What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Harrington a finalist for an award? (1 Viewer)

hutchins929

Footballguy
Lions' Harrington a Finalist for the Byron "Whizzer" White Award

March 9, 2006

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Detroit Lions quarterback Joey Harrington is a finalist for the 40th Annual Byron “Whizzer” White Award which honors National Football League players who exemplify leadership, dedication and commitment to team and community. Harrington is one of 10 finalists for the prestigious award.

:lmao: HA HA HA HA HA HA :lmao:

what's so funny about that? Harrington has been an exemplary citizen in Greater Detroit and always takes time out to accomodate fans. He was also the one guy that showed any class whatsoever on a team full of crybabies last year.

Oh, and he also founded the Harrington Family Foundation in his home state of Oregon and does tons of great work there with and for kids and education.

Harrington is a class human being.

End of story.
:goodposting: I root for this guy as much as I root for anyone in the NFL. I want to see him get some respect on the field, to go along with his much-deserved off-the-field respect.

Last year during the Garcia/Joey merry-go-round, he handled that situation with a great deal of class, in spite of being badmouthed by fans everywhere and being baited bigtime by the media. He is very team focused, and would make a good leader if given the support of his coaching staff (which I don't think he's really ever had for the last 3-4 years now) and a decent surrounding cast.

Notice I didn't say he'll be a probowler or superstar, but could be a good leader.

Lions' Harrington a Finalist for the Byron "Whizzer" White Award

March 9, 2006

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Detroit Lions quarterback Joey Harrington is a finalist for the 40th Annual Byron “Whizzer” White Award which honors National Football League players who exemplify leadership, dedication and commitment to team and community. Harrington is one of 10 finalists for the prestigious award.

:lmao: HA HA HA HA HA HA :lmao:
I wasn't dissing the guys off the field stuff, all I am saying is this guy hasn't lead his team once since drafted. Look at his teamates! They aren't even behind him.

You wouldn't expect that (in the city which is always vying for the title "Murder Capital, USA"), the players on the football team would be too finicky to stab their teammate in the back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if the coaching staff would of given him some support, or the o-line, or his WRs or his RBs then it would be another story. Marty and Mooch were to inept coaches that never believed in him as a player and his growth was stunted. Watching some film on him he is more oriented to a downfield passing attack being pricise and accurate vertically but not having good accuracy or timing horozontally which is a hallmark of a WCO passer.

I don't need to say anything about Martz' scheme and he will fit in well with it.

As for leadership on the field it is hard to be a leader when you do not have the coaches behind you.

End of story.
:goodposting: I root for this guy as much as I root for anyone in the NFL. I want to see him get some respect on the field, to go along with his much-deserved off-the-field respect.
:goodposting: Harrington is, basically, what Ryan Leaf was--only with maturity and grace.He hasn't had a lick of pro football success, really--but he sure is a classy guy.

End of story.
:goodposting: Harrington is, basically, what Ryan Leaf was--only with maturity and grace.He hasn't had a lick of pro football success, really--but he sure is a classy guy.
Harrington is thousands of times better than Ryan Leaf both on the field and off. That was a horrible comparison.

Well if the coaching staff would of given him some support, or the o-line, or his WRs or his RBs then it would be another story. Marty and Mooch were to inept coaches that never believed in him as a player and his growth was stunted. Watching some film on him he is more oriented to a downfield passing attack being pricise and accurate vertically but not having good accuracy or timing horozontally which is a hallmark of a WCO passer.

I don't need to say anything about Martz' scheme and he will fit in well with it.

As for leadership on the field it is hard to be a leader when you do not have the coaches behind you.
well if he is the guy in Detroit this season I hope he can flourish with Martz running the offense. I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

Users who are viewing this thread