What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gore (1 Viewer)

Cliff Clavin

Footballguy
Ugly schedule for the rest of the season and especially tough in the playoffs (vs MIA, @NE, @SEA). Smith has looked terrible lately so teams will be even more focused on stopping him.

What is everyone doing with him? Selling high on him? What would you expect in return for him? Holding and thinking that the SF run game is good regardless of defense?

I might try to upgrade him after a great game. He looks great but offense is having issues against good defs. No rush to move him though.

Holding for now. I think he's a solid RB2, but I'm not getting anyone offering that value in a trade.

I think the fact that he fell to the end of the 4th in my 12-team draft has made him basically untradeable. People just don't trust him, and feel they'd be over-paying to trade for him.

He just smashed through Seattle. I would not worry about his opponent as long as he is healthy.
This is it. Seattle had one of the best records against the run all year. Gore destroyed that record yesterday. In fact he's consistently put up solid numbers all year regardless of who SF faced. He has done this almost every year he's been in the league too. I really don't think Gore's production is a fluke and the bubbles about to burst. In the redeaft leagues I have him in I'm starting him every week unless he's hurt, like was said above. In dynasty it really depends on your keeper rules and what you're trying to do with your team this year. If you're rebuilding sure, trade him off at a premium to one of the "contenders" this year.

I would try to deal him for a Reggie Bush/MJD if possible due to schedules.
I don't see many people making that trade regardless of production. Too many "experts" said he was washed up heading into the season and his name value has diminished.Gore is running well, and it's possible he stays fresh due to the fact that he's on pace to carry the ball less he had since his rookie year. However, if you were going to follow the law of averages, you should technically sell before he misses his yearly handful of games. Odds are you won't get a high enough return, like Bush/MJD above, so you have no choice but to hold.

someone offered me McFadden, think im gonna take him up on it because McFaddens ROY schedule is too juicy to pass up i think

value has almost peaked. time to move before halloween
People have been saying this about Frank Gore for at least 3 years. He's perpetually underrated.
dont trust him, it seems like he always has a hot start, then develops some kind of injury. And low and behold he missed the last 8 minutes last night while he got his ribs checked. I say sell if you can

What tier of WR do you think you could get for Gore? He's been riding my bench all season behind Foster and AP and I wouldn't mind an upgrade at WR.

Why, exactly, did the 9ers draft James and sign Jacobs if Anthony Dixon was going to be the No. 3 the whole year?

This isn't even a situation where the 3rd stringer gets in occasionally for some meaningful carries either, it's almost all Gore and Hunter.

I'm thrilled they're wasting draft picks and talent and roster spots and all, but just wondering.

Why, exactly, did the 9ers draft James and sign Jacobs if Anthony Dixon was going to be the No. 3 the whole year?This isn't even a situation where the 3rd stringer gets in occasionally for some meaningful carries either, it's almost all Gore and Hunter.I'm thrilled they're wasting draft picks and talent and roster spots and all, but just wondering.
Tough to second-guess Harbaugh and whats-his-face. They're on a run of solid calls.

Why, exactly, did the 9ers draft James and sign Jacobs if Anthony Dixon was going to be the No. 3 the whole year?This isn't even a situation where the 3rd stringer gets in occasionally for some meaningful carries either, it's almost all Gore and Hunter.I'm thrilled they're wasting draft picks and talent and roster spots and all, but just wondering.
Tough to second-guess Harbaugh and whats-his-face. They're on a run of solid calls.
Harbaugh inherited the talent on the team. His drafts have been sub par at best.

Harbaugh inherited the talent on the team. His drafts have been sub par at best.
Turning around Alex Smith is damn near a miracle and taking the team to the NFC Championship after years of piss-poor play earns them huge deference in my book. And I like the Moss pickup. Manningham, not so sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turning around Alex Smith is damn near a miracle and taking the team to the NFC Championship after years of piss-poor play earns them huge deference in my book. And I like the Moss pickup. Manningham, not so sure.
Manningham has been way better than moss this year

Not really. Manninghams has more catches, a few more yards, fewer yards per reception, one less td. Neither have stats to hype fantasy-wise. But seems to me more happens when Moss is on the field in select situations. He still garners respect.

Plus, Manningham came with expectations. Moss, not so much.

And Manningham's contract is two years in the $7.5 million range with $2.5 or so guaranteed. Moss's is $2.5 for the year, none guaranteed.

Take that TD to Vernon for example. Moss lines up on the left side, gets attention. Vernon easy TD. That doesn't happen with Manningham, or at least as easily.

Really?2011 draft (Harbaughs first)1) Aldon Smith 2) Colin Kapernick 3) Chris Culliver (Starting CB)4) Kendall Hunter (RB of the future and nice contributor now) 5) Daniel Kilgore (Key BU lineman and special teams)7) Bruce Miller (DL in college converted to FB. Starter)Pretty impressive draft especially if Kapernick develops into the QB that he looked like tonight. Balkke was criticized for "reaching" for Aldon Smith, but looks pretty good now.2012 draft is definitely an incomplete at this point. They like Jenkins and James a lot, but nowhere to play them at this point, so they have been inactive. Same with Looney, the 4th rounder. Similar to what they did with Alex Boone when they drafted him. They like his talent and mean streak, but will sit while he learns.They are in the fortunate position of not having to rush this years draft class. Calling these two drafts "sub par at best" is really reaching.

Users who are viewing this thread