What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HBO Hard Knocks 2020 - Rams & Chargers (1 Viewer)

I watched it last night, thought it was great and very entertaining, especially seeing all the rigamaroo they have to go through for covid.  Also really liked the open dialogue they had about the current movement going in regards to police brutality/protests, etc.  

Looking forward to next week.
Enjoyed it as well.  Illuminating and felt more personal than other seasons, in part, due to the reasons you noted.  The tension between real life COVID-19 and BLM versus the business of playing football and doing your job was really apparent.  

Loved it. It's already better than last years Raiders series. I went in thinking I wouldn't like it, and I was pleasantly surprised. Its really interesting to see the Covid precautions they have to take and how much goes into it.

Just started it, feeling the football coach energy of using his laptop monitor for the Zoom meeting when he has a bunch of large TV's 2 feet away.

The history of "The League" has been written over many many times. These days it has gone beyond anything it used to be and now looks like it should. It's a total and unforgiving cash grab. Not kinda. Not sorta. It's a full on in your face f'you to any and all fans of what once was. 

Another great episode.

Quick thoughts

Continued stressing how serious the player are taking Covid. Super encouraging. 

I'd forgotten Seth Ryan (Rex's son) worked for Chargers. He seems like a good dude. He tested positive and was shook. Evidently, he's just all Football and does Offensive Quality Control stuff and plays video games. Super studious. There was worry and then it turns out he was false positive. 

Andrew Whitworth is great. He fits a "type" of guy I know that I like a lot. I'd forgotten he was a Louisiana guy but hearing his wife and him talk, makes perfect sense. Good dude for that team and like a coach on the field. But into helping them off the field too. 

Goff seems just what you'd think. I'm not sure still if he knows the sun comes up in the East but he does seem more comfortable. Seems to have a great relationship with McVay.

McVay is just what you think. Seems sincere and clearly hyper smart. Mini Jon Gruden. Clearly a positive force.

Aaron Donald is what you think. Incredible player but also a good dude helping the young guys with technique.

Jalen Ramsey went house shopping and it seemed too stereotypical to be real. Model Real Estate agent and house staged perfectly with all his family pictures already on the wall. Fun picture of what gazillion dollar real estate business looks like.

The highlight for me has been Anthony Lynn. He seems like a guy you'd love to hang out with. Just a geniune quality guy it seems. Insightful interaction with Darius Bradwell here. And then strength coach John Lott is a character. 
https://youtu.be/LYbWcrOEGTo

Last edited by a moderator:
Another great episode.

Quick thoughts

Continued stressing how serious the player are taking Covid. Super encouraging. 

I'd forgotten Seth Ryan (Rex's son) worked for Chargers. He seems like a good dude. He tested positive and was shook. Evidently, he's just all Football and does Offensive Quality Control stuff and plays video games. Super studious. There was worry and then it turns out he was false positive. 

Andrew Whitworth is great. He fits a "type" of guy I know that I like a lot. I'd forgotten he was a Louisiana guy but hearing his wife and him talk, makes perfect sense. Good dude for that team and like a coach on the field. But into helping them off the field too. 

Goff seems just what you'd think. I'm not sure still if he knows the sun comes up in the East but he does seem more comfortable. Seems to have a great relationship with McVay.

McVay is just what you think. Seems sincere and clearly hyper smart. Mini Jon Gruden. Clearly a positive force.

Aaron Donald is what you think. Incredible player but also a good dude helping the young guys with technique.

Jalen Ramsey went house shopping and it seemed too stereotypical to be real. Model Real Estate agent and house staged perfectly with all his family pictures already on the wall. Fun picture of what gazillion dollar real estate business looks like.

The highlight for me has been Anthony Lynn. He seems like a guy you'd love to hang out with. Just a geniune quality guy it seems. Insightful interaction with Darius Bradwell here. And then strength coach John Lott is a character. 
https://youtu.be/LYbWcrOEGTo
Agree with pretty much all of this. Mini Gruden is a hilariously perfect description of McVay. I have always been a Hard Knocks fan, and this year is not disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread