What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Frank Gore (1 Viewer)

gbill2004

Footballguy
Frank Gore is currently projected to be the #1 fantasy RB this season. He looks to be a monster in Martz's offense - like LT a few years ago. Your thoughts on whether he can keep up this pace?

It's possible only because all the other top RB's are already playing catchup. There isn't one RB who dominates all the carries nowadays. Gore is one of them. Martz sets up the run with the pass. If O'sullivan continues the play well, I think Gore will probably be top 3 and maybe #1.

PPR: No.

Brees drops back, he finds Bush.

Otherwise: Maybe, I'd still take Barber, Peterson, Westbrook for when the Niners come back down to earth.

I'd say he has a chance, but only because he plays in the NFC West. The defenses are quite terrible in that conference. I also like how involved in the passing game he's been. Though the only real way I see him actually finishing #1 is if ADP and Westbrook are slowed by their injuries.

Last edited by a moderator:
He easily has a chance in any type of league. The 49ers aren't nearly as bad as most assumed. Martz is helping tremendously. The division stinks. They have a mobile QB. O-Line is more cohesive and the defense isn't half bad.

I've been really high on Gore since back when people were saying he shouldn't be taken in the first round because Martz will hurt his production so much :thumbdown:

Yes, I believe he has a legit shot to be the #1 RB (in leagues that award at least .5 ppr).

Frank Gore is currently projected to be the #1 fantasy RB this season. He looks to be a monster in Martz's offense - like LT a few years ago. Your thoughts on whether he can keep up this pace?
Well, in every league I'm in, he's not in the top-3. Those spots belong to Bush, Barber, and Turner... not always the same order, but they are consistently in the top-3.You add in LT and Addai's slow starts, and it's not inconceivable they end up ahead of Gore.So while I like him a lot, I don't think he finishes as the #1 RB.

Well, in every league I'm in, he's not in the top-3. Those spots belong to Bush, Barber, and Turner... not always the same order, but they are consistently in the top-3.You add in LT and Addai's slow starts, and it's not inconceivable they end up ahead of Gore.So while I like him a lot, I don't think he finishes as the #1 RB.
you could just as easily drop Turner and Bush out of there. Bush has been known to disappear and Turner will not keep up the TD rate. I am not sold on LT getting back up to the Top spot for RB's. This is a totally different Chargers team than years past. Nothing to say about Marion. The dude is sick.oh ya, Addai is a system back. i have been saying this for 2 years. just my opinion.

you could just as easily drop Turner and Bush out of there. Bush has been known to disappear and Turner will not keep up the TD rate. I am not sold on LT getting back up to the Top spot for RB's. This is a totally different Chargers team than years past. Nothing to say about Marion. The dude is sick.
Until proven otherwise, it's dumb to assume Turner (who is starting his first season) or Bush (focal point of the offense) are going to drop off... :lmao:And how foolish did people look last year after bailing on LT after week 3? :lmao:
oh ya, Addai is a system back. i have been saying this for 2 years. just my opinion.
Regardless of your (incorrect) opinion... it doesn't matter why he succeeds in FF, if he outscores Gore, he outscores Gore

you could just as easily drop Turner and Bush out of there. Bush has been known to disappear and Turner will not keep up the TD rate. I am not sold on LT getting back up to the Top spot for RB's. This is a totally different Chargers team than years past. Nothing to say about Marion. The dude is sick.
Until proven otherwise, it's dumb to assume Turner (who is starting his first season) or Bush (focal point of the offense) are going to drop off... :lmao:And how foolish did people look last year after bailing on LT after week 3? :lmao:
oh ya, Addai is a system back. i have been saying this for 2 years. just my opinion.
Regardless of your (incorrect) opinion... it doesn't matter why he succeeds in FF, if he outscores Gore, he outscores Gore
Am i to expect Turner is going to score 36 Td's this year? his dropoff is a certainty. The Falcons haven't really played anybody good. Addai is a little guy who has had the pleasure of playing second fiddle to one of the best passing Qb's ever. It's not hard to find holes in that situation. The Colts are different than years passed, and I see know way Addai catches Gore this year.

Well, in every league I'm in, he's not in the top-3. Those spots belong to Bush, Barber, and Turner... not always the same order, but they are consistently in the top-3.You add in LT and Addai's slow starts, and it's not inconceivable they end up ahead of Gore.

So while I like him a lot, I don't think he finishes as the #1 RB.
Until proven otherwise, it's dumb to assume Turner (who is starting his first season) or Bush (focal point of the offense) are going to drop off... :shrug: And how foolish did people look last year after bailing on LT after week 3? :no:

Am i to expect Turner is going to score 36 Td's this year? his dropoff is a certainty. The Falcons haven't really played anybody good.

Addai is a little guy who has had the pleasure of playing second fiddle to one of the best passing Qb's ever. It's not hard to find holes in that situation. The Colts are different than years passed, and I see know way Addai catches Gore this year.
Ah... now I remember why I put you on ignore.Addai is 5'11- 214 (Emmitt Smith, Marshall Faulk size RB - not little)

And the Colts had no passing game against Jax, and Addai managed nearly 5 YPC, behind a terrible OL that didn't create many holes at all. But my guess is you didn't watch the game. And since you've been sticking to your opinion for two years (basically since before he ever had a carry) you're probably not going to admit you were wrong about him.

Anyway, enough of this hijack you started... the thread was about Gore, and the reality is, it's not likely he'll finish the #1 RB with the way things are currently.

Well, in every league I'm in, he's not in the top-3. Those spots belong to Bush, Barber, and Turner... not always the same order, but they are consistently in the top-3.You add in LT and Addai's slow starts, and it's not inconceivable they end up ahead of Gore.

Until proven otherwise, it's dumb to assume Turner (who is starting his first season) or Bush (focal point of the offense) are going to drop off... :lmao: And how foolish did people look last year after bailing on LT after week 3? :no:

Am i to expect Turner is going to score 36 Td's this year? his dropoff is a certainty. The Falcons haven't really played anybody good.

Addai is a little guy who has had the pleasure of playing second fiddle to one of the best passing Qb's ever. It's not hard to find holes in that situation. The Colts are different than years passed, and I see know way Addai catches Gore this year.
Ah... now I remember why I put you on ignore.Addai is 5'11- 214 (Emmitt Smith, Marshall Faulk size RB - not little)

And the Colts had no passing game against Jax, and Addai managed nearly 5 YPC, behind a terrible OL that didn't create many holes at all. But my guess is you didn't watch the game. And since you've been sticking to your opinion for two years (basically since before he ever had a carry) you're probably not going to admit you were wrong about him.

Anyway, enough of this hijack you started... the thread was about Gore, and the reality is, it's not likely he'll finish the #1 RB with the way things are currently.
He plays little and gets dinged up frequently is what i meant. Addai is nothing like Faulk or Emmitt Smith. I hate when people make rediculous comparisons based on similiar height and weight. But you are right this is about Gore and the way things stand currently, there is more than a possibilty.

switz said:
thehornet said:
Could you be more arrogant?I share that opinion. Addai has been overrated for two years. No thanks.

switz said:
thehornet said:
Could you be more arrogant?I share that opinion. Addai has been overrated for two years. No thanks.
How is that arrogant? The thread is about Gore's chances to finish #1? I point out that he's already behind some well performing backs, and that two of the top-5 backs from last season are returning to form.Then hornet adds that Addai is a system back... but when it comes to Gore finishing first or not, whether Addai is a system back or not means nothing. Regardless of the reason, if Addai outscores Gore, then Addai outscores Gore.Then you want to call me out as arrogant for that? Pathetic.

Switz,

Chill bro.

Quit trying to beat your chest the loudest. This is not the FF Congo.

Switz is like Maroney=speed in trying to bogart threads that don't need to be. Pride kills. Listening to your own voice blocks out the sound of others.

Switz,Chill bro.Quit trying to beat your chest the loudest. This is not the FF Congo.Switz is like Maroney=speed in trying to bogart threads that don't need to be. Pride kills. Listening to your own voice blocks out the sound of others.
:thumbup: What the heck? I'm not the one who hijacked the thread, or starting spouting crap...

:goodposting: What the heck? I'm not the one who hijacked the thread, or starting spouting crap...
When 1/3 of the replies are by one guy and they are mostly off the original topic...... now back to the Gore discussion. There is another thread about Addai on page 1.

Switz,Chill bro.Quit trying to beat your chest the loudest. This is not the FF Congo.Switz is like Maroney=speed in trying to bogart threads that don't need to be. Pride kills. Listening to your own voice blocks out the sound of others.
:missing: What the heck? I'm not the one who hijacked the thread, or starting spouting crap...
Actually you did because you were offended by the Addai comment. I was only trying to show why I thought he couldn't catch Gore. Anyways, I honestly think the first 3 weeks will be about average for him this year. About 80-100 yards rushing, approx. 4 catches for another 30-40 yards, and a TD. This projects out to about 1800+ Total yards64 Catches14-15 TD'sI dont like to project out generally, but for the sake of this debate, then I think this could easily be the number 1 ranked RB.

switz said:
thehornet said:
switz said:
thehornet said:
switz said:

Until proven otherwise, it's dumb to assume Turner (who is starting his first season) or Bush (focal point of the offense) are going to drop off... :thumbup: And how foolish did people look last year after bailing on LT after week 3? :no:

thehornet said:
Ah... now I remember why I put you on ignore.
:shrug: Then how were you able to read his post?I used to think you had some good opinions -- now you're just pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread