What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Home Alarm Monitoring Services (1 Viewer)

TripItUp

Footballguy
Long story short, bought a new house...came with 1 year free monitoring service and home security hardware system.  After 1 year they wanted 59.99, which is ridiculous IMHO.

I'm currently shopping for home monitoring services that are cheap, perform basic monitoring.   That's it.

What do you use and how much is it?

Adt for 55 a month. They threw in two ring cameras and a nest thermostat. Seems like a good system (got it a week ago). 

Abode self-monitoring for free. Add in SMS alerts for $8/mo. (introductory offer includes it for $10 for the first year).

SimpliSafe, $25/month for monitoring. But I own the equipment. I purchased door sensors and the motion detector. I have slowly added window sensors over time. 
This

Was using cable for about $30/month until I cut cable and needed an alternative.  Equipment is inexpensive and easy to install/add on if needed.  $25/month, no contract at all.  Full monitoring, full video (the video even has speakers to allow listening/talking via phone).  So far, so good.

ChiefD said:
65 pound yellow lab. About $60 a month in food, shots, and tennis balls.
:hifive: 85lb Catahoula, 75lb Catahoula and 60lb lab mix plus a ring doorbell (will expand to a few more outdoor cameras soon) 100/yr.

ADT is a giant rip-off if you just need monitoring and have a functional system. 

Alarmrelay.com - $8.95/mos for monitoring.  Been using them for years.  One of the few companies I've never had an issue with.  Started with them in 2011 in the same circumstance as you.  Bought a house with a system, needed just monitoring - price was $7.99/mos then, so $1 increase in 8 years.  Always responded to alarms ASAP - great customer service, easy vacation notices or adjustments to the calling order on the account. 

The ONLY drawback is if you need troubleshooting on your system, you have to figure it out on your own or pay them more.  I've needed no trouble-shooting in the time I've had them - and I've saved enough to buy a new system if I ever wanted to vs. what I'd pay with ADT.

ETA - if you decide to go with them, let me know.  I'll send you my user info and we'll both get referral credits.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Wyze cams pointed at all entry points with motion detection.  Whole house is self-monitored for less than $300 total.  

ADT is a giant rip-off if you just need monitoring and have a functional system. 

Alarmrelay.com - $8.95/mos for monitoring.  Been using them for years.  One of the few companies I've never had an issue with.  Started with them in 2011 in the same circumstance as you.  Bought a house with a system, needed just monitoring - price was $7.99/mos then, so $1 increase in 8 years.  Always responded to alarms ASAP - great customer service, easy vacation notices or adjustments to the calling order on the account. 

The ONLY drawback is if you need troubleshooting on your system, you have to figure it out on your own or pay them more.  I've needed no trouble-shooting in the time I've had them - and I've saved enough to buy a new system if I ever wanted to vs. what I'd pay with ADT.

ETA - if you decide to go with them, let me know.  I'll send you my user info and we'll both get referral credits.  
You need a working phone line to use them, correct?

:hifive: 85lb Catahoula, 75lb Catahoula and 60lb lab mix plus a ring doorbell (will expand to a few more outdoor cameras soon) 100/yr.
Side note - I have a Catahoula as well - awesome dog. As I live up north no one up here has ever even heard of one. I believe it's the state dog of Louisiana.

ETA - we have Frontpoint. It has been easy and the monitoring is great. I'm too lazy to go look at the price (though I don't recall it being as expensive as say ADT).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread