevant to the question.  If the rules don't have anything about accelerating a payment plan to push transactions through then it should not happen.  
That's how I see it. Someone asked for particulars though.

I don't see anything wrong with the trade. Both Taylors are good lottery tickets. If you are worried about a trade like that you really need to reexamine your life, this is fantasy football and it is for fun and at the end of the day does that trade really make a difference in your life. If it does I'd boot you out of the league too.
I just 2nded my buddy's objection though tbh. I think a pick was involved going to the team acquiring Telvin, but I don't think the particulars matter much.

Users who are viewing this thread