What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Former D Linemen that now play LB (1 Viewer)

KiddLattimer

Footballguy
I'm in a league that really heavily favors LBs for scoring (tackle heavy) and DL are really down in scoring.

Can anyone recommend some players that may qualify at DL but actually play linebacker? Im thinking I can sneak in some higher points this way.

Michael Johnson (Cin)

Kiwanuka

Also, look for teams that are in the process of switching to a 3-4 (e.g., Redskins/Orakpo last year) and monitor teams with multiple LB injuries (e.g. Browns/Bowens last year).

Occasionally, you can also you the same strategy for DBs (i.e., SS moving to WLB). Look for teams with multiple LB injuries (e.g., Bills/Scott last year).

Good luck!

some websites have more errors than others (for example Yahoo has a lot incorrect and MFL has very few).

Which software does your league use?

Talk to me about this Johnson cat. I took him without knowing much about him other than he was DL eligible (in our league). Now I see that he isn't listed on the depth chart as a starter at either DL or LB. Is he worth keeping? My other DLs are decent - but I needed him for bye week coverage - but if he isn't playing what is the point?

Check on Clemons from Seattle... it sounds like he might be standing up on a lot of plays.

Talk to me about this Johnson cat. I took him without knowing much about him other than he was DL eligible (in our league). Now I see that he isn't listed on the depth chart as a starter at either DL or LB. Is he worth keeping? My other DLs are decent - but I needed him for bye week coverage - but if he isn't playing what is the point?
John "The Guru" Norton is definitely the go to guy on the Bengals D, but my understanding is that if/when Rey Maualuga is moved to MLB, Michael Johnson will slide back into Rey's SLB position. Keith Rivers is locked in at WLB. The Bengals like Dhani Jones' leadership on the field, but the writing is on the wall that Maualuga/Rivers/Johnson are the LBs of the future in Cincy. Whether "the future" happens this year or next is still a big question mark... and who stays in the nickel package is a question mark (for me) too.In the HOF game, Johnson was lining up all over the place with the 1s and was a beast. So, when the Bengals make the permanent switch, he could have big upside as a DL eligible player. I have him stashed as DL3 (start 2) in a 16-team redraft league. If you have the roster space, it could be worth stashing him in a redraft, at least until after the Bengals' bye week.

I'm in a league that really heavily favors LBs for scoring (tackle heavy) and DL are really down in scoring. Can anyone recommend some players that may qualify at DL but actually play linebacker? Im thinking I can sneak in some higher points this way.
Tamba Hali for KC on ESPN is still DE eligible put is playing as the the primary pass rushing OLB. Excited to see what kind of goodness Romeo schemes up for him.

On MFL the only 2 I can really think of are:

Terell Suggs and Mathias Kiwanuka (if the rumors of him playing LB this season pan out)

They are usually pretty good at closing the loopholes, thanks to rotoworld.com.

On MFL the only 2 I can really think of are:Terell Suggs and Mathias Kiwanuka (if the rumors of him playing LB this season pan out)They are usually pretty good at closing the loopholes, thanks to rotoworld.com.
Trevor Scott & Chris Kelsay. :D

Quentin Groves - starting at WLB for Oak.

He should get whatever stats Trevor Scott would've had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quentin Groves - starting at WLB for Oak.He should get whatever stats Trevor Scott would've had.
That was my first take on this, but then I looked at how many defensive personnel shuffles the Raiders have experimented with over the last 2 years... I'd be cautiously optimistic that Groves stays at WLB for the entire season (i.e., which is what Scott's #s assumed). If you have a DL3 you don't mind giving up, it's probably worth a flyer.

Any update on Kiwi? Is he starting a DE and still lining up at OLB? How is he sharing time with Osi?

Also, anyone have more info on Michael Johnson? Is he starting at OLB? Or situational plays only?

Any update on Kiwi? Is he starting a DE and still lining up at OLB? How is he sharing time with Osi?Also, anyone have more info on Michael Johnson? Is he starting at OLB? Or situational plays only?
Situational (for now)... if/when Rey Maualuga is moved to MLB, Michael Johnson will slide back into Rey's SLB position. Keith Rivers is locked in at WLB. The Bengals like Dhani Jones' leadership on the field, but the writing is on the wall that Maualuga/Rivers/Johnson are the LBs of the future in Cincy. Whether "the future" happens this year or next is still a big question mark... and who stays in the nickel package is a question mark (for me) too.

Users who are viewing this thread