What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Have your rookie RBs rankings changed in dynasty leagues? (1 Viewer)

ghostguy123 said:
Ongoing rookie draft.  12 team PPR (1.25 for TE), start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 flex

1- Barkely

2- Michel

3- Freeman

4- Calvin Ridley (shocker for me, I have pick 12 he isnt even in my top 12)

5- Guice

6- Kerryon Johnson

7- Christian Kirk

8- DJ Moore

9- Nick Chubb
I must be insane I took Sutton at 10 over Penny in this draft.  Penny was ADP pick 3 in most drafts before training camp began and Sutton was ADP 12.

I mulled it over for 3 hours back and forth before pulling the trigger.  Funny how a month ago I would have never dreamed I would have done that.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team 0.5 PPR full dynasty - rookie / fa draft

1SteinkeSaquon Barkley RB | NYG 0.0/0.0

2Mongolian GangbustersRoyce Freeman RB | DEN 9 sec0.0/0.0

3Redneck Rage RebootSony Michel RB | NE 1 min 23 sec0.0/0.0

4MarsellRonald Jones RB | TB 1 min 49 sec0.0/0.0

5PavDaddyKerryon Johnson RB | DET 37 sec0.0/0.0

6HanzandFranzDerrius Guice RB | WAS 1 min 20 sec0.0/0.0

7Bloodsucking Leeches Nick Chubb RB | CLE 1 min 16 sec0.0/0.0

8Toledo TensRashaad Penny RB | SEA 2 min 9 sec0.0/0.0

92 Gurley's 1 CupDJ Moore WR | CAR 58 sec0.0/0.0

10USFL Rules!Calvin Ridley WR | ATL 32 sec0.0/0.0

11Warrington WarlordJordan Wilkins RB | IND 49 sec0.0/0.0

12Brady's Deflated SmallwoodNyheim Hines RB | IND 2 min 43 sec0.0/0.0

I picked Guice at 1.06...figured talent is there and will most likely have to wait on Chubb for playing time and not sold on Penny...

In our draft Barkley of course went 1st....followed by Freeman, Michel, I chose Kerryon, Penny, Hines, Jones, Chubb, Moore, Ridley, Guice, Wilkins

It was hard to pass on Penny and it may end up being a mistake but I prefer to go with players with a buzz, making plays and turning heads.  Passed on Jones for the same reason...he has an open competition and is clearly thumped and looks sub-pedestrian.  Maybe he bounces back and gets it but I'll let someone else take that risk. 

I also snagged Guice late and will park him for a year as a bit of insurance.  

Ongoing rookie draft.  12 team PPR (1.25 for TE), start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 flex

1- Barkely

2- Michel

3- Freeman

4- Calvin Ridley (shocker for me, I have pick 12 he isnt even in my top 12)

5- Guice

6- Kerryon Johnson

7- Christian Kirk

8- DJ Moore

9- Nick Chubb

10- Courtland Sutton

11- Rashaad Penny

12- Michael Gallup (pick traded for a future 1st (prolly in the 7-9 range) and small upgrade from a 4th to a 3rd this year.

13- Anthony Miller

ROnald Jones dropping like a rock.  He went pick 6 in my FFPC draft in May where the top 8 picks were RBs.
Is Ridley in your top 12 now ?

As of today if I had to rank them all again:

saquan - no words needed   He is as advertised   

michel - as many thought - BB doesn’t draft a rb in the 1st RD to not use him.  Now that he is rounding into form after the preseason “procedure” we are starting to get a good feel for his current value as a solid rb2 and immense potential as time goes on.  Still a significant injury risk.  

chubb - BEAST.  I have a feeling if he was getting 12+ carries per week in that browns offense he would be ahead of Michel for me.  

lindsay - UFA blah blah blah.  He is the truth.  Freeman is solid but Lindsay is ELECTRIC.  

freeman - very good rb.  Currently stuck as the lesser part of an RBBC.  If he were featured more he could be tied with Michel.  

kerryon - very good RB.  Same issue as Freeman. 

hines - really talented RB for ppr leagues. In a great situation with Luck and a team that can’t run the ball to save their lives.  

rojo - I only place him above Penny BC I feel he has less standing in front of him for the starting job...which he could win as soon as this week providing he shows even a glimpse of USC rojo vs ATL.  

penny - beast of a college RB facing Subpar competition.  Now he can’t wven beat out Carson and mike Davis.  Also has a weight issue.  Could be the next fat Eddie lacy. 

wilkins - he sucks. Lol 

I think the only player who has a huge drop is probably Rojo.  Lindsay and Hines are probably both in the first round now.

Last edited by a moderator:
penny - beast of a college RB facing Subpar competition.  Now he can’t wven beat out Carson and mike Davis.  Also has a weight issue.  Could be the next fat Eddie lacy. 
Lacy at least provided a good season or two before he turned into garbage.

I rode him to a title one season.

Users who are viewing this thread