What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Help*Who to Keep Auction Keeper ? (1 Viewer)

Rpez2183

Footballguy
Hi guys I hoping to get some help on who to keep in my auctions keeper league this year. Its a PPR League where everyone can keep up to 2 keepers at a cost thats subtracted from $200 salary. Our roster breakdown goes as followed. QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,TE, FLex (wr,rb,te) D and K. below is my list of potential keepers. 3 seasons ago i was able to grab odell for $1 and he blew up however our keeper cost does go up by the year on a percentage basis 50% 100% and 150% we can only keep for three years then have to go back to pool so with that being said I will be keepr odell this year for $9. Who to keep in addition to odell 

Kelce - $17

Fitz- $17

Eifert - $2

Blount - $2

Charles - $2

Gurley - $40

Thanks guys!

You don't really have any other real values listed. 

Kelce - definitely not a value.  He could be a solid keep but I think I would rather save the money to use elsewhere.

Fitz- again not a good value.  I would think he would be a lot less in the auction as people shy away from his age.

Eifert - This is where I am leaning.  Much better value than Kelce and doesn't hurt you from spending on more critical positions.

Blount - OK but I don't trust he will do what he did last year.  I would pass

Charles - Not worth the risk even at $2

Gurley - Overpriced but may play into the cost.  I would think you could get him for cheaper so I would throw him back.

Based on everything above I would go with Eifert.

Eifert is the easy choice here.  Starting TE with Eifert's upside for $2 is great..... and gives you money to hedge your investment and get say a Jack Doyle for another $2 or $3 and you have the TE position squared away for $4 or $5..  Much better option than Kelce at $17.  Blount is tempting at $2, but I can't imagine that he will go for more than $5 in the auction, so you're not getting much of a discount. None of the others are value plays....in fact Gurley and Fitz should go for less.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think Blount is a pretty easy call here. A starting RB for $2 is am amazing value. Yes PPR isn't the best scoring for Blount, but he's far from worthless. Also, while Philly likely won't provide the TD chances NE did, they have a better o-line, and only had 3 fewer rushing TDs than the Patriots did. 

Eifert isn't a bad value either, but I feel like TE is a lot easier to fill than RB.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think Blount is a pretty easy call here. A starting RB for $2 is am amazing value. Yes PPR isn't the best scoring for Blount, but he's far from worthless. Also, while Philly likely won't provide the TD chances NE did, they have a better o-line, and only had 3 fewer rushing TDs than the Patriots did. 

Eifert isn't a bad value either, but I feel like TE is a lot easier to fill than RB.
Eifert is being drafted before Blount in all my leagues.  This would lead to the conclusion that he would be the better value.

Even before I read the other responses, Eifert stood out from your list to me.  Best value, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread