What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Giant DCs becoming Head coaches (1 Viewer)

Bri

Footballguy
Some former Giant Defensive Cooridinators have went on to become some of the better coaches in NFL history. What other teams would compare? Offensive cooridnator or Defense?

when was Green there?edit and good reply, I guess Seifert too eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony Dungy and Brian BillickMN Vikings under Denny Green.2 Superbowl rings.( Well in a couple of weeks anyway)WINNER!

In Green Bay

Holmgren

Andy Reid

Jon Gruden

Steve Mariuci

Mike Sherman
Unless I misunderstood his question, he was asking for DC or OCs, right? IIRC, Mooch, Reid and Gruden were never Holgrem's offensive coordinators. They were on his staff [QB coach in all three cases] but never his OC.

San Francisco...

Mike Holmgren

Mike Shanahan

Dennis Green
If we ignore legend Landry what's the better 3:Parcells, BB, Fox or Walrus, Shanny, and Denny?

Does Lombardi have a similar "family tree" of coaches like Bill Walsh? If so who are they? If not, why not?

How 'bout Paul Brown?

San Francisco...

Mike Holmgren

Mike Shanahan

Dennis Green
If we ignore legend Landry what's the better 3:Parcells, BB, Fox or Walrus, Shanny, and Denny?

Does Lombardi have a similar "family tree" of coaches like Bill Walsh? If so who are they? If not, why not?

How 'bout Paul Brown?
Belichick's a Paul Brown guy (despite obviously never coaching under him).

San Francisco...

Mike Holmgren

Mike Shanahan

Dennis Green

How 'bout Paul Brown?
I would give the edge to the group with the most Superbowls as head coach.

whaddya mean?
Followed a lot of his ideas (although you can say this about most coaches today). I know Belichick has a lot of respect for what Brown did, and some of his earlier coaches were Brown disciples.Here, I just found this link on it: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr..._school?mode=PF
very interesting read.Also, I didn't know he was a film guy for Marchibroda. Curious, got any more links to stories about his days before the Giants?

whaddya mean?
Followed a lot of his ideas (although you can say this about most coaches today). I know Belichick has a lot of respect for what Brown did, and some of his earlier coaches were Brown disciples.Here, I just found this link on it: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr..._school?mode=PF
very interesting read.Also, I didn't know he was a film guy for Marchibroda. Curious, got any more links to stories about his days before the Giants?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140130154...glance&n=283155

whaddya mean?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140130154...glance&n=283155
I think I'll order that, thanks

Mularkey was an offensive coach with the Steelers, and as Chase suggested, Edwards has nothing to do with the Steelers. Like Cowher, he was a coach under Schottenheimer though.

Mularkey was an offensive coach with the Steelers, and as Chase suggested, Edwards has nothing to do with the Steelers. Like Cowher, he was a coach under Schottenheimer though.
was Cowher ever under Knoll or learn from him in anyway then?

:no: Cowher was never a coach under Noll.He joined Schottenheimer's staff in Cleveland and went with him to KC, then became the NFL's youngest head coach when he replaced Noll.

Pittsburgh:

Marvin Lewis

Tony Dungy

Herman Edwards

Mike Mularkey  :bag:

Jim Haslett  :bag:   :bag:

Dom Capers  :bag:    :bag:    :bag:
What ties does Herm Edwards have with the Steelers?
I thought he was with the eagles
He's got ties to the Eagles (player), Jets (HC), Bucs (DBs C/###. HC) and Chiefs (Scout/HC).
I apologize for that confusion, he was with the eagles. Thanks for clearing that up chase and bri :unsure:

:no: Cowher was never a coach under Noll.He joined Schottenheimer's staff in Cleveland and went with him to KC, then became the NFL's youngest head coach when he replaced Noll.
did Knoll stay on as a consultant or anything?

Users who are viewing this thread