What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fred Davis (1 Viewer)

matttyl

Footballguy
Fred Davis just signed a ONE YEAR deal with the Redskins rather than taking a TWO YEAR deal with the Bills. I think this shows that he's going to go out and prove he's a top NFL TE this year and hopes to cash in big next offseason, rather than having to wait another year to cash in had he taken the Bills offer.

I think we can all agree that Gronk, Graham, and Hernandez are the top 3 TEs, at least for dynasty purposes. Gonzo and Witten might come in right after on some redraft lists. I'm trying to find a nice "diamond in the rough" type TE that can be had for cheap, that could very well end up a top 8 (or better) fantasy TE with some dynasty upside (young).

I've got both Fred Davis and Finley (yeah yeah, I know, bump Finley) on that list, with Jared Cook right there as well. Since I can't afford to pay the prices that the Gronk and Graham owners in my league will want to charge, this is what I'm left with.

What TEs can you buy on the relatively cheap and hope they could end up as a potential top 5 TE this season?

Olsen and Pitta.
:goodposting: Olsen was quietly TE7 last year, just turned 28 (so should be in his physical prime), is the #2 target in the Carolina offense with no real threat looming to usurp that status, and has upside to improve a bit if Cam can be more consistent this year. He's not sexy, but IMO he represents pretty darn good value.

Personally, I'm going big, or going home, to be cliche. Invest in the top 4 guys (Gronk, Graham, Hern, Witten), take a shot on Eifert, rent Gonzo, or take whats left. No need to overpay for TE6-9 production; it just doesnt matter and won't win you games. Save the resources.

Couple a boring, cheap starter with an upside guy or two. I'd be just fine with Olsen/Housler, Daniels/Fleener, Bennett/Myers, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently people view Davis as a buy VERY low kinda guy. Looking to move him in a league I have a lot of TE depth and can't even get a 2nd rounder. Not even from a team with nothing at TE.

James Casey. Probably can get him for next to nothing and if the eagles use him he could outperform.
Perform enough to finish in the top 10 of all TEs?
I think its possible although not likely. I think Kelly brought him in for a reason and Celek has never been overly impressive. And I hear Kelly uses TEs quite a bit although I'm no expert on college ball. I feel like he has a real good chance of outperforming his expected value.

Olsen and Pitta.
:goodposting: Olsen was quietly TE7 last year, just turned 28 (so should be in his physical prime), is the #2 target in the Carolina offense with no real threat looming to usurp that status, and has upside to improve a bit if Cam can be more consistent this year. He's not sexy, but IMO he represents pretty darn good value.
What are people getting for Olsen? I'm trying to move him and cant give him away.He is not a sexy name I guess.

Olsen and Pitta.
What are people getting for Olsen? I'm trying to move him and cant give him away.He is not a sexy name I guess.
Well, I traded Olsen plus picks 4 and 5 for Hernandez. Not sure if that helps you or not.

I think Olsen will take a hit with Chud leaving. He is always good for TEs.

Apparently people view Davis as a buy VERY low kinda guy. Looking to move him in a league I have a lot of TE depth and can't even get a 2nd rounder. Not even from a team with nothing at TE.
Has things working against him:Strike 1: off the field suspension historyStrike 2: injury historyStrike 3: no long term contractOwners buying are really just renting, thus the renter's price tag.

Has things working against him:Strike 1: off the field suspension historyStrike 2: injury historyStrike 3: no long term contractOwners buying are really just renting, thus the renter's price tag.
Renting?? How does that make any sense? Because he has a 1 year deal in Washington?? If anything he has all the incentive in the world to do well this year, and then he either stays there or goes elsewhere and plays. What do you mean "renting"??Realistically, the only thing working against him was the injuries. Very important yes. The other stuff, not so much. I mean, honestly, what are the odds the guy gets suspended again, like 1 in 20 maybe?? Who knows.ALso the league I am referring to is a 1.5 PPR for TEs, which should increase his value...............still can't get a 2nd.There is no way I am dealing him for a 2nd, and he is my 4th TE. Only way I do is during the draft if one of my top 8-9 guys falls or something.

Renting?? How does that make any sense? Because he has a 1 year deal in Washington?? If anything he has all the incentive in the world to do well this year, and then he either stays there or goes elsewhere and plays. What do you mean "renting"??Realistically, the only thing working against him was the injuries. Very important yes. The other stuff, not so much. I mean, honestly, what are the odds the guy gets suspended again, like 1 in 20 maybe?? Who knows.ALso the league I am referring to is a 1.5 PPR for TEs, which should increase his value...............still can't get a 2nd.There is no way I am dealing him for a 2nd, and he is my 4th TE. Only way I do is during the draft if one of my top 8-9 guys falls or something.
whats the size of ur league?

Fred davis from what ive read has been lighting up camp. If you miss out on of the top dogs he could finally pannout as the sleeper we have been waiting for...

Users who are viewing this thread