What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fred Taylor (1 Viewer)

BoltBacker

Footballguy
I got the distinct impression at the end of last season JAX was phasing Taylor out of the offense, yet haven't read anything this entire offseason about what might happen with Taylor.

Any JAX homers have a clue what's up with Fred?

nothing definative here, but I understood that Jones and Pearman were taking over for Taylor and that Freddy would be cut loose.

not true

Del Rio has said he's happy with all his backs and doesn't expect to make any moves

nothing definative here, but I understood that Jones and Pearman were taking over for Taylor and that Freddy would be cut loose.
That's the impression I came away with at the end of last season as well. Seemed to me there was a Fred Taylor health watch the first half of the season but after about the half way point it didn't really matter, they were going to give Jones/Pearman the carries regardless of Taylor's healthy. Did I come away with a false impression of that situation last year?After week #6 last season he only got more than 17 carries in a game once(12/24 wk#15), and if my memory serves correct even that was because Jones(and Pearman?) got dinged up at the end of the season?

The fact that they havent made any apparent attempt to bring in a FA is good news for both Taylor and Greg Jones. Though with Taylor's age, drafting a first round back is a real possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread