What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Free Speech: K-12 Bills Are A Disaster Waiting To Happen (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
I've been reading lately about the K-12 bills to prevent the teaching of CRT, and I must say that I find the language a disaster. All I had to do was glance at the North Carolina bill to find this as its first clause. It prevents one from teaching:

"One race or sex is inherently superior to another race or sex"

My Spidey senses swirled with how much of a problem just a sentence like this, no matter how good in intention, was obtusely conceived for pragmatic enforcement. This is going to be a witch hunt under these laws of teachers tasked with talking about any differences between the sexes or races anywhere. It's anti-science and anti-free speech, these bills. They're a mess coming from the fringes of the myopic left and right. Education is local, and states promulgating these standards are completely missing the boat.

Just awful.

How is one to teach about gender differences in IQ, or athletic accomplishments by sex and race? This is Orwellian stuff here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strongly agree.  I totally oppose legislation banning CRT in schools, but these bills manage to be even worse than that.  On their face, they outlaw the discussion of all sorts of stuff that absolutely belongs in high school curricula.  It's preposterous. 

And it's a good reminder that if we called a constitutional convention tomorrow, there is no way we would ever end up with anything like our current free speech rights.  There's like half a dozen people who really like free speech as a matter of principle, and there's both major parties whose only major difference is whose speech they want to squelch.  

I have yet to see a bill that addresses the actual premise of CRT.  It's been discussed in a couple other threads, but these bills are simply censorship and they are using "CRT" as their rock and code for "things we don't like".  That's all they are.  I mean we have people, on this site, saying "teach all the angles you want as long as it doesn't hurt the kids' feelings or make them feel bad".  Really?

Users who are viewing this thread