What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hall signs 1yr deal with Skins (1 Viewer)

duece2626

Footballguy
HALL TO THE REDSKINS

Posted by Mike Florio on November 7, 2008, 2:14 p.m.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that cornerback DeAngelo Hall has agreed to terms on a one-year deal with the Washington Redskins.

We’ve confirmed the news, and we’re told that it’s for the same prorated $1 million salary he would have received if he had stayed in Oakland.

We’re also told that the contract contains a commitment that the Redskins won’t use the franchise tag on Hall in 2009.

His selection of the Redskins resulted in part from the fact he grew up close to Washington, and that he was a Redskins fan while growing up.

Hall spent a lot of time talking with defensive backs coach Jerry Gray, and Hall likes the team’s extensive use of press coverage.

So, in the end, he’ll make the same amount he would have made in Oakland if he’d agreed to waive the injury guarantee applicable to the $16.5 million in 2009 bonus money and salary. And he’ll be an unrestricted free agent after the season.

And he’s playing for a 6-3 team that is competing for a playoff berth.

Pretty significantly to be honest, he's not going to see as many plays as he saw with Oakland. He's probably going to be the Nickel/Dime Corner or at best in a rotation with Fred Smoot as the #2 CB for a good amount of time until he learns the defense. I say considering he's the #1 DB in my IDP league, hold him for a short while but don't expect numbers for a good 2-3 games.

Any updates on Hall's status in Washington?
I don't think anything definitive can be said yet about how he'll get used if all of Springs, Rogers and Smoot are healthy (which they all should be this game). My best guess is that he's CB #3b (Springs and Rogers are 1 & 2, Smoot at least 3a). If that is the case, then Hall's PT could be minimal this week, especially considering Washington's "Cobra" nickel package they like to use that has 3 safeties instead of 3 CBs.

Any updates on Hall's status in Washington?
I don't think anything definitive can be said yet about how he'll get used if all of Springs, Rogers and Smoot are healthy (which they all should be this game). My best guess is that he's CB #3b (Springs and Rogers are 1 & 2, Smoot at least 3a). If that is the case, then Hall's PT could be minimal this week, especially considering Washington's "Cobra" nickel package they like to use that has 3 safeties instead of 3 CBs.
Was hoping for a different answer, but about what I thought.Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread