What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hawks Land Julian Peterson! (1 Viewer)

Well this thread has turend into a pissing match pretty quickly. God, Cowboy fans have to learn that their team is no good.

God, Parcells guys have to learn that their team is no good.
Fixed ;) Back on topic...

While the Peterson signing looks good on paper, I still don't like the trade off of losing Hutch here. It definitely improves the defense, but it does so at the expense of the offense in my view.
The trade off isnt done yet....lets see who else Seattle signs

Peterson has been hidden on a bad 49ers team for too long.
Very true. For those that haven't seen Peterson play it won't mean much, but he's the real deal. A real difference maker.e
It's been a long time sinc Peterson was a real difference maker. Most peoples exposure to Peterson came 3 years ago in a game against the Chiefs when the announcers slobbered for 3 hours how amazing it was that he blanketed Gonzo the whole game. He had a great season in 2003 but I would hesitate to call it a top 2 linebacker type year. He has not beeen the same since, because of injuries, & I would have cringed if the 49ers had offered him this same contract. As a Superbowl contender with the cap space, I guess it's an ok gamble, on a rebuilding team I just don't think he is worth 10% of the cap this year.One of the negatives on Peterson coming out of college was that he was a little slow with the playbook. It did take him awhile to come around with the 49ers. He didn't play poorly his first 3 years but he certainly wasn't the player he was in his career year. I don't think he's the type of guy that you can plug in & expect immediate results.
:goodposting: He hasn't been a playmaker since 2003. If he can revert to pre-injury form, good deal. Thats a big if right now, however.

As a dynasty owner of JP, I'm not thrilled to see him at SLB for the Hawks.

As a 49er fan, I hope he plays like the JP of old for 14/16 games... ;) He was a good dude while on the 49ers.
In point of fact, before he got injured in the fifth game of the 04/05 season, he was playing at a very high level. Not a playmaker? He was on pace for 88 solos, 10 sacks and 8 FF. This past year (his first season back from injury) he put up fairly modest numbers, playing for an awful team at the OLB position in a 3-4. He was clearly not playing at the level he had been pre-injury, but I think it's a little early to write his obit.

It really hurts me that we lost Hutch, but adding Peterson gives a quickly maturing defense a presence that we haven't had before. Abraham could put our D in an elite status. Our offense should continue to be well above average.

We will be a much more complete team next year.

:thumbup:

Wow that kind of money for a SLB. He better get double digit sacks or he is not worth it.
This seems to be a common theme throughout this thread but I think it's far from the truth. It screams of "fantasy perspetctive".Before the injury Peterson was one of the best coverage LB's I've ever seen play the game, and that is NOT just based on the one game where he was able to blanket Gonzales in his prime.... though that doesn't exactly suck either. I've seen Peterson on several occasions cover a third-down-back into the flat where the back then sprints up the sidelines and Peterson was able to backpedal, turn and cover the third-down-back all the way down the sidelines. I've even seen instances where he was able to make better adjustments on the ball than the intended RB in those situations and make INT's.

Any guy that can cover like that can make a huge impact on the game even with modest stats. Peterson may not be a huge FF player, but if he returns to anything close to 100% he can be a very big difference maker for SEA. Vanilla stats and all.

:pickle:

:pics: of the leagues best LB core. :thumbup:
You've seen the best LB core up close.....they wear black and gold! :towelwave:
I should have known from your other empty minded posts. Still feeling guilty are we? It may pass in a few years.
Why would I feel guilty about the Cryhawks inability to run a 2 minute offense or the Cryhawks defense inability to stop the Steelers run game when the entire stadium knew that Pittsburgh was gonna run the ball. How's that sour milk taste on your cereal every morning?

:pics: of the leagues best LB core.  :thumbup:
You've seen the best LB core up close.....they wear black and gold! :towelwave:
I should have known from your other empty minded posts. Still feeling guilty are we? It may pass in a few years.
Why would I feel guilty about the Cryhawks inability to run a 2 minute offense or the Cryhawks defense inability to stop the Steelers run game when the entire stadium knew that Pittsburgh was gonna run the ball. How's that sour milk taste on your cereal every morning?
Community College English Class down?

Irish,

We have some great posters who happen to be Steeler fans. If I was one of them I would be embarrassed by most of your comments. You are perpetuating an inaccurate stereotype of how some people use to look at Steeler fans.

I'm not really thrilled with the Peterson signing. I would have liked to see Arrington instead, if they were intent on landing a LB. That is just too much money for a LB.

On the other hand, I will be greatly impressed if they can get the Abraham deal sealed. He will truly improve the defense.

Regarding Hutchinson, I'm not sure that he is worth what the Vikings paid. He is a Guard, not a Left Tackle. I just don't see the position being worth that much money. I guess the Vikings had to do something, with all the talent they have been bleeding. I just don't know that overspending on a Guard is smart.

Irish,

We have some great posters who happen to be Steeler fans. If I was one of them I would be embarrassed by most of your comments. You are perpetuating an inaccurate stereotype of how some people use to look at Steeler fans.
There are many differences between Steeler fans and Seahawk fans. One of them being that Steeler fans are not overly sensitive girly types like Seahawk fans. ;)

Irish,

There are many differences between Steeler fans and Seahawk fans. One of them being that Steeler fans are not overly sensitive girly types like Seahawk fans. ;)
The vast majority of Steeler fans are secure enough that they don't need to take shots at total strangers on the web.

Irish,

Right... it's the blue collar, almost made it through through highschool types that make the great Stealer fans, correct? ;) We've been missing you at the mensa meetings :)

Irish,

Please find a sensitive girly comment that I have made about the Steelers. I have nothing but respect for the Steelers or their fans. Most Steeler fans that I know aren't dealing with as many chilhood issues that you are.

Remember this is a thread that started concerning a LB signing with the Seahawks. I'm not sure why you are offended.

Irish,

Please find a sensitive girly comment that I have made about the Steelers. I have nothing but respect for the Steelers or their fans. Most Steeler fans that I know aren't dealing with as many chilhood issues that you are.

Remember this is a thread that started concerning a LB signing with the Seahawks. I'm not sure why you are offended.
I'm not offended. Lighten up Francis, just a little smack talk on a football message board. Back to the topic, I think the Seahags took a huge gamble that Peterson returns to his form from over 2 seasons ago, IMHO Abrahams is the better player and safer signing.

Irish,

I'm not offended. Lighten up Francis, just a little smack talk on a football message board. Back to the topic, I think the Seahags took a huge gamble that Peterson returns to his form from over 2 seasons ago, IMHO Abrahams is the better player and safer signing.
:hijacked: For the two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl I :boxing: it out with Steeler fans right here. At the Super Bowl I did the same. I don't like Steeler fans, not one iota.

But I will tell you that I have a great deal of respect for the Steeler fans who offer substantial arguments and a great deal of perspective on the game of football.

EG72, Arn City, Godsbrother, The Jerk, Frenchy, Franknbeans, and a few others bring it. I don't agree with them, they annoy me, and they also annoy me. Did I mention that? But they are stand up fans, they are passionate about their team, and they have substance. Why don't you post over there? I noticed you don't. Huh, that's weird.

They also don't jump into threads just to stir up fans of another team for reasons known only to you. So here, in the Hutch thread, and in the Seahawks thread I see your angle. Fine; you live with your own credibility. Strawman arguments void of facts tend to dissolve into cyberspace or draw the ire of fans who know the game and their team. Take it or leave it, I could care less.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Peterson has been hidden on a bad 49ers team for too long.
Very true. For those that haven't seen Peterson play it won't mean much, but he's the real deal. A real difference maker.e
It's been a long time sinc Peterson was a real difference maker. Most peoples exposure to Peterson came 3 years ago in a game against the Chiefs when the announcers slobbered for 3 hours how amazing it was that he blanketed Gonzo the whole game. He had a great season in 2003 but I would hesitate to call it a top 2 linebacker type year. He has not beeen the same since, because of injuries, & I would have cringed if the 49ers had offered him this same contract. As a Superbowl contender with the cap space, I guess it's an ok gamble, on a rebuilding team I just don't think he is worth 10% of the cap this year.One of the negatives on Peterson coming out of college was that he was a little slow with the playbook. It did take him awhile to come around with the 49ers. He didn't play poorly his first 3 years but he certainly wasn't the player he was in his career year. I don't think he's the type of guy that you can plug in & expect immediate results.
:goodposting: He hasn't been a playmaker since 2003. If he can revert to pre-injury form, good deal. Thats a big if right now, however.

As a dynasty owner of JP, I'm not thrilled to see him at SLB for the Hawks.

As a 49er fan, I hope he plays like the JP of old for 14/16 games... ;) He was a good dude while on the 49ers.
In point of fact, before he got injured in the fifth game of the 04/05 season, he was playing at a very high level. Not a playmaker? He was on pace for 88 solos, 10 sacks and 8 FF. This past year (his first season back from injury) he put up fairly modest numbers, playing for an awful team at the OLB position in a 3-4. He was clearly not playing at the level he had been pre-injury, but I think it's a little early to write his obit.
On pace? Tuffy Rhodes was on pace to hit 486 HomeRuns one year.... :P Point is he was an outstanding player. He has been an average player since his return from injury; if he can return to greatness, its a wonderful signing. If not, bad move.

Point is he was an outstanding player. He has been an average player since his return from injury; if he can return to greatness, its a wonderful signing. If not, bad move.
He still is an outstanding player. He played in a 3-4 defense last year, which is not where flourishes and the year before was the season after the injury.If you have seen him play, he is one of the better coverage LBs in the league, if not the best. He has matched up with WRs and can cover them for 30-40yds downfield.

The signing is a great move for the Hawks and maked the front 7 very good. It remains to be seen if the signing is good or great depending on the breakdown of the contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really thrilled with the Peterson signing.  I would have liked to see Arrington instead, if they were intent on landing a LB.  That is just too much money for a LB.

On the other hand, I will be greatly impressed if they can get the Abraham deal sealed.  He will truly improve the defense.

Regarding Hutchinson, I'm not sure that he is worth what the Vikings paid.  He is a Guard, not a Left Tackle.  I just don't see the position being worth that much money.  I guess the Vikings had to do something, with all the talent they have been bleeding.  I just don't know that overspending on a Guard is smart.
Let me be like all the other posters in regards to contract. Lets get all the details before passing judgement. Oh wait we pretty much do and I don't see how this deal hinders MIN with the cap space they have this year. How much does Hutch get for sure and how much does Peterson get for sure?Edit - Are these numbers correct? The guarantee is where everyone seems to want to focus on.

Peterson = $18.5 million worth of guarantees

Hutchinson = $16 million worth of guarantees

Irish,

:hijacked: For the two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl I :boxing: it out with Steeler fans right here. At the Super Bowl I did the same. I don't like Steeler fans, not one iota.

But I will tell you that I have a great deal of respect for the Steeler fans who offer substantial arguments and a great deal of perspective on the game of football.

EG72, Arn City, Godsbrother, The Jerk, Frenchy, Franknbeans, and a few others bring it. I don't agree with them, they annoy me, and they also annoy me. Did I mention that? But they are stand up fans, they are passionate about their team, and they have substance. Why don't you post over there? I noticed you don't. Huh, that's weird.

They also don't jump into threads just to stir up fans of another team for reasons known only to you. So here, in the Hutch thread, and in the Seahawks thread I see your angle. Fine; you live with your own credibility. Strawman arguments void of facts tend to dissolve into cyberspace or draw the ire of fans who know the game and their team. Take it or leave it, I could care less.

:shock: :cry: :hophead:

IIRC the local press said the 49ers could have franchised him for $9 million for the upcoming season, but decided not to. They told him at the end of the last game.

Can a team franchise a guy and then trade him? I thought at the time that the 49ers figured they couldn't get anything for him in a trade at $9 million for the next year, or that they rules wouldn't let them trade him. If the market for him was $10 million guaranteed next year and $8 million after that, it could be the 49ers might have been better off franchising him and trading him for a low pick.

Since the team is rebuilding the move made sense. He showed flashes of brilliance last year, including one play where he ran 40 yards downfield and knocked away a floater of a pass after the CB had stumbled, basically acting like an additional safety. But, he didn't seem to be all over the field like he was before the big injury. I didn't know if it was because of physical limitations or Nolan's defensive schemes.

Irish,

:shock: :cry: :hophead:
Nice use of the GED skills. :thumbup:

AWESOME!!!!

PLease say that Abraham is next!!!
or a CB like Law or Woodson.
:X both VERY over-rated for the money they want!!!
With the way the Seattle FO approaches it, I think you will be surprised at what they sign for. Seattle isn't going to be stupid and overpay.
Right $54 million and 18 gaurenteed ...Seattle wou;d never overpay for anyone.
Although I'm pretty sure we're still somehow taking a cap hit for Bozworth, the front office has since wisened up. Yes, you are correct, that is a large number, but as I understand it, we are eating the bulk of it in a year where it's feasible to do so. I don't see the Seattle front office as one to put all the eggs in one basket and hope for the best in a few years....

it could be the 49ers might have been better off franchising him and trading him for a low pick.
With the contracts that Peterson & Carter signed, the 49ers should be getting a few extra compensatory draft picks in next years draft for losing those players. You have to think that they may add a couple of extra 4th rounders with the $$$ involved in those contracts.

Wow...awesome move for the NFC's best team.
Add Peterson...lose Hutchinson...hmmmm. In that perspective this is maybe not so good. Breaking continuity in a top offensive line with a strong run based offense is usually not a good thing. But I would still currently rank Seattle as the #2 NFC team in 2006 behind Dallas. Six games against San Francisco, St Louis and Arizona give the Hawks a nice jump on homefield versus the rest of the NFC... :football:
Even if they lose 20% of their run based offense (BTW they're 50-50 run/pass) that's still over 1500 yds and over 20 TDs. They'll stick a starting caliber lineman in there so I'd say the dropoff would be a lot less than 20%. This is a guard we're talking about, not Walter Jones. And whoever is in there will be sandwiched between 2 probowlers, with another probowler (Strong) behind them. As for Dallas as #1, that's a good one. Bledsoe and Julius "I hurt all over" Jones over ProBowl starters Hass and Alexander. And an improved D who already started out as tops against the run. You;re right, we better watch out for Dallas.
Time will tell...but I am of the belief that Hutch and top guards in general are a big part of successfull running games in the NFL. In fact Hutch probably more so than all world LT Walter Jones. I believe Jones to be a far better pass blocker, but not quite equal to Hutch in run blocking. Maybe even as important as that is my previously mentioned continuity on the offensive line. At best it will take the new guard a quarter to a half of season to jell with Jones. Which could mean more passing early in the season for the Hawks. We will also see just how good the Center Tobeck really is on the inside without the true All-Pro Hutch man-ning up alongside him...As for Matt "We want the ball and we're gonna win" Hasselbeck, I wouldn't be so quick to rate him above Bledsoe. There is a reason Parcells took Bledsoe with the #1 pick in the draft back in '93. Protect Drew and he's golden...

Dallas was 9-7 last year and have made more improvements this offseason than they have lost from their 9-7 team. Their Head Coach is coming into the money years as far as when his teams produce from his initial takeover. So if you are not one of those "Owens will blow up in Dallas face" guys, I don't see the hating Dallas chances in 2006. Remind me, how did the H2H game last year between Dallas and Seattle go? Last second field goal by Brown won it for Seattle, right? I don't remember your Pro Bowlers Alexander and Hass doing too much in that one...and Dallas will likely have Flozell Adams, Owens, Jones and Fabini the next time they play. Hmmm.... :bye:
The Seahawks won, right? I guess we'll just rest on that and our 6 other probowlers, improved defense and monster offense. As for Bledsoe, sure in 93 he was hot and give him 8 seconds a drop and he's golden. Not gonna happen. Not in this NFL and not against the Seahawks. Once again, who won the last H2H? And wasn't it because of a terrible throw by Mr 1993? Gimme a close game against Drew any day, we'll win it no prob.

Let me be like all the other posters in regards to contract. Lets get all the details before passing judgement. Oh wait we pretty much do and I don't see how this deal hinders MIN with the cap space they have this year. How much does Hutch get for sure and how much does Peterson get for sure?

Edit - Are these numbers correct? The guarantee is where everyone seems to want to focus on.

Not sure why you are comparing two different positions for contracts, its like comparing apples and oranges. You need to compare it to other LBs.

-Witherspoon got 15 million guaranteed money this offseason.

Yes guaranteed money is big part of the contract, but the breakdown for each year is also a big part of it to see what the layout of the contract is.

WLB: Hill

MLB: Tatapu

SLB: Peterson

Not to shabby. If the Hawks land Abraham, you're probably looking at next year's Super Bowl champs.
Where did you get this from? Ourlads has him as the WLB and Hill as the SLB.
Logic is probably where we get it from. Hill weighs in at less that 230 lbs. and is much more suited to the weak-side. Peterson played on the strong-side in college in a 4-3 system @ Michigan State, I believe. Peterson also weighs in a bit heavier at a reported 235.

Not to shabby.  If the Hawks land Abraham, you're probably looking at next year's Super Bowl champs.
Logic is probably where we get it from. Hill weighs in at less that 230 lbs. and is much more suited to the weak-side. Peterson played on the strong-side in college in a 4-3 system @ Michigan State, I believe. Peterson also weighs in a bit heavier at a reported 235.
So 5 pounds in weight and your logic supercedes what Ourlads has put out there? They could be wrong, but considering they do this for a living, I will trust them.

Not to shabby.  If the Hawks land Abraham, you're probably looking at next year's Super Bowl champs.
So 5 pounds in weight and your logic supercedes what Ourlads has put out there? They could be wrong, but considering they do this for a living, I will trust them.
For what it's worth I've never seen Peterson line up as anything other than a ROLB. I've never seen Hill line up as anything other than a LOLB. I fully expect Peterson to lineup right behind Wistrom on the right and Hill to lineup outside of Fisher on the left. How is this even a debate?

WIth regards to Ourlads, I believe they've recently undergone a change at the management level and this has resulted in a standard that is far less accurate than it's been in the past. I used to rely on them first and foremost as my source of depth chart information, but no so much anymore.

Let me be like all the other posters in regards to contract.  Lets get all the details before passing judgement.  Oh wait we pretty much do and I don't see how this deal hinders MIN with the cap space they have this year.  How much does Hutch get for sure and how much does Peterson get for sure?

Edit - Are these numbers correct?  The guarantee is where everyone seems to want to focus on.

Not sure why you are comparing two different positions for contracts, its like comparing apples and oranges. You need to compare it to other LBs.

Yes guaranteed money is big part of the contract, but the breakdown for each year is also a big part of it to see what the layout of the contract is.
After you read the many threads around here again then come back and talk to me. Many have compared these two guys in regards to letting Hutch go and spending the money on Peterson. Everyone talks about the guarantees and then when it is pointed out someone always comes along to say well wait we have to look at each year also. I just simply pointed something out that I have seen others comparing but never had the money side by side.

Let me be like all the other posters in regards to contract. Lets get all the details before passing judgement. Oh wait we pretty much do and I don't see how this deal hinders MIN with the cap space they have this year. How much does Hutch get for sure and how much does Peterson get for sure?

Edit - Are these numbers correct? The guarantee is where everyone seems to want to focus on.

After you read the many threads around here again then come back and talk to me. Many have compared these two guys in regards to letting Hutch go and spending the money on Peterson. Everyone talks about the guarantees and then when it is pointed out someone always comes along to say well wait we have to look at each year also. I just simply pointed something out that I have seen others comparing but never had the money side by side.
Oh you want to compare Hutch and Peterson for the SEAHAWKS....Peterson: $18.5 million Guaranteed

Hutch: $49 million Guaranteed

Hows that comparison for ya?

Not sure why you are comparing the two still...the Hawks could have still signed bothe Hutch and Peterson if so inclined. It wasn't like they had to choose one and not the other. Even after spending 13 million on Hutch, the Hawks would have still had 10 million left to get Peterson.

The Hawks currently have 16 million in cap room AFTER the Peterson signing. He wasn't signed just because Hutch got away, they could have signed him either way.

Add Peterson...lose Hutchinson...hmmmm. In that perspective this is maybe not so good. Breaking continuity in a top offensive line with a strong run based offense is usually not a good thing. But I would still currently rank Seattle as the #2 NFC team in 2006 behind Dallas. Six games against San Francisco, St Louis and Arizona give the Hawks a nice jump on homefield versus the rest of the NFC... :football:
Even if they lose 20% of their run based offense (BTW they're 50-50 run/pass) that's still over 1500 yds and over 20 TDs. They'll stick a starting caliber lineman in there so I'd say the dropoff would be a lot less than 20%. This is a guard we're talking about, not Walter Jones. And whoever is in there will be sandwiched between 2 probowlers, with another probowler (Strong) behind them. As for Dallas as #1, that's a good one. Bledsoe and Julius "I hurt all over" Jones over ProBowl starters Hass and Alexander. And an improved D who already started out as tops against the run. You;re right, we better watch out for Dallas.
Time will tell...but I am of the belief that Hutch and top guards in general are a big part of successfull running games in the NFL. In fact Hutch probably more so than all world LT Walter Jones. I believe Jones to be a far better pass blocker, but not quite equal to Hutch in run blocking. Maybe even as important as that is my previously mentioned continuity on the offensive line. At best it will take the new guard a quarter to a half of season to jell with Jones. Which could mean more passing early in the season for the Hawks. We will also see just how good the Center Tobeck really is on the inside without the true All-Pro Hutch man-ning up alongside him...As for Matt "We want the ball and we're gonna win" Hasselbeck, I wouldn't be so quick to rate him above Bledsoe. There is a reason Parcells took Bledsoe with the #1 pick in the draft back in '93. Protect Drew and he's golden...

Dallas was 9-7 last year and have made more improvements this offseason than they have lost from their 9-7 team. Their Head Coach is coming into the money years as far as when his teams produce from his initial takeover. So if you are not one of those "Owens will blow up in Dallas face" guys, I don't see the hating Dallas chances in 2006. Remind me, how did the H2H game last year between Dallas and Seattle go? Last second field goal by Brown won it for Seattle, right? I don't remember your Pro Bowlers Alexander and Hass doing too much in that one...and Dallas will likely have Flozell Adams, Owens, Jones and Fabini the next time they play. Hmmm.... :bye:
The Seahawks won, right? I guess we'll just rest on that and our 6 other probowlers, improved defense and monster offense. As for Bledsoe, sure in 93 he was hot and give him 8 seconds a drop and he's golden. Not gonna happen. Not in this NFL and not against the Seahawks. Once again, who won the last H2H? And wasn't it because of a terrible throw by Mr 1993? Gimme a close game against Drew any day, we'll win it no prob.
I still don't like the trade off of Hutchinson for Peterson. You already lost WR Jurevicius from the offense and now you lose your best run blocker and a very solid pass blocker...again continuity is the word when it comes to the O-line. Everyone knows Holmgren is an offensive minded coach, I don't see where building up the D while taking away from the O helps this club? So I vehemently disagree with your assessment that the Hawks have a monster O in 2006. We will have to wait and see as to the impact of the losses of Hutch and Jurevicius. One must not forget that offensive ball control also makes a D better in keeping the D off the field. If the loss of Hutch affects the Seahwaks ball control ability, then the defensive pickups they have made with Peterson etc this offseason may not be such a major upgrade to the D. If it's not broke don't fix it, right?

8 seconds a dop??? I haven't seen a QB get 8 seconds a drop since Kenny Stabler played with the Raiders back in the 70's with arguably the best offensive line in league history. Do you honestly believe it will take Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn and Jason Witten 8 seconds to get wide open??? Past history would indicate you are very mislead on those assessments...

:football:
We lost a guard and a #3WR, leaving behind only 5 probowler starters on offense. Picking up Burleson if it goes through easily covers JJ and anyone we put in there either a FA or Womack or SPencer will still be 85% of Hutch. So I don't know how much we really "took away" from the offense. Compared to an immobile QB (who tanked last years game against the HAwks so I don't know why you even borught up that game), depleted defense, fragile RB situation and a primadonna who may or may not finish the season. And the 8 seconds was a little dig on Drew's ability to move in the pocket, which is minimal. I obviously don't expect any QB to get that much time, especially since Jones can't pick up the blitz very well wihtout gettting hurt. Keep dreaming, Hawks stay on top of the list. Even if Hutch's hole reduces the run game by 10% that's still 1600 yards and 25 TDs. Tragedy!

I still don't like the trade off of Hutchinson for Peterson. You already lost WR Jurevicius from the offense and now you lose your best run blocker and a very solid pass blocker...again continuity is the word when it comes to the O-line. Everyone knows Holmgren is an offensive minded coach, I don't see where building up the D while taking away from the O helps this club? So I vehemently disagree with your assessment that the Hawks have a monster O in 2006. We will have to wait and see as to the impact of the losses of Hutch and Jurevicius. One must not forget that offensive ball control also makes a D better in keeping the D off the field. If the loss of Hutch affects the Seahwaks ball control ability, then the defensive pickups they have made with Peterson etc this offseason may not be such a major upgrade to the D. If it's not broke don't fix it, right?

8 seconds a dop??? I haven't seen a QB get 8 seconds a drop since Kenny Stabler played with the Raiders back in the 70's with arguably the best offensive line in league history. Do you honestly believe it will take Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn and Jason Witten 8 seconds to get wide open??? Past history would indicate you are very mislead on those assessments...

You obviously know nothing of the Hawks...please go elsewhere.JJ leaving hurting the offense? Jackson and Engram missed pactically the whole season combined. The Hawks do not need JJ.

Hutch will hurt, but its the GUARD position. The Hawks also have Womack to repalce him and he is probably the best 6th OL in the league.

:lmao: Okay you're right, I know nothing...You're right the Hawks would've been better off not having Jurevicius last year and Womack is probably the 6th best OL in the league (whatever that means)... :lmao:

:bye:
I know you know nothing of the Seahawks. :bye: Never said JJ was not a good addition LAST year, but he was so good because Jackson AND Engram were hurt for an extended period of time. He won't be needed this year because they are healthy and I wish him all the luck in Cleveland.

Womack is the one of the best, if not the best OL coming off the bench for a team. He can play Guard or Tackle and can step in without much transition.

Keep grasping at anything indicating Dallas is better than Seattle...its almost comical.

:lmao:   Okay you're right, I know nothing...You're right the Hawks would've been better off not having Jurevicius last year and Womack is probably the 6th best OL in the league (whatever that means)...  :lmao:

:bye:
I know you know nothing of the Seahawks. :bye: Never said JJ was not a good addition LAST year, but he was so good because Jackson AND Engram were hurt for an extended period of time. He won't be needed this year because they are healthy and I wish him all the luck in Cleveland.

Womack is the one of the best, if not the best OL coming off the bench for a team. He can play Guard or Tackle and can step in without much transition.

Keep grasping at anything indicating Dallas is better than Seattle...its almost comical.
:goodposting: :goodposting: Nothing worse than ignorant cowboy fans (people who hated TO last year) who are now in love with TO and think they have the best team in the league.

That's at least the third poster from another team that has joined a thread concerning a Seattle action with a critical eye. We must be doing something right to draw all of this envy!

:boxing:

My 2 cents.

Dallas= Has Beens

Quit living in the 90's.

And I'm tired of hearing how you almost beat us. Guess what you didn't, and that was 2005. :rant: :bye:

That's at least the third poster from another team that has joined a thread concerning a Seattle action with a critical eye. We must be doing something right to draw all of this envy!

It's no wonder that they are officially now called the Cryhawks. Letting Hutch go for financial reasons maybe a smart move for salary cap, but Cryhawk fans cannot be serious if they think their team will not miss a beat without him on the field. Some of the money well spent on Hutch now goes towards a OLB who may never regain his skills pre-achilles tear. It's an all or nothing type of gamble.

It's no wonder that they are officially now called the Cryhawks. Letting Hutch go for financial reasons maybe a smart move for salary cap, but Cryhawk fans cannot be serious if they think their team will not miss a beat without him on the field. Some of the money well spent on Hutch now goes towards a OLB who may never regain his skills pre-achilles tear. It's an all or nothing type of gamble.
Maybe you are having a hard time comprehending...Peterson wasn't signed because Hutch got away. Peterson could have been signed even if they matched the offer on Hutch.

The Hawks currently have 16 million in cap space, and that including the Peterson signing.

I am sure Peterson's cap value in the first year is because Hutch got away and they had lots of room, but the deal would just have been structured differently if hutch was a Seahawk.

:cry: :rolleyes:

Unfortunately he has been hidden on injured reserve. You can only pay for "potential" for so long before you look back and realize how much you have overpaid for so long.

:goodposting:

Point is he was an outstanding player. He has been an average player since his return from injury; if he can return to greatness, its a wonderful signing. If not, bad move.
He still is an outstanding player. He played in a 3-4 defense last year, which is not where flourishes and the year before was the season after the injury.

If you have seen him play, he is one of the better coverage LBs in the league, if not the best. He has matched up with WRs and can cover them for 30-40yds downfield.

The signing is a great move for the Hawks and maked the front 7 very good. It remains to be seen if the signing is good or great depending on the breakdown of the contract.
You can't be serious. :hophead: Rationalize it any way you want, but if you had actually sat through every game the last few years you would realize how foolish your statement is.

And this signing will be determined by JP's play more than his contract. If he's the guy he was in 2003, great move. If he is the guy from last year, you grossly overpaid.

He still is an outstanding player. He played in a 3-4 defense last year, which is not where flourishes and the year before was the season after the injury.

If you have seen him play, he is one of the better coverage LBs in the league, if not the best. He has matched up with WRs and can cover them for 30-40yds downfield.

You can't be serious. :hophead: Rationalize it any way you want, but if you had actually sat through every game the last few years you would realize how foolish your statement is.

And this signing will be determined by JP's play more than his contract. If he's the guy he was in 2003, great move. If he is the guy from last year, you grossly overpaid.
:goodposting:

How versatile and athletic is Peterson? Last December he became the first NFL player since the 1970 NFL-AFL merger to line up at four positions in one game when played linebacker, defensive end, strong safety and cornerback against Dallas.
LinkCrazy.

Just glad this guy is on our side now...

Seahawks | Contract update: J. PetersonTue, 28 Mar 2006 20:29:37 -0800Seattle Seahawks LB Julian Peterson signed a seven-year contract with base salaries of $1.0 million (2006), $2.0 million (2007), $3.5 million (2008), $6.5 million (2009), $7.5 million (2010), $8.0 million (2011) and $8.5 million (2012).
Where are all those that said the Hawks overpaid? LOL.This is basically a 3 year deal and I have hard time believing that JP will see anything from 2009 and beyond at those numbers. The signing bonus is 11.5 million and pro rated over 6 years (I believe under the new CBA), that works out to $1.9 Million a year.Salary Cap numbers...2006: 2.9 Million2007: 3.9 Million2008: 5.4 Million

Users who are viewing this thread