What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Grammys - Official Thread (1 Viewer)

Everybody wanting more Gary Clarke Jr/more blues.  I think Gaga/Metallica would have been epic without the mic screw up.  Could have done without the Adele do over.  Enough with the Beyonce worshipping already.  I don't need 5 minutes of "look at the Queen" production before you sing a single note.  Quit taking yourself  so seriously.

Several good mashups.  Overall enjoyed the show.  Bruno killed Let's go Crazy...
Agreed

re: Adele...if it was me, I just finish the song and say a quick "Sorry for hosing it up" afterward but her call obviously  :shrug:

Ready to puke over the Beyoncé performance/worship :thumbdown:

The Time and Bruno's Prince tribute best part of show for me. Hoped he would have done 24K Magic earlier to pump it up a little but he made up for it with the cover of LGC. Very talented guy :thumbup:

Everybody wanting more Gary Clarke Jr/more blues.  I think Gaga/Metallica would have been epic without the mic screw up.  Could have done without the Adele do over.  Enough with the Beyonce worshipping already.  I don't need 5 minutes of "look at the Queen" production before you sing a single note.  Quit taking yourself  so seriously.

Several good mashups.  Overall enjoyed the show.  Bruno killed Let's go Crazy...
I have to give you props for your perfect description of Beyonce's performance tonight.   As much as I admire Beyonce--as she is no doubt an uber hard working and uber talented artist--this insatiable worshipping is getting ridiculous.    Yeah--we get it--you're pregnant--let's not act like you deserve a Nobel prize for procreating.  Her performance tonight was nothing more than completely hollow, arrogant, and unnecessary opulence. It came across as being condesending even watching it on tv.  

My favorite moments were:

1.  Metallica/Gaga

2.  The Time/Bruno Mars

3.  Sturgill Simpson with The Dap Kings Horns

4.  Gary Clark Jr. with William Bell

Really happy that they had the Sharon Jones shout out (RIP).  Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood were probably my only other favorite moment, but not a huge fan of that song.  Adele was really good, just not a fan.

The rest of it I could have skipped.  Except the GCJ commercials.

Hetfield's mic :lmao:  
 Don't know if anyone noticed at the end of the song Hetfield throwing his guitar off the stage and kicking over one of the mic stands?  Man the music last night as a whole was horrible.  Couldn't hear the artist over the band, or the rappers. WTF was that with the rappers?  

AGENT ORANGE?  LOL

Bruno Mars was great.

Beyonce performance was pretty dumb.

Glad to see Chance win a couple Grammys. I was rooting for the Chainsmokers to win best new artist but Chance was my #2 choice.

That Hello song is so ### #### annoying. Still surprised it was as popular as it was. I'd be happy if Adele went back to sounding like she did on Chasing Pavements (ten times better song than Hello). Speaking of Adele, the Fast Love song choice for the George Michael tribute was interesting. I bet not a whole lot of people remember that song.

Also, what was up with the Urban/Underwood performance? All you could here was "What If I" and then the rest was muffled.

I thought it was funny that no one knew the lyrics to Sweet Caroline.

Ed Sheeran's performance was great too. I think him and Bruno were the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leading up to the show this weekend, there was a lot of talk about the Grammys being rigged and people were wondering if they would address it.

I gotta say....as horrible as the Kobe death is, it's a distraction that is great for the Grammys. 

Leading up to the show this weekend, there was a lot of talk about the Grammys being rigged and people were wondering if they would address it.

I gotta say....as horrible as the Kobe death is, it's a distraction that is great for the Grammys. 
Diddy had a long speech about that yesterday.  I bet it is brought up.

It was.  It was amazing for 8 minutes.  Now Alicia Keyes is making up words that mean nothing.  GOD I wish Ricky Gervais had a mic on that stage.  Yuck.

I'm pissed I never saw prince in concert 
Same here.

My wife and I have been discussing how there's not really any generational talents at the peak of their careers right now that you can see live. Sure you have people making decent music or legends from 20+ years ago but nothing like The Beatles, U2 or Prince touring in their prime. 

Same here.

My wife and I have been discussing how there's not really any generational talents at the peak of their careers right now that you can see live. Sure you have people making decent music or legends from 20+ years ago but nothing like The Beatles, U2 or Prince touring in their prime. 
Tool

Same here.

Roger Watters is coming around again if you wanna see Floyd...or part of them.

Or tool

Kinda surprised a comedy album gets air time. I mean...I guess it's art but it's not music.  Maybe a way for them to get big names thrown on TV.

Did they always give that award live?

And unmentioned, nice understated performance by billie eilish
Not to get all Simon Cowell but it was nice...and forgettable.  

Lizzo knows how to get a party going and make people talk. She had a bit of everything and played her hit.

Billie is on top of the world with a new ecliptic sound and image and she does a serenade. 

Users who are viewing this thread