What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Givens deal done! TN Titan (1 Viewer)

The values of all the Titan 2005 rookie WRs just took a hit - they're now fighting for the #3 WR spot and the #4 target in the passing offense. I also liked Troupe better when they had less depth at WR.

The values of all the Titan 2005 rookie WRs just took a hit - they're now fighting for the #3 WR spot and the #4 target in the passing offense. I also liked Troupe better when they had less depth at WR.
McNair's value increases a bit :D

I own Givens and Branch in a dynasty league so I like seeing them not on the same team. What does this do to the value of Givens? I assume he jumps up a bit as he should be the #1 guy in Titan country?

Edit to add: Dang I got so excited I forgot about Bennett. Does his situation really change or does Bennett there = Branch in NE?

Last edited by a moderator:
I own Givens and Branch in a dynasty league so I like seeing them not on the same team.  What does this do to the value of Givens?  I assume he jumps up a bit as he should be the #1 guy in Titan country?
Bennett is not a "go-to" WR, he's best cast as a compliment. He could play the Plax to Givens' Ward in this offense. He (Givens) should be the #1 target, although the question remains whether the passing offense was TE heavy out of design or necessity. Troupe could still end up being as featured as Givens if it was by design.

I own Givens and Branch in a dynasty league so I like seeing them not on the same team. What does this do to the value of Givens? I assume he jumps up a bit as he should be the #1 guy in Titan country?
Givens and Bennett..more like 1a and 1b :)

Thats a tough call... I think it will probably be close to the same. With Drew Bennett, I see them being #1/1a. If McNair is gone for sure, and Volek is QB, then Givens could be #2 given Volek's past success with Drew..

When did receivers changing teams and excelling become the norm?

I'd say the jury is out on Given's role and success in Tennessee. I'll wait and see how the TEN rookies look in their sophomore camps. (And for the record, I don't own any of these guys).

Edit to add: Dang I got so excited I forgot about Bennett. Does his situation really change or does Bennett there = Branch in NE?
Bennett and Givens are about the same. Both have skills better suited as #2 guys.

I wish him well. A hard nose, quality WR who the Titans will be very happy with. It will be very interesting to see what type of numbers he puts up in a different offense since it's almost impossible to translate his numbers from the Pats. The only downside of Givens is he gets nicked up a decent amount but there's no doubt he'll play with pain if he can.

Well, it does appear the Pats were in no rush to resign him. It appears they made an effort in the end but if they really wanted him all signs pointed towards Givens wanting to come back but the Pats not willing to make that final push. So, now the Pats have Branch and a pretty useless Bethel Johnson under contract and nothing else. It will be very interesting to see what this unit looks like next year. I'm glad Davis is gone because he adds little and I can do without Tim Dwight as well. Yet, they need bodies and it would be nice if they are productive ones.

I still can't believe Derrick Mason was stupid enough to go with Baltimore over the Pats last year.

Anyone think Eric Moulds will become available?

I still can't believe Derrick Mason was stupid enough to go with Baltimore over the Pats last year.

Anyone think Eric Moulds will become available?
I believe his wife is from Baltimore and that was one of the deciding issues.Moulds being available sounds pretty likely although how much he'll be looking for is anyone's guess.

I wish him well. A hard nose, quality WR who the Titans will be very happy with. It will be very interesting to see what type of numbers he puts up in a different offense since it's almost impossible to translate his numbers from the Pats. The only downside of Givens is he gets nicked up a decent amount but there's no doubt he'll play with pain if he can.

Well, it does appear the Pats were in no rush to resign him. It appears they made an effort in the end but if they really wanted him all signs pointed towards Givens wanting to come back but the Pats not willing to make that final push. So, now the Pats have Branch and a pretty useless Bethel Johnson under contract and nothing else. It will be very interesting to see what this unit looks like next year. I'm glad Davis is gone because he adds little and I can do without Tim Dwight as well. Yet, they need bodies and it would be nice if they are productive ones.
TO :excited: :lmao:

I wish him well.  A hard nose, quality WR who the Titans will be very happy with.  It will be very interesting to see what type of numbers he puts up in a different offense since it's almost impossible to translate his numbers from the Pats.  The only downside of Givens is he gets nicked up a decent amount but there's no doubt he'll play with pain if he can.

Well, it does appear the Pats were in no rush to resign him.  It appears they made an effort in the end but if they really wanted him all signs pointed towards Givens wanting to come back but the Pats not willing to make that final push.  So, now the Pats have Branch and a pretty useless Bethel Johnson under contract and nothing else.  It will be very interesting to see what this unit looks like next year.  I'm glad Davis is gone because he adds little and I can do without Tim Dwight as well.  Yet, they need bodies and it would be nice if they are productive ones.
TO :excited: :lmao:
I'll be perfectly honest with you...I was just thinking about that. On paper it seems like match made in hell. Yet, nothing the Pats do would surprise me and they do seem pretty unconcerned about their WR situation right now.From a talent standpoint I can't even imagine what a TO/Brady combo could do. Yet, in reality I really don't want any part of TO because it would be an incredible chore to have to root for him. The Pats are such an easy team to root for because there's a minimum of idiotic behavior on their tean and no matter what the situation is I can't see TO being healthy in that lockerroom...especially if you're going to lose one of their biggest leaders in Big Willie.

i dont like the signing at all . titans have alot of other issues that a # 2 type wr isnt going to solve ..

i dont like the signing at all . titans have alot of other issues that a # 2 type wr isnt going to solve ..
Did you watch them last year?WR was a need...they had alot of youth...and alot of that youth was hurt.

They are set at RB, QB, TE...need a little help in the secondary...Dline is set...LBs are about set. Need a center with Hartwig gone...

WR was something that needed to be addressed.

I own Givens and Branch in a dynasty league so I like seeing them not on the same team.  What does this do to the value of Givens?  I assume he jumps up a bit as he should be the #1 guy in Titan country?
Givens and Bennett..more like 1a and 1b :)
More like 2a and 2b
:goodposting: You beat me to it! Neither one of these guys is a legit NFL #1, and both are marginal #2 fantasy WRs. More likely 3's or 4's.

Egh. Titans issues go well beyond receiver. Glad they have Troupe. See him as the #1 option.

Not a big Givens fan. Solid #2 option, but it now looks like they have 2 of those now with Brandon Jones, Roby and Williams as possibilities 2-3 years down the road.

I think the Pats will miss Givens, and I think he is a very good player. But I don't expect big fantasy numbers from him, and I would be shocked to see him excel right away.

Givens played in one of the top passing offenses in the NFL, and will be going to a team with instability at the QB position. He wasn't featured on the Pats, but the Titans seem to feature the tight ends and Bennett. He has never put up 900 yards, 7 TDs, or 16 games played in his four seasons with Tom Brady. His career TD numbers are 1, 6, 3 and 2 in four seasons.

The thing people remember is his postseason numbers, where he has 7 TDs in 8 postseason games, with one TD in each of his last seven. But in those same postseason games, he never reached the 70 yard plateau. That doesn't mean he's not capable of putting up big numbers, but it's interesting to note.

Meanwhile, McNair's number two receiver has never had 900 yards, and no receiver on the Titans had 800 yards last year. The only year the Titans have had two 1000 yard receivers was in 2004, when Volek took over midseason, but remember that Volek seemed to favor Bennett.

And last but not least, Tennessee may be breaking in a new rookie quarterback this year or next.

Givens simply does not appear to be a good fantasy option in the near future.

Just to balance out the Givens talk with some optimism -

Go back and check out his numbers with Branch out in 2004:

| 4 buf | 0 | 4 86 | 0 |

| 5 mia | 0 | 4 33 | 1 |

| 6 sea | 0 | 1 17 | 0 |

| 7 nyj | 0 | 5 107 | 0 |

| 8 pit | 0 | 8 101 | 2 |

| 9 ram | 0 | 5 100 | 0 |

| 10 buf | 0 | 5 66 | 0 |

thats 32-510- 3 over 7 games, or right around 73-1160-7 over a whole season. looks like #1 WR numbers to me.

Im not saying he'll do this in Tennessee, but he has shown the ability to be a #1 (for fantasy at least) over a stretch at some point in his career.

It's a very good signing for the Titans. Givens just might be as talented as Derrick Mason, and should be a good #2 WR, 3rd option in the receiving game.

I just would like to see the teams with my TEs stop signing WRs! ;)

(Cooley/Troupe are my 2 TEs)

I'm thrilled. And when Mcnair restructures and we get another 10 mil to spend this year, we can get that OL help we need. I think we'll sign Chris Hope too. Ah, it took two seasons, but finally got something to really be excited about...and not to mention the 3rd pick in this draft.

You guys are way too hung up on the #1/#2 designation.

The Titans signed an excellent football player who will be a major upgrade at a position they were in dire need of upgrading.

I really "hope" we dont sign Hope. Unless its for a very very reasonable deal.

I'm thrilled. And when Mcnair restructures and we get another 10 mil to spend this year, we can get that OL help we need. I think we'll sign Chris Hope too. Ah, it took two seasons, but finally got something to really be excited about...and not to mention the 3rd pick in this draft.
:goodposting: I've heard Reese is turning his attention towards K.Mawae to replace Hartwig at C

Getting the OL together is good for McNair and Brown/Henry

I think Hope is better than Lamont, but keep in mind, all we have at the safety position right now is Lamont and Vinnie Fuller.

Exactly, and we'll probably take a MLB in the 2nd round, and have a completely revamped LB corps...if the secondary gets shored up with our CB's in their 2nd years get some new faces for safeties and we're in good shape.

I'm beginning to wonder if the Pats will draft a kid like Sinorice Moss if he's available at the #21 pick...

I think Hope is better than Lamont, but keep in mind, all we have at the safety position right now is Lamont and Vinnie Fuller.

Exactly, and we'll probably take a MLB in the 2nd round, and have a completely revamped LB corps...if the secondary gets shored up with our CB's in their 2nd years get some new faces for safeties and we're in good shape.
Don't forget Marcus Randall. The coaches were really liking him. He's being developed and might be ready to contribute

I think the value of all Titans WR's has been in the trash since last year when Chow showed that he was content to spread the ball around to all the TE's. Could be a season where the Titans throw for 4000 yards and nobody gets much over 500 yards.

Users who are viewing this thread