What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gamma PDSL Commentary (1 Viewer)

5.11 Crippler Matthew Stafford, DET, QB16

8.06 Crippler Donovan McNabb, WSH, QB23

13.11 Crippler Blaine Gabbert, ROOK, QB31

18.6 Crippler Shaun Hill Det

Not huge on this group but it could be okay. The Detroit duo should be an okay #1. McNabb will have a job somewhere for a year. Probably Minny. Gabbert should start soon if he is drafted top 5. Or at least when the tough times start. Overall I wish I took a QB early and think this will probably be my undoing

3.11 Crippler Ryan Matthews, SD, RB15

7.11 Crippler Mikeal Leshoure, ROOK, RB32

10.06 Crippler Tashard Choice, DAL, RB45

16.06 Crippler Daniel Thomas, ROOK, RB60

20.06 Crippler Dion Lewis. Rook

22.06 Crippler Chester Taylor, Chi

So many rookies. Nothing to see here almost. But it is an interesting group and I really like Chester at end to give me a little consistency. I like Matthews more than most but again I wish I got Beanie in the 6th instead and got a nice TE early. Overall this group could certainly be my undoing and if I can make it far, might even lead me to victory

1.11 Crippler Roddy White, ATL, WR3

2.06 Crippler Larry Fitzgerald, ARZ, WR6

4.06 Crippler Santonio Holmes, NYJ, WR19

9.11 Crippler Malcolm Floyd, SD, WR49

17.11 Crippler Devery Henderson NO

23.11 Crippler Randall Cobb, Rookie

LOve this unit. 4 solid top guys that is maybe the best foursome in the league. Henderson is a great guy to have in this format since it is huge or not and I can use huge. Cobb to me is a guy that can have a nicer impact as rookie than others because he is a slot guy. Another probably hit or miss guy each week but with the big 4, that is exactly what this team needs

6.06 Crippler Jermaine Gresham, CIN, TE14

15.11 Crippler Kyle Rudolph, ROOK, TE29

19.11 Crippler Fred Davis Wash

It is mediocre at best. gresham though has chance to move up and is excellent. I like Rudolph and he will go higher next year but he is still a rookie. This unit overall wont help the cause

14.06 Crippler Stephen Gostkowski, NE, PK10

21.11 Crippler Alex Henery, Rookie

I love this unit and think Henery is one of the best PK prospects to come out in a long time. He will have a job

11.11 Crippler San Francisco 49ers, DST11

12.06 Crippler Tennessee Titans, DST20

Meh. I got 2 of them. I expect SF to really improve this year and they have a soft schedule. HOpefully they get a CB early in draft

Overall. I hate this team except for WR but feel I would have been better off with Rodgers/Witten/D. Jackson/Holmes/Boldin/Wells/Leshoure/McNabb over what I did and would love my team way more. Will need the hit for the fences rookie approach to work. Doubt it

8.03 Team Legacy Ryan Fitzpatrick, BUF, QB22

10.03 Team Legacy Chad Henne, MIA, QB28

19.14 Team Legacy Jimmy Claussen, CAR, QB37

24.03 Team Legacy Jordan Palmer, CIN, QB48

LOL at this group. That's what I get for waiting until the 8th round to secure my QB1. The Kolb pick in the 7th, I swear I hit refresh about 500 times watching each pick approach me thinking Kolb Kolb Kolb. Meno.. you did me dirty dude. You did me dirty... The Bradford / Stafford picks in the 5th were who I was targeting. Hell Toupe backed up Vick with Bradford and my jaw hit the floor. If I landed 4 starters from this group, I might have a chance to put up an above average score from the position just due to quantity over quality, but I doubt it.

2.03 Team Legacy Matt Forte, CHI, RB12

3.14 Team Legacy Jahvid Best, DET, RB16

7.14 Team Legacy Ryan Grant, GBP, RB34

16.03 Team Legacy Marion Barber, DAL, RB58

22.03 Team Legacy Bilal Powell, ROOK, RB83

I think I did well here, but I know others will disagree. My infatuation with Nicks caused me to have Forte over Mcfadden at RB1, but I'm okay with that to have the big man lead the team. Everybody knows I feel Best is the second coming and from what I hear Grant is the lockerroom leader, so we'll see if he still has anything in the tank. Speaking of empty tanks, Marion Barber? Guess I can't complain its the 16th round. Powell is my guy from Louisville, I saw him run hard all year, very talented back and Waldman seems to also think so. Rooting for him. Overall I think this group is above average actually, unless you think that Starks is the starter in Green Bay. Grant's first major injury, we'll see how he rebounds, but a 2nd round pick down to 7th based on an injury that he'll have plenty of heal time to recover from, I'll take that chance.

1.14 Team Legacy Hakeem Nicks, NYG, WR4

4.03 Team Legacy Dez Bryant, DAL, WR18

6.03 Team Legacy Mike Williams, SEA, WR28

9.14 Team Legacy Arrelious Benn, TB, WR51

17.14 Team Legacy Dexter McCluster, KC, WR80

18.03 Team Legacy Titus Young, ROOK, WR85

20.03 Team Legacy Brandon LaFell, CAR, WR100

23.14 Team Legacy Laurent Robinson, STL, WR121

The first two guys here are dominant studs that I think we'll surely see in the Top 10 this year. Many think BMW is overrated, but I saw a player that has talent and opportunity. Let's face it, who else is going to catch the ball there regardless of who's throwing it? BMW by default, and what a playoff run he had! Benn and McCluster are both capable of throwing in the occasional big game. Young reminds many of DJax, so again a deep threat perfect for this format. LaFell and Laurent... could they both be the #1s entering camp? Strong possibly gang. Great group here!

5.14 Team Legacy Dustin Keller, NYJ, TE12

15.14 Team Legacy Kevin Boss, NYG, TE30

21.14 Team Legacy Ed Dickson, BAL, TE38

I was targeting Jared Cook in this draft and when TYLIU scooped him up, I almost cried. It was a big risk waiting on both QB and TE, but one I had planned to pay off. Oops! Maybe this group pulls off average performance but its going to take the Keller from 1st half 2010 to do it.

11.14 Team Legacy Tampa Bay Buccaneers, DST12

12.03 Team Legacy Detroit Lions, DST17

13.14 Team Legacy Nate Kaeding, SD, PK2

14.03 Team Legacy Rob Bironas, TEN, PK7

For some reason, I still like this team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crip - i love your team in dynasty, but in a redraft it seems too risky. You'll probably either win it all or get tossed early.

Crip - i love your team in dynasty, but in a redraft it seems too risky. You'll probably either win it all or get tossed early.
I am the first to admit I hate this team with a passion. I like my WSL team three times better. But I do like it more than Team Legacy. My crap QB's kill his and than his RB beat mine but I like everything else better including WR. I dont see Dez as a top 10 WR. So I might not go 1st :)

I am the first to admit I hate this team with a passion. I like my WSL team three times better. But I do like it more than Team Legacy. My crap QB's kill his and than his RB beat mine but I like everything else better including WR. I dont see Dez as a top 10 WR. So I might not go 1st :)
You may like your wideouts better, but I bet you that your RBs kill you before my wideouts kill me? What kind of side action we talking about?

7 Tom Brady QB NE

8 Jason Campbell QB OAK

I wanted a stud QB in this survivor draft and I got one in Tom Brady. Brady is a top 5 QB so I was excited to get him. Having Brady on my team already I waited for my 2nd QB and got Jason Campbell to fill that roll. I'm hoping that finally being in the same offense 2 years in a row will help him to develop and be more consistent. I thougth about a 3rd QB later in the draft but by the 23rd round they were pretty well picked through at that point.

6 Knowshon Moreno RB DEN

8 Shonne Greene RB NYJ

6 Marshawn Lynch RB SEA

? Kendall Hunter RB ???

8 Marcel Reece RB OAK

? Brandon Jackson ???

? Alex Green ???

In the early rounds I wanted to come away with a stud WR, stud QB, and one of the top TE targets which I got. So when it rolled around to the 4th round I knew unless I had some great value fall to me in another position I wanted to take 3 straight RB's to make up for waiting on them. I accomplished that with Knowhson Moreno who is playing for a head coach that loves to run the ball, Shonne Greene who I believe will have an increased work load come 2011 season, and Marshawn Lynch who is the lead back in Sea and with a full year under his belt in Sea and having a full training camp also I can see his numbers improving as well. Since I got those 3 RB's I waited for a while to grab more RB's and when I did start drafting others I was looking to grab a couple of rookies with high upside in Kendall Hunter and Alex Green. I also grabbed a couple of veterans in Marcel Reece and Brandon Jackson who are good at catching the ball out of the backfield. With the 3 starting RB's and the depth of this position I should get 2 good scored every week.

9 Calvin Johnson WR DET

8 Johnny Knox WR CHI

5 Devone Bess WR MIA

5 Anthony Armstrong WR WAS

7 Jordan Shipley WR CIN

? Plaxico Burress WR ???

6 Jonathan Baldwin WR KC

6 Early Doucet WR ARI

I wanted a top notch WR to start the draft and I never had Calvin Johnson on one of my teams and I believe with a healthy Stafford he could be the #1 WR this year. Since this was a 24 round draft I decided to wait a little on WR and try to go with quantity instead of quality other then a lead horse in Calvin Johnson. Since I waited to get some WR depth I was looking for guys that were #1 recievers on their team like Knox and possibly Armstrong if the Redskins don't bring back Moss or a free agent. Then I took Bess who seems to be a ppr machine so if he can keep that up I will be happy with that. I liked what Jordan Shipley did his rookie year and if he can keep growing he could have a nice 2nd season. In the later rounds I took a chance on a few guys like Burress who if he goes to the right situation could get me a couple of scoring weeks. I got Baldwin fairly late in the draft so I think he was worth the risk there. Then finally I grabbed Doucet who could be #2 with the Cardinals if Breaston goes elsewhere. I think the depth I have behind Johnson will be good enough to get me 3 good scores each week.

7 Vernan Davis TE SF

7 Brent Celek TE PHI

? Lance Kendricks TE ???

I wanted a top TE since TE's score so much with a 2ppr and I did that in Vernan Davis. Since I grabbed Davis early I wanted on my 2nd TE and grabbed Celek who I'm hoping has a bounce back year. I was going to go with just 2 TE's and grab a 9th WR since there were recievers that I still liked available and then the schedule came out and both my TE's had the same bye week. Unfortently by then the TE's were pretty well picked over so I went with the rookie TE Lance Kendricks and now I just have too hope that he doesn't get drafted by a team that has a bye week in week 7. Hopefully Kendricks gets some playing time and can get me a few points anwyay during the bye weeks of Davis and Celek.

11 Adam Vinatieri PK NE

9 Jason Hanson PK DET

8 Atlanta Falcons D/ST

11 Indianopolis Colts D/ST

I got two kickers and two defenses that have different bye weeks to I can't ask for more then that.

Normaly in these drafts I go RB and WR early and wait on QB and TE, so I came into this draft wanting to try something different and see how it worked. I think it worked good, I think I have good depth and good players at each position. Other then Johson I don't have a lot of star power at WR so I hope the other 7 recievers can give 2 good scores to go with Johnson each week. Week 7 will probably be one of my tougher weeks because my top QB(Brady) and my top two TE's(Davis, Celek) are all on bye week, other then that the bye weeks were not too crule too me.

