What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W17 - San Diego V Oakland (1 Viewer)

Barnes ejected. That hurts. The announcers said he made contact with an official, but I didn't see that. If so, I guess it is justified to toss him.

Would like the Chargers to win this one to avoid a sub .500 season, as well as to spoil the Raiders' chance at the playoffs.

Seems like the ref gave a little carry-over on the Barnes foul. That clearly wasn't a TD. The ball was all over the place.

For those not watching and for some reason in this thread, Heyward-Bey juggles a fade pass over his shoulder and by the time he maintains control, he only got one foot down inbounds. The left foot was clearly on the sideline. It was ruled a TD so it went to auto-review, and the call was somehow upheld.

If it had been ruled incomplete, I doubt the Raiders would have even challenged it that's how blatantly it was NOT a score.

Seems like the ref gave a little carry-over on the Barnes foul. That clearly wasn't a TD. The ball was all over the place.
might be contested, but its a stretch to say he clearly didnt catch it either. Call was TD on the field and the evidence against was weak.

For those not watching and for some reason in this thread, Heyward-Bey juggles a fade pass over his shoulder and by the time he maintains control, he only got one foot down inbounds. The left foot was clearly on the sideline. It was ruled a TD so it went to auto-review, and the call was somehow upheld.If it had been ruled incomplete, I doubt the Raiders would have even challenged it that's how blatantly it was NOT a score.
you need a new pair of :nerd:

Perfect throw by Rivers on the long TD to Gates.
yes, but tell me that wasn't a clean pushoff of Mitchell as he was shadowing him perfectly. The only way he gets separation is by offensive PI that wasn't called.
I couldn't tell at first glance if Gates pushed off or if the defender reached out for the ball and tripped. I'm watching on the PS3 so my DVR on this sucks but I'll check the replay again later. Either way, some contact was made for sure.

For those not watching and for some reason in this thread, Heyward-Bey juggles a fade pass over his shoulder and by the time he maintains control, he only got one foot down inbounds. The left foot was clearly on the sideline. It was ruled a TD so it went to auto-review, and the call was somehow upheld.If it had been ruled incomplete, I doubt the Raiders would have even challenged it that's how blatantly it was NOT a score.
you need a new pair of :nerd:
I think if you go back and pause the game at the exact moment he has both hands on the ball you'll see it. Then move it forward frame by frame like CBS did and you'll see that at no point does his left foot come down completely inbounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another great pass from Rivers to Gates. WTF are the Raiders doing trying to cover Gates with Wembley?

Goodman with the longest kickoff return in Chargers history to put the Chargers up 21-10. The Raiders really need to get some points on this drive before halftime.

Jackson has to make that catch. Chargers would have been in the red zone instead of kicking a 53 yard FG. Still, 24-13 Chargers with 46 seconds left in the first half.

Chargers trying to give away more points before the half. 3 defensive penalties on this drive.

LOL at the Raiders completing a short pass in the middle of the field and watching the clock run out when they were already in FG range. 24-13 at the half.

Chargers clearly remember Moore tearing 'em up last meeting.. he hasn't done anything of note from what I can tell

EDIT: of course he catches a 78 yarder as I type that

Rivers just became one of just 5 QBs in NFL history with back to back 4500 yard passing seasons. :thumbup:

Thought it was a better catch than pass. Jackson was headed over the middle full speed and had to reach back behind him for the pass and keep his feet in as he landed. But yeah great play all the way around.

Thought it was a better catch than pass. Jackson was headed over the middle full speed and had to reach back behind him for the pass and keep his feet in as he landed. But yeah great play all the way around.
True, but I thought Rivers put the ball where it had to go given the defenders in the area.

Rivers to Floyd, TD. Nice run after the catch by Floyd.

Big difference in the pass protection for Rivers today vs. the first Raiders matchup. It has made the difference.

Smooth move on the Palmer for two first rounders. That guy rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread