What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (3 Viewers)

Anyone ever taken their kids to a monster truck show? We want to get them tickets for xmas, but have no idea if it makes a big difference on where to sit. Any thoughts?
I went to one with a friend and his 10 year old son. It was indoors and was ####### LOUD. We sat pretty far back, but had no problem seeing everything. My friend and I couldn't care less what was going on, but the kid was really into trucks at the time and he had a blast.

Anyone ever taken their kids to a monster truck show? We want to get them tickets for xmas, but have no idea if it makes a big difference on where to sit. Any thoughts?
GM is a monster truck veteran, I believe.
Good memory!I took Kellen when he was 4. It was beyond stupid. When he looked at me and asked to leave early I hugged him and we ran out of there. But I think Tiger is into wrestling so maybe he'll enjoy the show. If you're curious who the idiots are who will vote for Trump, head to a Monster Truck show SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it was a disaster. He was maybe 4 years old and trucks were loud as #### so he was scared and started crying. Tried finding ear plugs...finally did but he was too worked up by their recommend bringing some nice noise canceling earmuffs style ones

The motorcycle stunts before the monster trucks were kinda cool, but to me it's like Cirque De Solay (sp?)...fun to watch for a few minutes, but an hour into it, I've seen enough and would prefer to nap.

What beer did you order? Great beer selection, IMO.
I had the snowdrift vanilla porter yesterday. Typical porter with a nice little hint of vanilla. I was worried it would be overpowering but it wasn't.

Today we booked a babysitter from 2-5 to do some wine and cheese tasting thing. But now my wife's sick. Rather than waste the babysitter looks like I'm going to the bar. Possibly with TRE!!!

I had the snowdrift vanilla porter yesterday. Typical porter with a nice little hint of vanilla. I was worried it would be overpowering but it wasn't.

Today we booked a babysitter from 2-5 to do some wine and cheese tasting thing. But now my wife's sick. Rather than waste the babysitter looks like I'm going to the bar. Possibly with TRE!!!
Is that the one from Linenkugals?

Tell Tre GM said 'hey'.

Is that the one from Linenkugals?

Tell Tre GM said 'hey'.
Yes.

Just tasted the Snowdrift. Tasty for a porter. Not sure if I'd enjoy a whole pint though.

yeah kids absolutely love everything about trucks and watch these monster truck things on you tube. Sounds horrible to me. I'll opt for the cheapest seats in case they want to exit early and bring plenty of hearing protection

yeah kids absolutely love everything about trucks and watch these monster truck things on you tube. Sounds horrible to me. I'll opt for the cheapest seats in case they want to exit early and bring plenty of hearing protection
Kellen is a future wine swilling, foreign film watching snob, so he was not the target demographic even at 4. Maybe if they were Monster Priuses.

It doesn't matter where you sit at those things. It's obs boring for adults, but my boys loved it (2 and 3 years old at the time). We even got 'pit passes' so we could go down and take pictures with the trucks before.

So if you are not attending a family wedding, do you still write them a check for the same amount as if you attended, or a lesser amount? Pretend the wedding is destination and that the family member did not attend yours but gave you $50.

So if you are not attending a family wedding, do you still write them a check for the same amount as if you attended, or a lesser amount? Pretend the wedding is destination and that the family member did not attend yours but gave you $50.
Be the bigger person. I'd bump it up to $75.

Wedding gift should always be new crisp bills. Nobody writes checks but old ladies at grocery stores.

Wedding gift should always be new crisp bills. Nobody writes checks but old ladies at grocery stores.
...in the mail?? You can't possibly be suggesting that.

In his defense, he had just moved to Florida and started a new job. Also pretend that the wedding is the Saturday after thanksgiving.

In his defense, he had just moved to Florida and started a new job. Also pretend that the wedding is the Saturday after thanksgiving.
Pretend you never got the invitation.

It's my wife's first cousin. I'm trying to tell her we need not give the same amount that we just gave her OTHER first cousin two weeks ago for a wedding that we both attended here.

It's my wife's first cousin. I'm trying to tell her we need not give the same amount that we just gave her OTHER first cousin two weeks ago for a wedding that we both attended here.
You're right. Go half?

Users who are viewing this thread