What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Has anyone moved their Friends & Family Year Long Private Leagues (1 Viewer)

u999spf

Footballguy
Has anyone decided to transition their year long private fantasy leagues to a private league on a DFS site?

If so, how has it worked out for you? Pros/Cons?

And does anyone know what happens if you create a private 12 team league for the week and one of the guys forgets to submit a lineup by the time the Thursday night game starts or just forgets to set a lineup that week? Does the contest forfeit for everyone as it went unfilled or does it drop to 11 players?

I am thinking about doing this for one or more of my leagues next season as a change up/something different. Especially for the league where its impossible to find a draft time that everyone can easily make.

What are the chances a site like MFL adds in a Weekly Salary Cap type format to its league site as an alternative to draft, auction and dynasty type drafts it already offers?

Then you could have the weekly salary format (say based on Draft Kings salaries or Fan Duel) but a league website for your buddies for all the normal stuff with H2H setups or All Play, etc.

I get the draft is the best part of fantasy for most people so this wouldnt necessarily be for everyone or every league. But if you are in multiple leagues, this is another option much like those that have adopted auction or dynasty type formats as a change of pace.

Also if MFL or Yahoo or CBS offered this format it may help to keep people from leaving to go full time to DFS sites. You can still have H2H matchups and have a league champion and all the historical stuff and league chats, etc.

The DFS sites take 10% from each contest EACH week that you would have to setup to replicate this option and that comes out to more money than CSB Sportsline (most expensive fantasy site) costs on a yearly basis.

This format/option would have all the benefits of daily leagues in a yearly season long format. The biggest cons being no draft, no waivers, no season ending injuries to top draft picks and no trades to deal with.

However, depending on your personal preference these could also be viewed as Pros for some people. I commish a bunch of leagues and its tough getting people together for a draft as people get busier with work and family commitments.

And trades in fantasy football are every commissioner's worst nightmare, right up there with someone not showing up on draft night.

Users who are viewing this thread