What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fred Taylor (1 Viewer)

Portis 26

Madden Freak
I figured the Jags would sign a figure like Edgerrin James and then cut Fragile Freddy loose, but it hasn't happened.

That means he is still, on paper, the starter.

And therefore has fantasy value.

At least until he gets hurt and Greg Jones takes the job, anyway.

I think Jacksonville will draft a Rb on the 1st day.
I agree, their defense is reletively young and good, they have a young qb they like, good young developing wr's...I would expect them to draft either a rb or OLineman early

I think Jacksonville will draft a Rb on the 1st day.
I agree, their defense is reletively young and good, they have a young qb they like, good young developing wr's...I would expect them to draft either a rb or OLineman early
there's only 3 RBs in this draft that would steal serioius time from Fred next year and at least two of them will be gone by the time JAX drafts.

when I first saw this I thought it said

Fred Taylor OUT for 2006 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Look for him to get injured and Greg Jones to be starting. I would pick up Greg Jones in the late rounds of the draft.

they have a young qb they like,
I can't imagine why, frankly. His stats don't look horrible on a quick glance, but he makes Manning look mobile and is inconsistent....overall not exactly comforting coming from a top 10 pick several years ago IMO.
good young developing wr's...
Wilford does look promising, but the jury is very much out on Jones, and IMO that rocket scientist Williams is this close to officially being a bust. Add to the fact that Smith is older than dirt....Not saying they should draft WR or QB early, but it is or should be more of a concern than it appears to be, I think.

I say they can the RB squad, pick up one of the 2nd or third tier backs and go fresh...

FFing the Jaguars..Keep Jones, go get, Maroney or White, or Calhon, or Addai... and enjoy..

fred, let him go...

I figured the Jags would sign a figure like Edgerrin James and then cut Fragile Freddy loose, but it hasn't happened.
I expected this as well, but Edge didn't even go there for an interview. I don't know if Edge had a meeting scheduled after Arizona and the Cards just sold him on inking a deal before going to Jax, but I didn't hear anything like that. I'm susprised that they didn't go after any RB's at all. Does all this mean they are happy with the Fred/Jones tandem? Does this mean they draft someone at RB day 1? Considering they don't draft till something like 28, I doubt they go RB in round 1. More value at other positions at that spot. But I could see them going RB day 1....

Last year JV turned out to be one of those dreaded RB by comittees.

Drafting a rookie RB probably will only make it worst. I will sit on Fred one more year in the two dynasty leagues I have him and hope I manage to get a few starts out of him unless I get some great offes for him and that is highly unlikely compared to the garbage I was offered last year for him.

One interesting note I came up with that could be useful for those of you sitting on Fred like me. I originaly had Edge projected to sign with JV and came up with these interesting stats trying to project Edge in JV. Edge had the same fantasy points in INDY last year as the combination of Fred, JONES, Toefield and Pearlman for what it's worth.

Fred being healthy an entire year and holding off all the other competion has a potentional of a top ten back. But that is a big if as even healthy I expect Jones to get a lot of work again this year.

I'd expect Taylor to do even less than he did last year. It seemed to me that the coaching staff just didn't have a ton of confidence in him. He had one monster game and then after that there was all this talk of saving FT for the stretch run. When the strech run came if was full time RBBC for the Jags. I can't see Greg Jones having a lesser role this year (unless he gets hurt) if anything he'll get 15-20% more carries all at the expense of FT. I'd say a #3 RB at best.

I drafted him as a 3 rb both leagues I own him. So a 3 rb production would be fine by me. Unfortunatly there were few games he was even worthy of a 3 rb last year.

He's neither dead to me nor is he a guy to particularly target. He's never been a stud since about year 3 in his career (2000) which was the last time he reached double digit TD's; even when healthy he barely ever sneaks into the top 10 in RB's.

He's either a decent value at RB2 with some injury risk or a very strong value at RB3 as a primary backup.

Based on early rankings it looks like you'll be able to draft him as a rb#3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I drafted him as a 3 rb both leagues I own him. So a 3 rb production would be fine by me. Unfortunatly there were few games he was even worthy of a 3 rb last year.
A few games or a few months? In the last 10 games of the season it seems to me the guy only had one good game and even that was against the HOU defense.November Rushing Receiving Fumbles

GAMEDATE Opp RESULT GS Att Yds Avg Lg TD Rec Yds Avg Lg TD Fum Rec Yds TD

11/06 HOU W 21-14 Yes 12 48 4.0 14 0 2 15 7.5 12 0 0 0 0 0

11/13 BAL W 30-3 Did Not Play

11/20 @TEN W 31-28 Yes 6 -8 -1.3 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

11/27 @ARI W 24-17 Did Not Play

December Rushing Receiving Fumbles

12/04 @CLE W 20-14 Did Not Play

12/11 IND L 18-26 Yes 10 19 1.9 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

12/18 SF W 10-9 Yes 17 61 3.6 8 0 2 13 6.5 9 0 0 0 0 0

12/24 @HOU W 38-20 Yes 22 101 4.6 18 1 1 11 11.0 11 0 0 0 0 0

January Rushing Receiving Fumbles

01/01 TEN W 40-13 Did Not Play

01/07 @NE L 3-28 Yes 8 24 3.0 7 0 3 13 4.3 12 0 0 1 0 0

if they draft a young RB in jax, it seems like a fantasy mess for RBs there, with fred getting a decent but not great amount of yards, jones stealing a bunch of TD, from him but still not getting enough yards to be worthwhile, and the rookie just picking into jones and taylors stats

if they draft a young RB in jax, it seems like a fantasy mess for RBs there, with fred getting a decent but not great amount of yards, jones stealing a bunch of TD, from him but still not getting enough yards to be worthwhile, and the rookie just picking into jones and taylors stats
...you mean like Alvin Pearman :o

Fred Taylor is still in the NFL?

Trade him the moment he does something good in the first few weeks of the season.

Methinks he is just about done.

I traded Mike Anderson for Fraud Taylor in a dynasty last year. Desperation move during Anderson's bye week. Of Course, in true Taylor fashion, he promptly got injured the next game.

Users who are viewing this thread