I'm looking forward to see what others have to say about my team. I know I have some weakneses but with a 16 team league with very good drafters, what team won't have some weaknesses.

You may like your wideouts better, but I bet you that your RBs kill you before my wideouts kill me? What kind of side action we talking about?
NO action. And not your WR's that kill you. It is your QB.

Completely shot from the hip on this team. I see weaknesses throughout but it could be okay. Usually I like taking safer picks early, but I didn't do that here.

QB: Rivers (6), Tebow (6), VY (6)

- I actually like my QB trio as I assume VY starts somewhere and I like Tebow's chances to at least put points on the board most weeks.

Except week 6, which could be painful

RB: Rice (5), Hightower (6), Scott (7), Tate (11), Devine (?)

- Meh, not great but as long as Rice stays healthy, it'll do. So far no bye week issues here, but I don't like this group. Tate and Scott could pay off but RB2 is a weakness.

WR: Austin (5), Rice (9), Crabtree (7), Alexander (5), Bennett (8), T.Price (7), Dillard (9)

- Funny thing here is I feel a lot better with this group after taking Alexander and Bennett. Quite a bit of risk throughout, but that's ok. Only 2 WRs on a bye at any one time and the top 3 don't share a bye.

TE: Hernandez (7), Olsen (8), Scheffler (9), Z.Miller(Jax) (9)

- Probably one of the worst groups, but both of these guys have good receiving talent. Hopefully Cutler hits paydirt with Olsen or Bennett most weeks. Try to make up for lack of quality with quantity. Doubt Scheffler or Miller do a whole lot.

D: Bears (8), Bengals (7)

- uninspiring but solid. Different bye weeks :thumbup:

PK: Scobee (9), Graham (7?), Gano (5)

- Presuming Graham signs somewhere and Scobee/Gano keep their jobs, I like having 3 here. None of the 3 are great, but it's a crapshoot. Different bye weeks

Frankly, this is one of my least favorite teams I've drafted in any of these, but the potential is there to be competitive. I'll need some breaks like SF and Minnesota getting solid QBs, and my RB2BC panning out, but most of us will need a few lucky breaks to win this thing.

2.16 Pictus Cat Matt Schaub, HOU, QB9

9.01 Pictus Cat Carson Palmer, CIN, QB26

20.16 Pictus Cat Matt Flynn, GB, QB38

Solid - A QB I like more than most and some think an injury risk, Palmer up in the air for a job and Flynn as a flyer for trade/injury

1.01 Pictus Cat Arian Foster, HOU, RB1

5.01 Pictus Cat Cedric Benson, CIN, RB22

12.16 Pictus Cat Toby Gerhart, MIN, RB49

15.01 Pictus Cat Darren Sproles, FA, RB53

Solid - Houston and Cincy RBs have great job security, a backup RB and a man looking for a home

3.01 Pictus Cat Mike Wallace, PIT, WR8

7.01 Pictus Cat Terrell Owens, CIN/FA, WR33

8.16 Pictus Cat Randy Moss, FA, WR44

10.16 Pictus Cat Derrick Mason, BAL, WR57

14.16 Pictus Cat Donald Driver, GB, WR64

18.16 Pictus Cat Damian Williams, TEN, WR90

19.01 Pictus Cat T.J. Houshmandzadeh, BAL, WR91

23.01 Pictus Cat Deon Butler, SEA, WR113

Solid - 8 WRs Wallace may disapper sometimes, Owens & Moss looking for a home and needing therapy, Old men Mason and Driver looking up at the cliff edge, Damian getting ops with mystery tosser, if Housh was good as a WR 2 then he should be great as WR 3, Deon. Butler. Super. Asleep.

4.16 Pictus Cat Kellen Winslow, TB, TE7

6.16 Pictus Cat Tony Gonzalez, ATL, TE17

21.01 Pictus Cat Martellus Bennett, DAL, TE36

22.16 Pictus Cat Delanie Walker, SF, TE42

Solid - Two injury risk TE, two backups to lower injury risk TEs

16.16 Pictus Cat John Kasay, CAR, PK27

17.01 Pictus Cat Rian Lindell, BUF, PK28

24.16 Pictus Cat Joe Nedney, SF, PK 34

Solid - 3 PKs Super Toe should be solid on his return

11.01 Pictus Cat New York Jets, DST2

13.01 Pictus Cat Houston Texans, DST27

Is this the year the Jets talent means anything to fantasy? Texans talent seems underperforming too.

Tight wire in a hurricane, but could be best ever.

QB:

Mark Sanchez

Cam Newton

Marc Bulger

Colin Kaepernick

I think most would rate my QB group among the bottom 2-3 in the league and I'd agree. Could easily be the worst when it's all said and done. I thought using a 6th round pick on Sanchez might have been the worst pick I made yet the truth is either Sanchez or Finley is probably the player I can least afford to lose to injury.

Now as bad as the group looks they have a ton of potential and could end up being solid to good but it's going to require some things to fall right. The fact is I don't know were 3 of these guys are going to be playing next year. One massive issue facing the 3 QB's without teams is the lockout. No position is going to be impacted more during a long lockout than QB's coming to new teams.

I view Bulger as a big early season key. There are a few jobs that could be available to him with the Arizona seeming the most likely and the most advantageous. Any starting job he might land to begin the year is going to be a huge asset to this team.

In Cam you have a raw player but one I think can produce highly in fantasy football with the big question being how fast can he take the field. Over the last few years we've seen raw rookies who possess running ability like Tebow and Vince Young do quite well in fantasy during their rookie seasons but none of them began the year on the field. Two things in Cam's favor is that I think he's a more advanced passer than those two and if he ends up Carolina the competition to get on the field is going to be very weak but the lockout issue could really hurt him. So I think he produces and he'll get on the field at some point but hopefully it happens before I'm eliminated.

A lot of the things I just said about Cam I'd say about Kaepernick. He's a guy with enough running ability I think he'd produce for fantasy but getting on the field is going to be key.

RB:

Darren Mcfadden

Deangelo Williams

Ronnie Brown

Michael Bush

Steven Ridley

I really like this group but the FA status of Deangelo and Bush is going to determine if this is a good group or potentially great group.

In DMAC I've got a guy who was the #2RB in points per game last year. Should Bush remain with the Raiders it should provide me injury protection and comfort of being able to trot at least one Raider RB out each week. Should Bush be able to hit open FA I believe he'd be the second most sought after RB to Deangelo and likely to garner a bigger role with another team than he's going to get with the Raiders.

Deangelo is going to have a role no matter were he's playing but it will be a huge letdown if he's stuck back in Carolina. His upside will be very limited but on the right team, like say the Colts or Dolphins, he's got legitimate top 5 fantasy potential.

Ronnie is leaving Miami but I'd think with his skill set he should easily be apart of another teams RBBC and give me solid weeks.

Ridley may never see the field but I'm hoping at if he can't be part of a RBBC he can carve out a goal line job.

Like the QB's I don't know were most of these guys are going to be playing next year but unlike the QB's I don't see a long lockout hurting their ability to quickly adapt to their new teams.

WR:

Jeremy Maclin

Austin Collie

Nate Burleson

Mohamed Massaquoi

Greg Little

Andre Roberts

Golden Tate

Roscoe Parrish

Collie is huge key here. He was #1 WR in points per games played but obviously a major injury risk. Burleson should at least be a contributor for a a few weeks. Rest of the group is certainly shaky after that. Massaquoi should be the #1 or #2 WR on the Browns and I think the move to more of a pure West Coast system with him running shorter routes might finally give him a chance to break out. Roberts finished the year strongly last year and has a chance to start opposite Fitzgerald and at a minimum should be in the WR rotation for the Cardinals. Golden Tate showed some flashes last year but just as he was starting to get playing time he turned his ankle. I think he's most explosive WR on the Seahawks if he can get playing time. Roscoe Parrish was very usable last year before getting hurt, had 31 targets his last 3 games. By all accounts he's healthy and I think he will resume his role and give me a good amount of useable games. Little is raw and again a prolonged lockout will hurt him. But players like him whose main strength is running after the catch ability usually acclimate quicker to the NFL. See him as a Percy Harvin type.

TE:

Jermichael Finley

Michael Hooomananui

Luke Stocker

I can't afford to lose Finley. Never really planned to have such poor backups but I just kept missing out on guys I was targetting as my backup. Hoomananui showed a lot of potential but in this draft we saw 3 Rams TE's get drafted on a team were the new OC does not usually involve the TE so not a good situation. Can't expect Stocker to help but I picked him because I had limited options and he's got a lot of games started in a major conference so I'm hopeful that translates to early playing time.

D:

Cowboys

Chiefs

Cowboys have plenty of talent and hopefully will use a more aggressive scheme. Chiefs have a ton of young defensive talent and I think they could really break through.

K:

Hartley

Brown

Not much to say. I think it's a great group but probably wont' impact much.

Bye weeks worked out for the Kickers and D. OK so far for the TE but I don't know were Stocker is going to play or if my second and third TE will even be contributors. WR bye weeks worked out fairly well. Don't know were Little ends up but fairly well spread out so far. The QB and RB's I have no idea since I don't know were most of them will be playing.

I don't hate this team but certainly like them less than my team in the WSL and main concern is I need the following things to happen or it could be a terrible team: QB's need to get playing time and quickly, Finley and Collie need to stay healthy. That might be asking for to much.

2.08 Shadowfax Peyton Manning, IND, QB3 Bye 11

21.09 Shadowfax Rex Grossman, Was, QB36 Bye 5

22.08 Shadowfax Ryan Mallet, ROOK, QB45 Bye TBD

23.09 Shadowfax Andy Dalton, ROOK, QB47 Bye TBD

Manning allowed me to slough off QB2 but I didn't mean for it to be this ugly. Waited too long for QB2 and then just decided to throw darts at the end of the draft, as I just didn't see any RB/WR that had as good a chance posting a score for me. I don't like 4 spots for QB and still only 50/50 whether I even have a QB2 but at least it was a low cost investment.

4.08 Shadowfax Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG, RB20 Bye 7

6.08 Shadowfax Mark Ingram, ROOK, RB27 Bye TBD

7.09 Shadowfax Pierre Thomas, NO, RB30 Bye 11

13.09 Shadowfax Chris Ivory, NO, RB50 Bye 11

18.09 Shadowfax Justin Forsett, SEA, RB67 Bye 6

20.08 Shadowfax Roy Helu, ROOK, RB79 Bye TBD

Tried to take advantage of the mid round RBs and I think it worked ok...Bradshaw, Ingram, PT/Ivory should get me decent scores most of the time. But there's definitely risk here...Bradshaw's health/RBBC, where does Ingram land and how's his knee, Will PT/Ivory be healthy? Was hoping to grab Reggie after my PT pick but didn't happen but Ivory could pay off if he can run next year. Forsett is good for a couple points and who knows, maybe they'll come in handy. Helu was a low risk gamble. After writing this, I think I now have more questions about my RBs than I did before. :unsure: But the potential is there for 3 starting caliber RBs.

1.09 Shadowfax Andre Johnson, HOU, WR2 Bye 11

3.09 Shadowfax Vincent Jackson, SD, WR13 Bye 6

8.08 Shadowfax Deion Branch, NE, WR41 Bye 7

10.08 Shadowfax Jacoby Jones, HOU, WR56 Bye 11

15.09 Shadowfax Jason Hill, JAX, WR68 Bye 9

17.09 Shadowfax Josh Morgan, SF, WR77 Bye 7

21.09 Shadowfax Patrick Crayton, SD, WR108 Bye 6

24.08 Shadowfax Dezmon Briscoe, TB, WR124 Bye 8

Love the AJ/VJax combo and the rest should give be able to fill the WR3 role. Didn't plan for it to happen but I have some insurance with Jones and Crayton. I'm still not sure if that's a good thing or I'd be better served with 2 other players from different teams, as these will probably only score if AJ/VJax are out. So I could be counting on only Branch, Hill and Morgan as my other WRs. But Branch has Brady and Hill and Morgan are WR2 for their teams, which seem to be good value as the 68th and 77th WRs taken. TB seems to like Briscoe and had a decent last game filling in for Benn. If Benn takes some time to get back on the field, he could see some playing time...that's all I can ask for my last pick.

5.09 Shadowfax Brandon Pettigrew, DET, TE10 Bye 9

9.09 Shadowfax Ben Watson, CLE, TE21 Bye 5

2 TEs with 70 receptions and 700+ yards and seem to be a good part of their offenses. I'll take it.

14.08 Shadowfax Billy Cundiff, BAL, PK12 Bye 5

16.08 Shadowfax Jay Feely, ARZ, PK21 Bye 6

11.09 Shadowfax New York Giants, DST9 Bye 7

12.08 Shadowfax Seattle Seahawks, DST22 Bye 6

Got 2 of each...which some can't say.

Overall, I like this team. There is some risk but I don't think there are glaring holes. I think I'm pretty solid across the board. But a lot will and can depend on the health and situation of my RBs. Week 11 will be tough with Manning, PT/Ivory, AJ/JJones off.

5.11 Crippler Matthew Stafford, DET, QB168.06 Crippler Donovan McNabb, WSH, QB2313.11 Crippler Blaine Gabbert, ROOK, QB3118.6 Crippler Shaun Hill DetNot huge on this group but it could be okay. The Detroit duo should be an okay #1. McNabb will have a job somewhere for a year. Probably Minny. Gabbert should start soon if he is drafted top 5. Or at least when the tough times start. Overall I wish I took a QB early and think this will probably be my undoing3.11 Crippler Ryan Matthews, SD, RB157.11 Crippler Mikeal Leshoure, ROOK, RB3210.06 Crippler Tashard Choice, DAL, RB4516.06 Crippler Daniel Thomas, ROOK, RB6020.06 Crippler Dion Lewis. Rook22.06 Crippler Chester Taylor, ChiSo many rookies. Nothing to see here almost. But it is an interesting group and I really like Chester at end to give me a little consistency. I like Matthews more than most but again I wish I got Beanie in the 6th instead and got a nice TE early. Overall this group could certainly be my undoing and if I can make it far, might even lead me to victory1.11 Crippler Roddy White, ATL, WR32.06 Crippler Larry Fitzgerald, ARZ, WR64.06 Crippler Santonio Holmes, NYJ, WR199.11 Crippler Malcolm Floyd, SD, WR4917.11 Crippler Devery Henderson NO23.11 Crippler Randall Cobb, RookieLOve this unit. 4 solid top guys that is maybe the best foursome in the league. Henderson is a great guy to have in this format since it is huge or not and I can use huge. Cobb to me is a guy that can have a nicer impact as rookie than others because he is a slot guy. Another probably hit or miss guy each week but with the big 4, that is exactly what this team needs6.06 Crippler Jermaine Gresham, CIN, TE1415.11 Crippler Kyle Rudolph, ROOK, TE2919.11 Crippler Fred Davis Wa#### is mediocre at best. gresham though has chance to move up and is excellent. I like Rudolph and he will go higher next year but he is still a rookie. This unit overall wont help the cause14.06 Crippler Stephen Gostkowski, NE, PK1021.11 Crippler Alex Henery, RookieI love this unit and think Henery is one of the best PK prospects to come out in a long time. He will have a job11.11 Crippler San Francisco 49ers, DST1112.06 Crippler Tennessee Titans, DST20Meh. I got 2 of them. I expect SF to really improve this year and they have a soft schedule. HOpefully they get a CB early in draftOverall. I hate this team except for WR but feel I would have been better off with Rodgers/Witten/D. Jackson/Holmes/Boldin/Wells/Leshoure/McNabb over what I did and would love my team way more. Will need the hit for the fences rookie approach to work. Doubt it
Good accruate reveiw of your team. I think you'll be more than ok at QB. We'll know a little more soon about your RBs but that's a lot of risk in one area. You may have the best WR foursome individually but it's a different story with best ball and you may not have the advantage at WR that will overcome your shortfall at other positions. And I hate the fact you're going with only 6 WRs in a start 3 best ball league. I'm really interested in seeing how the WR scores play out with you and Nugget, who waited on WR but loaded up with 10 of them. TE is just fugly. Gresham might post some good weeks but will lay eggs a lot of the time and I doubt Rudolph or Davis will make up for that. You'll need everything to go right at RB and have your top 3-4 WR carry you each week. But I don't think that happens and you get an early booting.

:2cents:

1.12 Stinkin Ref Aaron Rodgers, GB, QB2

21.12 Stinkin Ref Jake Locker, ROOK, QB40

22.05 Stinkin Ref Christian Ponder, ROOK, QB43

At this spot in the draft I really wanted one of the Jonson WR to fall, but no such luck. I am not a Mendy fan so I passed and really thought I should just go safe here and pick one of the top QB’s. In BSS’s draft QB2 went very quickly but because of my 2nd round pick of a TE I just never pulled the trigger on a QB2 as I felt I needed to help myself at other positions with those picks. Going QB/TE really forced my hand in rounds 3-10 to try and address RB/WR. I wanted to try something different in this draft compared to the other one by going top QB and then top TE. If I had it to do over again I would not do it. Once I decided not to join the run for QB2 I pretty much just said screw it. I am actually ok with getting the two rookies and I hope one of them can start. Locker looks like the best bet right now. Thought about grabbing Flynn but I waited to long. Rodgers will just have to carry me, which is what I am expecting out of a 1st rounder anyway.

4.05 Stinkin Ref LeGarrette Blount, TB, RB19

7.12 Stinkin Ref Ryan Torain, WSH, RB33

10.05 Stinkin Ref Ryan Williams, ROOK, RB44

13.12 Stinkin Ref Rashad Jennings, JAX, RB52

15.12 Stinkin Ref Willis McGahee, FA, RB56

18.05 Stinkin Ref Jerome Harrison, PHI, RB66

20.05 Stinkin Ref Derrick Ward, HOU, RB76

Going QB/TE/WR put me behind the 8 ball here. In BSS RB18 went at 4.10 here it went at 4.02. Doesn’t sound like a lot but 8 picks is quite a bit. That really means nothing other than the RB pool was getting pretty dried up for those of us (think it was only me) that didn’t have a RB on board yet. I felt DeSean Jackson was the way to go in round 3 and I really thought I’d be able to get Best in round 4. No such luck, so on to the next back I like. I think Blount will be a primary guy. In BSS RB32 went at 8.3 here it went at 7.11. You’d think I’d learn. RB’s are going at a faster rate here. But no I pass in 5-6. I like Torain, and so does Shanny, he liked him in DEN. I think he will be the lead back and dude looks pretty tough when he runs. I should have done things a lot different to help this group, but hopefully Williams is the real deal and some of my last 4 guys score for me. I’d like to Harrison sign somewhere and be a primary guy. I am usually a RB guy, so for trying something different (QB/TE) this could have been worse, but I was definitely out of my comfort zone.

3.12 Stinkin Ref DeSean Jackson, PHI, WR15

5.12 Stinkin Ref Anquan Boldin, BAL, WR26

8.05 Stinkin Ref Jordy Nelson, GBP, WR40

9.12 Stinkin Ref Robert Meachem, NO, WR50

11.12 Stinkin Ref Danny Amendola, STL, WR58

17.12 Stinkin Ref Jabar Gaffney, DEN, WR79

19.12 Stinkin Ref Blair White, IND, WR95

23.12 Stinkin Ref Joshua Cribbs WR CLE

24.05 Stinkin Ref Kevin Ogletree WR DAL

I really like this group. Boldin felt like a steal at 5.12 and was just too good to pass up as I had every intention of going RB here to try and make up some of the ground I felt I had lost already at that spot. Jordy’s role looks to be increasing and Meachem should get a piece of the NO passing pie. With all the WR’s in STL, Amendola to me seems like really the only sure fire bet to see the field. I don’t know how it will shake out with all of those other guys coming back from injury, etc. Gaffney also felt like a solid pick in the 17th especially with the Thomas injury. I called Blair White the SOD over in the BSS draft and I really think he sees the field. Collie is coming off of 3 concussions last year and Manning likes White. Cribbs might throw a couple TD’s and I expect Ogletree to win the WR3 spot in DAL as I don’t feel ROY will be back. I should get 3 scores here.

2.05 Stinkin Ref Antonio Gates, SD, TE2

6.05 Stinkin Ref Marcedes Lewis, JAX, TE13

I should have one of the top tandems here especially if Lewis comes anywhere close to what he did last year. Guess I should have a good group when 2 of my first 6 picks are TE. As TE 13 he really seemed like a bargain and in 2 PPR solid TE’s can help carry you each week. Hopefully I can make up some ground from the TE spot.

12.05 Stinkin Ref Minnesota Vikings, DST19

14.05 Stinkin Ref Matt Bryant, ATL, PK9

16.05 Stinkin Ref Matt Prater, DEN, PK20

I tried to be cute and got caught. I missed out on Amendola in the BSS draft and he is a player I wanted. Felt I had to zig while others were zagging if I wanted him. Mistake. As it turns out, I don’t really need him and should have locked down a DST. Personally when the rosters were increased to 24, 3 DST’s should have probably been the play by more owners. Was hoping I could pull a fast one, but got burned. But hey, I got two kickers.

Overall: I tried something different and hated it. Never felt like the draft was coming to me, always felt like I was chasing. But I got a top QB, a very solid WR core where we need 3 scores, and possibly the best TE group. One DST is a killer and I learned my lesson. Haven’t really looked at the bye weeks yet.

If somebody can put the teams in order with their rosters it might be cool to have some more :2cents: stuff and maybe some rankings to discuss/debate. If not, no big deal. But it takes awhile to cut and paste all that stuff. Some have posted theirs rosters already, so will take a look.

Good luck all.

:2cents: 1.12 Stinkin Ref Aaron Rodgers, GB, QB221.12 Stinkin Ref Jake Locker, ROOK, QB4022.05 Stinkin Ref Christian Ponder, ROOK, QB43At this spot in the draft I really wanted one of the Jonson WR to fall, but no such luck. I am not a Mendy fan so I passed and really thought I should just go safe here and pick one of the top QB's. In BSS's draft QB2 went very quickly but because of my 2nd round pick of a TE I just never pulled the trigger on a QB2 as I felt I needed to help myself at other positions with those picks. Going QB/TE really forced my hand in rounds 3-10 to try and address RB/WR. I wanted to try something different in this draft compared to the other one by going top QB and then top TE. If I had it to do over again I would not do it. Once I decided not to join the run for QB2 I pretty much just said screw it. I am actually ok with getting the two rookies and I hope one of them can start. Locker looks like the best bet right now. Thought about grabbing Flynn but I waited to long. Rodgers will just have to carry me, which is what I am expecting out of a 1st rounder anyway.
Looks like you'll have 3 starters at some point this year, not bad at all.

:2cents: 1.12 Stinkin Ref Aaron Rodgers, GB, QB221.12 Stinkin Ref Jake Locker, ROOK, QB4022.05 Stinkin Ref Christian Ponder, ROOK, QB43At this spot in the draft I really wanted one of the Jonson WR to fall, but no such luck. I am not a Mendy fan so I passed and really thought I should just go safe here and pick one of the top QB's. In BSS's draft QB2 went very quickly but because of my 2nd round pick of a TE I just never pulled the trigger on a QB2 as I felt I needed to help myself at other positions with those picks. Going QB/TE really forced my hand in rounds 3-10 to try and address RB/WR. I wanted to try something different in this draft compared to the other one by going top QB and then top TE. If I had it to do over again I would not do it. Once I decided not to join the run for QB2 I pretty much just said screw it. I am actually ok with getting the two rookies and I hope one of them can start. Locker looks like the best bet right now. Thought about grabbing Flynn but I waited to long. Rodgers will just have to carry me, which is what I am expecting out of a 1st rounder anyway.
Not enough to carry if Rodgers gets a concussion. Team hinges on this and Flynn was a must als Hill for me with Stafford

Not enough to carry if Rodgers gets a concussion. Team hinges on this and Flynn was a must als Hill for me with Stafford
Frankly, none of our teams look good if our 1st round pick misses time. The rooks might be sufficient for his bye week now. (week 8)

:2cents:

Krsone 21 requested a quick review....this is in pre-NFL draft mindset and without taking bye weeks into consideration....

2.10 Krsone21 Tom Brady, NE, QB4

8.10 Krsone21 Jason Campbell, OAK, QB24

Love this group. Brady is a beast in this format and will very rarely leave you with a low score. Campbell has officially been given the keys to the car in OAK and seems to have the most job security amongst many of the QBs taken in this range. Plus even though OAK likes to run, Campbell could have a monster game on occasion.

4.10 Krsone21 Knowshon Moreno, DEN, RB21

5.07 Krsone21 Shonne Greene, NYJ, RB24

6.10 Krsone21 Marshawn Lynch, SEA, RB28

16.10 Krsone21 Kendall Hunter, ROOK, RB62

20.10 Krsone21 Marcel Reece OAK RB80

22.10 Krsone21 Brandon Jackson GB RB86

24.10 Krsone21 Alex Green ROK RB

By waiting until the 8th to get your QB2 it allowed you to focus on your other positions which you did with 3 straight picks here. Knowshon is not the ideal lead dog and you probably knew when you took Vernon Davis in the 3rd that your #1 wasnt going to be elite. However, I think you did a nice job getting two pretty solid guys behind him. I look at what you did in the first 8 picks and it is really evident how every decision you made kind of had an impact on your other positions later. By avoiding RB with the first 3 picks, it kind of put you behind the 8 ball at RB so then you went with 3 RBs in the row, almost in an attempt to catch back up at the position, which then put you a little behind at WR2 and WR3 since you were playing catch-up at RB. Classic case of give and take and what can happen when you avoid either the RB position or the WR position in the first 3 rounds. What happened to you here is similar to what happened to me in this draft as although I picked them in different orders, position wise we were the same at the end of 3 rounds (no RB). In hindsight I have said I wouldnt do it again, not sure if you would or not. I am almost of the belief that you have to make a decision to either go TE or QB in your first 3 picks, but not both. I dont know. Anyway I kind of like this group and thought you caught up okay, but I do think it affected your WRs. Between the top 3 you should get two scores and your other guys could ring the bell on occasion.

1.07 Krsone21 Calvin Johnson, DET, WR1

7.07 Krsone21 Johnny Knox, CHI, WR36

9.07 Krsone21 Davone Bess, MIA, WR47

13.07 Krsone21 Anthony Armstrong, WSH, WR63

15.07 Krsone21 Jordan Shipley, CIN, WR67

18.10 Krsone21 Plaxico Burress FA WR89

19.07 Krsone21 Jonathan Baldwin ROK WR93

21.07 Krsone21 Early Doucet AZ WR106

I love Calvin and was hoping he would fall to me. After that this group seems a little soft. Looks like you got some guys that can get some catches, but not a ton of pop here. WR2 doesnt come until the 7th in a start 3 league, so that is tough and your hand was pretty much forced to go QB in the 8th. With Davis on board at TE your 10th rounder maybe could have been a WR instead of Celek. If Armstrong becomes the man, this group improves, and prior to the draft the Baldwin pick may have been up in the air, but you may be okay there especially getting him at WR93. Doucet possibly passed up by Brown. Well see but there may be times where you struggle to get 3 solid scores.

3.07 Krsone21 Vernon Davis, SF, TE5

10.10 Krsone21 Brent Celek, PHI, TE24

23.07 Krsone21 Leonard Kendricks ROK TE45

I like this combo as I think Celek could have a stronger year than last year and Davis is a beast.

14.10 Krsone21 Adam Vinatieri, IND, PK14

17.07 Krsone21 Jason Hanson DET PK29

11.07 Krsone21 Atlanta Falcons, DST8

12.10 Krsone21 Indianapolis Colts, DST24

You got two of each but I would be concerned about Hanson.

Overall: Not sure what team it was this reminds me of, but it was one of those teams that when you first look at it, some might not like it. But then you look at the fact that you get to trot out Brady, Calvin, and Vernon Davis every week combined with 3 pretty strong RBs to choose from and it gets better. Ultimately I think posting strong consistent scores at WR2 and WR3 may be tough and be your demise as I think you are behind the pack there. Think you made some picks early that forced your hand a little later. Instead of the draft coming to you it looks like you were chasing a little. Think that happens in these when we go QB AND TE in first few picks.

:2cents: Krsone 21 requested a quick review....this is in pre-NFL draft mindset and without taking bye weeks into consideration....2.10 Krsone21 Tom Brady, NE, QB48.10 Krsone21 Jason Campbell, OAK, QB24Love this group. Brady is a beast in this format and will very rarely leave you with a low score. Campbell has officially been given the keys to the car in OAK and seems to have the most job security amongst many of the QB’s taken in this range. Plus even though OAK likes to run, Campbell could have a monster game on occasion. 4.10 Krsone21 Knowshon Moreno, DEN, RB215.07 Krsone21 Shonne Greene, NYJ, RB246.10 Krsone21 Marshawn Lynch, SEA, RB2816.10 Krsone21 Kendall Hunter, ROOK, RB6220.10 Krsone21 Marcel Reece OAK RB8022.10 Krsone21 Brandon Jackson GB RB86 24.10 Krsone21 Alex Green ROK RBBy waiting until the 8th to get your QB2 it allowed you to focus on your other positions which you did with 3 straight picks here. Knowshon is not the ideal lead dog and you probably knew when you took Vernon Davis in the 3rd that your #1 wasn’t going to be elite. However, I think you did a nice job getting two pretty solid guys behind him. I look at what you did in the first 8 picks and it is really evident how every decision you made kind of had an impact on your other positions later. By avoiding RB with the first 3 picks, it kind of put you behind the 8 ball at RB so then you went with 3 RB’s in the row, almost in an attempt to catch back up at the position, which then put you a little behind at WR2 and WR3 since you were playing catch-up at RB. Classic case of give and take and what can happen when you avoid either the RB position or the WR position in the first 3 rounds. What happened to you here is similar to what happened to me in this draft as although I picked them in different orders, position wise we were the same at the end of 3 rounds (no RB). In hindsight I have said I wouldn’t do it again, not sure if you would or not. I am almost of the belief that you have to make a decision to either go TE or QB in your first 3 picks, but not both. I don’t know. Anyway I kind of like this group and thought you caught up okay, but I do think it affected your WR’s. Between the top 3 you should get two scores and your other guys could ring the bell on occasion. 1.07 Krsone21 Calvin Johnson, DET, WR17.07 Krsone21 Johnny Knox, CHI, WR369.07 Krsone21 Davone Bess, MIA, WR4713.07 Krsone21 Anthony Armstrong, WSH, WR6315.07 Krsone21 Jordan Shipley, CIN, WR6718.10 Krsone21 Plaxico Burress FA WR8919.07 Krsone21 Jonathan Baldwin ROK WR9321.07 Krsone21 Early Doucet AZ WR106I love Calvin and was hoping he would fall to me. After that this group seems a little soft. Looks like you got some guys that can get some catches, but not a ton of pop here. WR2 doesn’t come until the 7th in a start 3 league, so that is tough and your hand was pretty much forced to go QB in the 8th. With Davis on board at TE your 10th rounder maybe could have been a WR instead of Celek. If Armstrong becomes the man, this group improves, and prior to the draft the Baldwin pick may have been up in the air, but you may be okay there especially getting him at WR93. Doucet possibly passed up by Brown. We’ll see but there may be times where you struggle to get 3 solid scores. 3.07 Krsone21 Vernon Davis, SF, TE510.10 Krsone21 Brent Celek, PHI, TE2423.07 Krsone21 Leonard Kendricks ROK TE45 I like this combo as I think Celek could have a stronger year than last year and Davis is a beast. 14.10 Krsone21 Adam Vinatieri, IND, PK1417.07 Krsone21 Jason Hanson DET PK2911.07 Krsone21 Atlanta Falcons, DST812.10 Krsone21 Indianapolis Colts, DST24You got two of each but I would be concerned about Hanson. Overall: Not sure what team it was this reminds me of, but it was one of those teams that when you first look at it, some might not like it. But then you look at the fact that you get to trot out Brady, Calvin, and Vernon Davis every week combined with 3 pretty strong RB’s to choose from and it gets better. Ultimately I think posting strong consistent scores at WR2 and WR3 may be tough and be your demise as I think you are behind the pack there. Think you made some picks early that forced your hand a little later. Instead of the draft coming to you it looks like you were chasing a little. Think that happens in these when we go QB AND TE in first few picks.
I can't argue with any of your assesments on my team, all valid points. I agree I think WR is my weakest spot. I was hoping to go with just 2 TE's and pick up an extra WR for some more depth there because it is a bit weak, but when the bye weeks came out and Vernon Davis and Brent Celek both on the same bye week I was forced to take a 3rd TE and I got lucky that he has a different bye week and I think in one of the better landing spots for the rookie TE's since most of the other rookie TE's landed in spots were they have major competition. So atleast I should get a bit of production during the bye week with my top 2 TE's out. What I'm hoping is with best ball is that with 8 WR's on board that I can get a rotaion of WR's that will get a good score each week at the spots, only time will tell. Thanks for giving the quick review Stinken Ref. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread