What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brett Favre again (2 Viewers)

fatness

Footballguy
Sorry to start yet another thread on Favre. I wanted to bump this one because that's where this content belongs, but I got the following message: "You have insufficient privileges to reply here." Not sure what that's about.

Brett Favre sued Shannon Sharpe for accusing him of stealing money from poor people in Mississippi. His suit was dismissed. So now he's appealing.
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...-of-defamation-lawsuit-against-shannon-sharpe

For a guy who wants to stay out of the spotlight and out of news coverage, I think he's following bad legal advice. Or he's just stubborn.

For background take a look at the previous topic I linked, posted by @Mister CIA :
https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/brett-favre-riding-high-on-the-welfare-train.803747/

This needs to go through the process and all. People DID jump on Favre before a hearing and it probably was wrong and generally that is what we all do.
Innocent til proven guilty isn't a thing on social media.
On the radio or TV....maybe they shouldn't?

We had Ezekiel Elliot arrested for this n that and charges suddenly magically dropped or not moving forward. That topic ceased instantly and that was weird. People will still zing Manziel but Elliott no?

Hassan Haskins beat a woman and choked her where she had visible bruising on her face and neck. You don't need a woman's testimony when there's visible signs and a police report. Somehow magically charges were dismissed and the NFL didn't even suspend him. He's just been on IR all year

I have no clue anymore what's ok to discuss or not OK and when and I can't imagine everyone else does. Have some judge discuss Favre n Sharpe and tell us what's what

So dissapointing - Favre was my favorite Packer - watching him play was a joy, played with passion, a gunslinger, and finally got Packers over the hump after not being able to ever beat the Cowboys and 49ers it seemed.

Can’t tell you how many jerseys, autographs, bobble heads, pictures I collected of his. My office had its own Favre section.

He is just not a good dude - stinks to find out.

This needs to go through the process and all. People DID jump on Favre before a hearing and it probably was wrong and generally that is what we all do.

We had Ezekiel Elliot arrested for this n that and charges suddenly magically dropped or not moving forward. That topic ceased instantly and that was weird. People will still zing Manziel but Elliott no?

Hassan Haskins beat a woman and choked her where she had visible bruising on her face and neck. You don't need a woman's testimony when there's visible signs and a police report. Somehow magically charges were dismissed and the NFL didn't even suspend him. He's just been on IR all year

I have no clue anymore what's ok to discuss or not OK and when and I can't imagine everyone else does. Have some judge discuss Favre n Sharpe and tell us what's what
They have text messages, that have been released, where all the parties are discussing their fraud, and how to avoid getting caught.

There is a stunning amount of evidence actually.

They have text messages, that have been released, where all the parties are discussing their fraud, and how to avoid getting caught.

There is a stunning amount of evidence actually.

have a look

Here's a link to the original story in multiple parts: https://mississippitoday.org/the-backchannel/. Anna Wolfe won a Pulitzer for it.

Seems like the bottom line here is the Mississippi AG has little interest in getting involved; her focus is on abortion and sex trafficking. $77M in fraud but if the Feds don't step in the former gouverneur, Favre and the 7 "cooperating defendants" won't be charged or sentenced. Civil trial and restitution, some reputations besmirched, done and dusted.

White collar crime pays.

Farve sounds like a jerk
That's no way to talk about the guy who holds the NFL record for most interceptions.
Didn’t he break Joe Namath’s record for INTs, or am I mistaken?

You were #6.
Yeah, but I threw a TD pass in 47 straight games, a record that stood for decades until Drew Brees broke it in the pass happy era. Also had to do it with fewer game seasons, which meant more seasons. I also invented the two minute drill and called my own plays.

Users who are viewing this thread