What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Great wine bottle opener!! (1 Viewer)

johnnycakes

Footballguy
OK, guys, I thought we already had a thread about this, but I couldn't find it. So tough. I just wanted to tell my fellow FBGs who appreciate a good bottle of wine sealed with a cork to this handy-dandy gadget. I've opened about 20 bottles with this, so far. Very intuitive and very easy to use. And it won't break the bank. But it sure as heck makes short-work out of removing that cork.... This bastage has served me really well for the last couple of weeks. Here you go... thank me later.... https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CWO-25-Electric-Opener-Stainless/dp/B01IA3H6ZA/ref=sr_1_2?crid=27PEH9QIK25HW&keywords=cuisinart+cork+remover&qid=1662935185&sprefix=cuisinart+cork+remover,aps,115&sr=8-2&th=1

I also have a great recommendation for a foil cutter. But it's by All-Clad and costs almost as much as the bottle opener! But the combo makes enjoying a nice bottle of wine much more enjoyable! https://www.williams-sonoma.com/pro...-steel-foil-cutter/?sku=5376293&words=5376293

Last edited:
Invent a better wine bottle opener and the world will beat a path to your door.

In the meantime I've just been buying wine with screw off caps.

OK, guys, I thought we already had a thread about this, but I couldn't find it. So tough. I just wanted to tell my fellow FBGs who appreciate a good bottle of wine sealed with a cork to this handy-dandy gadget. I've opened about 20 bottles with this, so far. Very intuitive and very easy to use. And it won't break the bank. But it sure as heck makes short-work out of removing that cork.... This bastage has served me really well for the last couple of weeks. Here you go... thank me later.... https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CWO-25-Electric-Opener-Stainless/dp/B01IA3H6ZA/ref=sr_1_2?crid=27PEH9QIK25HW&keywords=cuisinart+cork+remover&qid=1662935185&sprefix=cuisinart+cork+remover,aps,115&sr=8-2&th=1

I also have a great recommendation for a foil cutter. But it's by All-Clad and costs almost as much as the bottle opener! But the combo makes enjoying a nice bottle of wine much more enjoyable! https://www.williams-sonoma.com/pro...-steel-foil-cutter/?sku=5376293&words=5376293
I'm on my 3rd one of those openers.. They last about 2 years before they stop holding a charge, but worth it. :thumbup:

I'm on my 3rd one of those openers.. They last about 2 years before they stop holding a charge, but worth it. :thumbup:
I've got a simple one like this, and it has lasted me over 20 years. Has never failed. Pro tip: I use the point on the corkscrew to cut through the foil...two birds, one stone.

I've got a simple one like this, and it has lasted me over 20 years. Has never failed. Pro tip: I use the point on the corkscrew to cut through the foil...two birds, one stone.
I've had surgery on both Shoulders ... and easy as they make that look, it still takes some exertion/pulling to get the cork out.. Whereas the Electric one is just Hold the button and let it do the work.. As I get older I look for the easy way out ;)

Last edited:
Oh, and for you beer drinkers, or drinkers of wine with a pry-off cap, here's what you need. Hate to sound like a Richard, but these bar tools should be considered essentials!! https://www.williams-sonoma.com/pro...teel-bottle-opener/?sku=8528410&words=8528410

And for you wine snobs wondering who would drink wine with a pry-off cap... dig this... Sauvage Spectrum out in beautiful Palisade, Colorado. I got turned onto their product at the South Pearl Street Farmer's Market. Good stuff!!!

LMAO....$65.00 🤣🤣🤣..What a “Tool”

Church Key

Oh, and for you beer drinkers, or drinkers of wine with a pry-off cap, here's what you need. Hate to sound like a Richard, but these bar tools should be considered essentials!! https://www.williams-sonoma.com/pro...teel-bottle-opener/?sku=8528410&words=8528410

And for you wine snobs wondering who would drink wine with a pry-off cap... dig this... Sauvage Spectrum out in beautiful Palisade, Colorado. I got turned onto their product at the South Pearl Street Farmer's Market. Good stuff!!!

LMAO....$65.00 🤣🤣🤣..What a “Tool”

Church Key
Well, actually, $29 for the electric wine opener and $25 for the foil cutter. Makes uncorking a bottle of wine a pleasure. I can see you must not have much pleasure in your life.

Last edited:
I'm with you GB, but I ended up with an electric opener similar to the OP because my wife acts like she's incapable of operating a corkscrew and I was sick of dropping whatever I am doing to open her bottles of wine.
OK, chief, I had one of those waiter's style wine bottle openers. A few, actually, but the best one was by All Clad. And guess what happened... after opening maybe 50 bottles or so, it came apart. The screw piece came off, leaving the rest suitable for use as a bottle opener. And if you want a good bottle opener, go with this one by Georg Jensen. It's totally dependable. The Cuisinart bottle opener I posted in the OP is really great, though. It has since opened another 5-6 bottles for me. No failures. Totally rocks. No sweat.

I've never understood why we have to unnecessarily complicate this. Waiter's corkscrew is borderline perfect.

I also like having one of those CorkPop openers around for when my wife inevitably breaks a cork with those crappy winged openers. Thing works wonders with broken corks.

I've never understood why we have to unnecessarily complicate this. Waiter's corkscrew is borderline perfect.
The only issue with the standard waiter's corkscrew is that it can cause old corks to come apart or make debris that gets into the wine.

I don't have an issue with that as I don't drink old, expensive bottles.

The only issue with the standard waiter's corkscrew is that it can cause old corks to come apart or make debris that gets into the wine.

I don't have an issue with that as I don't drink old, expensive bottles.
With any modicum of skill, the pull tab is the perfect opener. $4

Your link sux, chief. So does your recommendation, I bet.
Definitely. What would a bartender know about opening wine?

Prestige Waiters Corkscrew By Coutale Sommelier - Naturalwood - French Patented Spring-Loaded Double Lever Wine Bottle Opener for Bartenders and Gifts https://a.co/d/aExFndJ

Also takes no space. Some of these contraptions need closet space.
Those are nice for opening at a table. My arthritis flares up at the wrong times, so I use the winged openers. It also helps that I just bartend and not wait tables, where the winged opener would be inappropriate to use in front of the customer.

Users who are viewing this thread