What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W10 - Pittsburgh V Cleveland (1 Viewer)

LOL at BGP whining on a message board while his football team gets their ### handed to them in every way possible. Here's an idea, make a friend this week so you can actually watch the game and give your computer the Sunday off. Well at least they're playing pro football in Cleveland again, if you want to call it that. Count me as one of the Pittsburghers living in Cleveland this afternoon for 3+ hours! I sat in the "Dawg Pound"...talk about poor conditions! I'd put my one year old's social skills up against any of the hilljacks in my section. I can see why Cleveland public schools get a bad rap. Also, curious that BGP would criticize Steeltown's unemployment when one of the major issues in the last election was the 250,000 jobs lost in Ohio...most in northeast Ohio. Funny that BGP would call Pittsburghers frontrunners. I went to numerous Indians games at the old stadium with crowds in the hundreds. 1970s, 1980s, and 1990. Funny how the Jake sells out when the team is good, when their not forget it. Like every other town.Finally you show little knowledge of your own team. Every one knows that the "Browns Backers" is one of if not THE largest fan organizations in the country. Does that mean these are all people that couldn't wait to get out of Cleveland after the Cuyahoga caught on fire? How does a river catch on fire???

Always great to see the Cyahoga River on fire story brought back up!! :thumbup: :thumbup: Cleveland can NEVER live that one down.Oh, lest we forget, didn't the city go bankrupt once? Was the mayor Ralph Perk or was it Dennis Kucinich? :lol:

I grew up north of Pittsburgh but moved to Columbus for eucation benefits (long story). I travel to Cincinatti and Cleveland to see the Steelers whenever I can because I can't get tickets in Pittsburgh. This happens all over the country. Did anybody else notice how many Steeler fans there were in Dallas? I love going to games in Cincinatti because all you hear in the stadium is "Here we go Steelers Here we go!"For the record I am still a Pirates fan :bag: but I like the Indians too because my wife is a fan, and because they are no threat to the Pirates. I mean really, what are the odds that they will ever play the Pirates in a meaningful game. I am more of a Pirates fan than a Baseball fan. If the Bucks were to leave Pittsburgh that would be the end of baseball for me. The economy of Pittsburgh is not good. The city government is falling apart. It is a very sad state of affairs. I would love to move back to Pittsburgh, but I haven't found a job there as good as what I find here in Columbus. Cleveland isn't much better.I have to agree with the poster that said there are more similarities between these two cities than differences. That is really what drives this rivalry. Both sides seem to know what their own worst qualities are and look for them and find them in the other side. btw: :stillers:

Users who are viewing this thread