What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread Week 5 - Denver@Kansas City (1 Viewer)

No love for this game out west in Seattle either...Considering NFL Sundy Ticket just so I could watch this game but the wife might divorce me if I did...

No love for this game out west in Seattle either...Considering NFL Sundy Ticket just so I could watch this game but the wife might divorce me if I did...
I know your pain! :bag:

Said it all week, will say it again, KC smokes Denver today.Shanny had the nuts to say KC fans are fairweather and easy to take out of a game. Wondering what color the sky is in his world.

KC did a nice reverse on the initial kickoff return and returned it to the Bronco 45. However, the Broncos D stuffed Holmes and 2nd & 3rd and short.

Gotta be refreshing for KC fans to not have Paul Hackett calling the offense. I know it's been some time since he was there, but the scar will take a long time to heal.

Nice call by Shanny, Rod Smith passes to Portis on the fake reverse. Couldn't believe Portis got caught though. Defender had the angle but not by much.

3 plays. 80 yards. 7-0 Denver. Denver did a beautiful reverse that Rod Smith then threw to Portis for a 72 yard reception. 2 plays later, Plummer hit Carswell for a touchdown.

Whats up w/Preist? only 4 carries, none for a while
He's fine, Denver had the ball. KC got it back and Holmes touched it. A lot of different play calls right now going on, not just PH, PH, PH as you are used to.

Denver is stuffing Holmes so far. Heck, with KC's average(at best) WR's, why would you not?Trent Green looks uneasy and shaky so far. He looks unsure of every pass he throws. The TD pass was merely a ball he threw up with the rush coming and Gonzalez simply made a great catch.

He's fine, Denver had the ball. KC got it back and Holmes touched it. A lot of different play calls right now going on, not just PH, PH, PH as you are used to.
Well someone better straighten Vermeil out QUICK

Denver's D line is playing over their head's right now, reality will set it. It's still early.
That is a uninformed comment. They have played pretty well all season so far. As awesome as Priest Holmes is, when your wide receivers are as average as KC's is, a good defense will find ways to stop your offense sometimes.

That is a uninformed comment. They have played pretty well all season so far. As awesome as Priest Holmes is, when your wide receivers are as average as KC's is, a good defense will find ways to stop your offense sometimes.
I have had Bronco's season tickets for 3 seasons. Living in Denver, covering football and being a season ticket holder, I feel pretty informed whether you agree with it or not.

Umm... you should probably check to see who makes the comment before calling it uninformed... "staff" means he actually gets paid to do this. :D

Yeah, Denver's D-Line must suck now giving up runs like that to the best RB and best offensive line in the NFL.
My point is that holding Priest to that low of a YPC is way over their heads. I agree Holmes and that line are about as good as it gets, hence my comment.

My point is that holding Priest to that low of a YPC is way over their heads. I agree Holmes and that line are about as good as it gets, hence my comment.
Yes, but you cannot expect to hold Holmes to minimal gains like that the whole game. Holmes breaking a few good runs then does not mean then that Denver's D-Line is suddenly not good or that it validated your opinion. That is all I am saying. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No way was that a touchdown. It is being reviewed and will be overturned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but you cannot expect to hold Holmes to minimal games like that the whole game. Holmes breaking a few good runs then does not mean then that Denver's D-Line is suddenly not good or that it validated your opinion. That is all I am saying. :)
Yes but I never said they weren't good, just said they were playing over their heads. :)

Anderson missed the field goal, but the brain dead refs blew it dead. He then hit the second attempt. Geez, you would think the refs are trying to give them the game.

Anderson missed the field goal, but the brain dead refs blew it dead. He then hit the second attempt. Geez, you would think the refs are trying to give them the game.
Yeah, that was strange. I don't really think the refs knew whether or not it was going to be good or not, but a weird call nonetheless.

This is a good game right now. Both defenses are playing well and neither offense can really sustain anything.

Users who are viewing this thread