What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Forum Challenge League (1 Viewer)

I feel a little discombobulated in this draft. I had no idea if I was going to go RB/WR, QB/WR, or WR/WR with this pick. I was very close to taking Taylor, but I just thought the value was with the WR's, seeing that Taylor is still nursing his injury. I really needed a guy that was going to play for sure, because I don't pick again for 24 picks. I will work on my backup RB's later.

But I agree it is a good pick and could turn into something very big.
I'm not a Fragile Freddy fan (he killed me in this league last year IIRC), but there were about 8 WRs who are undistinguishable to me at this point, so I had to go in anther direction. After grabbing Collins at 5.10, it was either RB or TE.Since only 3 RBs were taken in the previous 26 picks (as opposed to 17 WRs), I felt the value was at RB. I've been swearing Taylor off at all costs this summer, but 6.03 isn't a bad spot to roll the dice.

I have a feeling the IMP or kutta will come calling if Taylor proves healthy early....
Freddy, TJones and Griffin were your first three picks last year. :yucky: You're doing a much better job this year. ;) Actually, I really like your team so far. You're making up for the 10X debacle. (I agree 10X is good people but he created a cluster#### here)

This has been a weird draft for me. I've already had several tough decisions. I pretty much knew that I'd go RB/RB/RB if Caddy was there at 3.11 because I wanted to solidify the position and secure high-level production from my backs. The real decisions started at 4.02. I like Hines Ward a lot and think he's in for a big year, but I decided to go with a QB due to scarcity. In theory QBs aren't important in this league, but in practice they're pretty critical. Last year's winner had Manning and the team with Culpepper was a contender despite having several weaknesses. The hard part was deciding which QB to take. McNabb was the obvious pick, but I went with Bulger because of the whole T.O. debacle and because I really think the Rams have a lot more weapons than the Eagles. We'll see how it pays off. 5.11 and 6.02 were ugly spots to be in. I was hoping Fitzgerald would fall to 5.11, but I didn't think it would happen. It didn't, so I took Crumpler. Of course, I didn't pay enough attention to notice that he would've slipped to 6.02 because kutta already had Gonzo. The result was that I lost out on Chris Chambers and had to settle for Eddie Kennison. It could end up being a stroke of good luck. At any rate, I like what I've got so far despite a few mishaps.

im diggin on my team so far:1.07 - deuce2.06 - cumar - should be set with these two backs. i think both are slight values where they went.3.07 - witten - at 1.5 PPR for TE, ill take him in the mid 3rd any day. should approach gates/gonzo #s4.06 - steve smith - i believe he's borderline top 10 this year. he and delhomme really click and itll show. also all reports say his speed is totally back.5.07 - fitz - none of the RBs left seemed worth a pick here - too much risk, and i also didnt see any of the QBs meriting a pick - so i went with the best WR left on my board. not exciting, but a solid WR2.6.06 - benson - time to go for the HR - in theory, even with this long of a holdout, he should be a big part of the offense by the time deuce and cumar have bye weeks. was hoping tjones would fall to my next pick :bag:

This has been a weird draft for me. I've already had several tough decisions.

I pretty much knew that I'd go RB/RB/RB if Caddy was there at 3.11 because I wanted to solidify the position and secure high-level production from my backs.

The real decisions started at 4.02. I like Hines Ward a lot and think he's in for a big year, but I decided to go with a QB due to scarcity. In theory QBs aren't important in this league, but in practice they're pretty critical. Last year's winner had Manning and the team with Culpepper was a contender despite having several weaknesses.

The hard part was deciding which QB to take. McNabb was the obvious pick, but I went with Bulger because of the whole T.O. debacle and because I really think the Rams have a lot more weapons than the Eagles. We'll see how it pays off.

5.11 and 6.02 were ugly spots to be in. I was hoping Fitzgerald would fall to 5.11, but I didn't think it would happen. It didn't, so I took Crumpler. Of course, I didn't pay enough attention to notice that he would've slipped to 6.02 because kutta already had Gonzo. The result was that I lost out on Chris Chambers and had to settle for Eddie Kennison. It could end up being a stroke of good luck.

At any rate, I like what I've got so far despite a few mishaps.
I like your backs, but waiting until round 6 to take a WR in a PPR league is suicide, IMO.Your team will certainly be interesting to follow, but I would have DEFINITELY gone WR over Bulger at 4.02, and waited on a QB.

To your advantage, you have the next 4-5 rounds to take stabs at WRs with upside. We'll see how you fare - it will decide your fate, IMO.

This has been a weird draft for me. I've already had several tough decisions.

I pretty much knew that I'd go RB/RB/RB if Caddy was there at 3.11 because I wanted to solidify the position and secure high-level production from my backs.

The real decisions started at 4.02. I like Hines Ward a lot and think he's in for a big year, but I decided to go with a QB due to scarcity. In theory QBs aren't important in this league, but in practice they're pretty critical. Last year's winner had Manning and the team with Culpepper was a contender despite having several weaknesses.

The hard part was deciding which QB to take. McNabb was the obvious pick, but I went with Bulger because of the whole T.O. debacle and because I really think the Rams have a lot more weapons than the Eagles. We'll see how it pays off.

5.11 and 6.02 were ugly spots to be in. I was hoping Fitzgerald would fall to 5.11, but I didn't think it would happen. It didn't, so I took Crumpler. Of course, I didn't pay enough attention to notice that he would've slipped to 6.02 because kutta already had Gonzo. The result was that I lost out on Chris Chambers and had to settle for Eddie Kennison. It could end up being a stroke of good luck.

At any rate, I like what I've got so far despite a few mishaps.
I like your backs, but waiting until round 6 to take a WR in a PPR league is suicide, IMO.Your team will certainly be interesting to follow, but I would have DEFINITELY gone WR over Bulger at 4.02, and waited on a QB.

To your advantage, you have the next 4-5 rounds to take stabs at WRs with upside. We'll see how you fare - it will decide your fate, IMO.
I think WR is the best position to wait on. There are more productive WRs than RBs/QBs and it's easier to find cheap breakout players. Anyhow, my WRs might end up being below average. However, I think I'll be well above average at TE, QB, and RB. That should help make up for it.

In theory QBs aren't important in this league, but in practice they're pretty critical. Last year's winner had Manning and the team with Culpepper was a contender despite having several weaknesses.
Although kutta was tough last year with Manning....he couldn't withstand the onslaught of Brooks/Delhomme, the QB combo of last year's winner. I wonder who that was. :whistle:

In theory QBs aren't important in this league, but in practice they're pretty critical. Last year's winner had Manning and the team with Culpepper was a contender despite having several weaknesses.
Although kutta was tough last year with Manning....he couldn't withstand the onslaught of Brooks/Delhomme, the QB combo of last year's winner. I wonder who that was. :whistle:
Woops. Well whoever won, I know that Manning and Culpepper were major assets. 6 point passing TDs make a big difference.

QBRB: Kevin Jones, Corey Dillon, Kevan BarlowWr: Joe HOrn, Andre Johnson,TE: Jeremy ShockeySolid so far on paper, we'll see how they gel as a unit once the season starts.

QB

RB: Kevin Jones, Corey Dillon, Kevan Barlow

Wr: Joe HOrn, Andre Johnson,

TE: Jeremy Shockey

Solid so far on paper, we'll see how they gel as a unit once the season starts.
I'm glad you took Shockey. I kept watching him fall and I was going to be VERY tempted to grab him if you hadn't.I would have been absolutely torn if he was there with Collins still on the board.

QB

I'm glad you took Shockey. I kept watching him fall and I was going to be VERY tempted to grab him if you hadn't.I would have been absolutely torn if he was there with Collins still on the board.
That's funny because I almost took Collins. In fact, our entire draft has been that way.I had Fred Taylor drafted and Kevan Barlow, they both went.

Same thing with Andre Johnson/Darrell Jackson and jOe horn/Javon Walker

With 1.5 receptions for TEs, I liked Shockey there. If he stays healthy, I think he'll have a big year in this format, a good mid to late 5th round choice.

QB

That's funny because I almost took Collins. In fact, our entire draft has been that way.I had Fred Taylor drafted and Kevan Barlow, they both went.

With 1.5 receptions for TEs, I liked Shockey there. If he stays healthy, I think he'll have a big year in this format, a good mid to late 5th round choice.
If you're thinking like me, you must be having a HELLUVA draft. :D

I'll just keep muddling through this draft, please feel free to comment on my team... :loco:
If you can find a diamond in the rough at RB (a Williams trade or a Dunn injury), you may be the front runner. I have you down as having the #1 QB, two top 10 WRs, and a top 15 RB.Unfortunately, your RB2 is a question mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll just keep muddling through this draft, please feel free to comment on my team... :loco:
If you can find a diamond in the rough at RB (a Williams trade or a Dunn injury), you may be the front runner. I have you down as having the #1 QB, two top 10 WRs, and a top 15 RB.Unfortunately, your RB2 is a question mark.
That's the problem with going QB in round 1....most of the time your RB2 or your WR2-3 will be iffy. I think going QB is more of a viable strategy in a survivor format because then you don't have to pick which RB2 you're starting. I can guarantee that you will start Brown or Duckett the wrong weeks in H2H. Obviously, you like Brown more...but I would have gone with Taylor or Barlow.It's still relatively early in the draft so there's still time for anyone to continue to improve...or #### up...their draft.

I love my squad.Alexander, Shaun SEA RB - 8 1.03 Jordan, Lamont OAK RB - 5 3.03 Bruce, Isaac STL WR - 9 5.03 Clayton, Michael TBB WR - 7 4.10 Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR - 8 6.10 Gates, Antonio SDC TE - 10 2.10

I love my squad.

Alexander, Shaun SEA RB - 8 1.03

Jordan, Lamont OAK RB - 5 3.03

Bruce, Isaac STL WR - 9 5.03

Clayton, Michael TBB WR - 7 4.10

Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR - 8 6.10

Gates, Antonio SDC TE - 10 2.10
I like this team too. You need Gates to sign, but besides that you've got guys that will post points.

QB

If you're thinking like me, you must be having a HELLUVA draft. :D
I was torn between Collins and Shockey, but it was also the position to go in that was tearing at me. The one significant difference I would have went at your spot is after I took Shockey, I thought you should have went Crumpler. I could have went Crumpler just as easy but like Shockey's intensity. EBF grabbed him as soon as you went Collins (which isn't a bad pick at all), but I thought Crumpler was the last TE in that tier and you could have possibly gotten Collins on the quick turn.

That doesn't mean I'm right, just like the 1.5 receptions and having a solid TE on the squad.

This draft has been frustrating...I'm not sure if I've recovered from having to take LJ so early. For anyone who is thinking about taking Holmes, I suggest doing a couple mocks and seeing which direction you like best. Congrats to Aaron for consistently confusing the #### out of me on which direction to go. I seem to be picking the wrong path.

4 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

4 Members: Shadowfax, Iwannabeacowboybaby!, blenderfrog, tommyGunZ
:hey: I was just about to PM you, blenderfrog. We may kick 10X out next year and substitute you in his place. :banned:

4 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

4 Members: Shadowfax, Iwannabeacowboybaby!, blenderfrog, tommyGunZ
:hey: I was just about to PM you, blenderfrog. We may kick 10X out next year and substitute you in his place. :banned:
OK, :yes: Bloom already PM'ed me.

So Far:TGreen, ABrooksAGreen, WDunn, DFosterRMoss, RSmithI really wanted to take Mason with the last pick (instead of Brooks). Would have taken Moulds or Plax but both were bye week problems. After that the next 10 WRs are all the same to me so I figure I'll go with the strong backup QB.

So Far:

TGreen, ABrooks

AGreen, WDunn, DFoster

RMoss, RSmith

I really wanted to take Mason with the last pick (instead of Brooks). Would have taken Moulds or Plax but both were bye week problems. After that the next 10 WRs are all the same to me so I figure I'll go with the strong backup QB.
i struggled with mason over an RB4 or taking a starting QB, but your post makes me feel better about pulling the trigger on him.

So Far:

TGreen, ABrooks

AGreen, WDunn, DFoster

RMoss, RSmith

I really wanted to take Mason with the last pick (instead of Brooks).  Would have taken Moulds or Plax but both were bye week problems.  After that the next 10 WRs are all the same to me so I figure I'll go with the strong backup QB.
i struggled with mason over an RB4 or taking a starting QB, but your post makes me feel better about pulling the trigger on him.
Yeah, I predrafted Branch, Evans, Mason, and Moulds..........I wanted 1 of them and got one.If you're like me, it's hard to really even tell for sure who's going to be the leader in Buffalo. If I had to pick, I'd take Evans but I do think Moulds makes up a little ground in this format because I think he'll get more receptions but score less td's.

Same with Mason, I expect more receptions and not as many td's from him. If branch stays healthy, i think he can be the best of the group.

I went with Plexiglass and Keyshawn. Say what you will about Johnson, but he produces decent stats when he's healthy. I got him in this league last year at about the same spot and he worked out great as my WR3. I expect the same result this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably picked Moore and Bettis a little early, but I felt like I had to get Moore and I didn't think he would last all the way until my next pick (I HATE this draft position).I think Bettis will still be a TD machine this year, and he will probably see some good time as the starter seeing Duce will never stay healthy all year. He is a guy I should be able to plug in any week in a pinch and hope for a TD or 2.I also like the Moose and Keyshawn pick. Both of those guys should catch a lot of balls. Heck, Plax will get a lot thrown his way too. At this point in the draft, those are 3 pretty solid WRs.

I probably picked Moore and Bettis a little early, but I felt like I had to get Moore and I didn't think he would last all the way until my next pick (I HATE this draft position).

I think Bettis will still be a TD machine this year, and he will probably see some good time as the starter seeing Duce will never stay healthy all year. He is a guy I should be able to plug in any week in a pinch and hope for a TD or 2.

I also like the Moose and Keyshawn pick. Both of those guys should catch a lot of balls. Heck, Plax will get a lot thrown his way too. At this point in the draft, those are 3 pretty solid WRs.
moore was #1 on my board for this next pick.

I swear I must have plummer in like 4 leagues. He better come thru for me, I've always stuck up for that guy.
I SERIOUSLY considered Plummer and Henry instead of Bettis. I was hoping one of them might make his way all the way back to me, but I knew that would not happen.

When is 10X coming back? I'm off of work tomorrow and won't spend as much time on the PC... that probably didn't come out right, did it?

When is 10X coming back? I'm off of work tomorrow and won't spend as much time on the PC... that probably didn't come out right, did it?
who knows. the idiot didn't even tell us he was not gonna be around. :hot: appreciate your help thus far - if you're not around tomorrow, no worries. You've managed to keep 10X from being completely booted from the league.

:thumbup:

who knows. the idiot didn't even tell us he was not gonna be around. :hot: appreciate your help thus far - if you're not around tomorrow, no worries. You've managed to keep 10X from being completely booted from the league.

:thumbup:
:goodposting:

I just got a PM from 10X saying he's back. Thanks for your help. :thumbup:

I swear I must have plummer in like 4 leagues. He better come thru for me, I've always stuck up for that guy.
I'm in the same boat with DFoster this year, I have him all over the place. I took McMichael this round but I very seriously considered taking Jerry Porter, even though I have Moss. There's just no excuse for Porter to available 100 picks deep in a draft. Great value there for Rad.

I'm in the same boat with DFoster this year, I have him all over the place. I took McMichael this round but I very seriously considered taking Jerry Porter, even though I have Moss. There's just no excuse for Porter to available 100 picks deep in a draft. Great value there for Rad.
You should have taken Porter...so I could have grabbed McMichael. And the little run on RBs this run pissed me off. I don't mind getting Staley this late but now I have to hope he's healthy enough by the time I need him in Weeks 3 and 5. :unsure:

I'm taking off the kid gloves..............I'm predicting that the Shark Pool absolutely dominates this league.I'm just hoping to be top 3 on our side.Shadowfax, we must thank you for setting this catasrophe up for you guys.Shark Pool = :own3d: FA :yes:

You should have taken Porter...so I could have grabbed McMichael. And the little run on RBs this run pissed me off. I don't mind getting Staley this late but now I have to hope he's healthy enough by the time I need him in Weeks 3 and 5. :unsure:
And you should have quit when you were ahead, 2004 Champ = 2005 Iwannabe

I'm taking off the kid gloves..............I'm predicting that the Shark Pool absolutely dominates this league.

I'm just hoping to be top 3 on our side.

Shadowfax, we must thank you for setting this catasrophe up for you guys.

Shark Pool = :own3d: FA :yes:
:lmao: That's a great one! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Very funny!

Blah blah blah blah blah blah..............Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Blah = :blah: blah :blah:
We heard all your blah rhetoric last year. While you guys spend all your time talking about third year WRs and endless useless stats...we're making fun of you and posting pics of hot chicks...and still beating you come football season.Where do you think Aaron spends all his time now? He now knows what we all know.

FFA>SP

Blah blah blah blah blah blah..............Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Blah = :blah: blah  :blah:
We heard all your blah rhetoric last year. While you guys spend all your time talking about third year WRs and endless useless stats...we're making fun of you and posting pics of hot chicks...and still beating you come football season.Where do you think Aaron spends all his time now? He now knows what we all know.

FFA>SP
Not this year buddy, I have a feeling the Shark Pool is going to dominate this league, with only a FA team or two in the top half of the league.I've visited the FA over the winter, the Shark Pool team will never lose me (don't know if that's bad or good for them though). Although there are some cool topics, in general there's a weird hierarchy over there.

I'm glad to say that I'm FA free :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread