What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Homeland (2 Viewers)

Just got turned onto this show... these first two episodes have been awesome.. gonna have to restart my Netflix membership for Season 1

'Beerguzzler said:
The Brody texting in the situation room was just completely absurd IMO, but I can overlook it because well there really is no other way.
I'm also wondering why/how Carrie changed her hair color back so soon after meeting with Fatima or whatever. One scene she's got the light-brown dyed hair then the next she's back to her natural blond.
Pretty sure it was a wig.
Hmmmm
Just watched the scenes from the first episode where Carrie leaves the country. If it's a wig it's a damn good one. I'm 75% that's her real hair.

'Beerguzzler said:
The Brody texting in the situation room was just completely absurd IMO, but I can overlook it because well there really is no other way.
I'm also wondering why/how Carrie changed her hair color back so soon after meeting with Fatima or whatever. One scene she's got the light-brown dyed hair then the next she's back to her natural blond.
Pretty sure it was a wig.
Hmmmm
Just watched the scenes from the first episode where Carrie leaves the country. If it's a wig it's a damn good one. I'm 75% that's her real hair.
:lol:

The only way she's asked back is if her assertion about Brody is validated to Estes. Thats a done deal. And Patinkin is too good, as is his chemistry with Danes, to cut him. The show needs him.

Did you guys not see the preview of the next episode? It seemed like Carrie was walking into the CIA vindicated. I can't see Saul sitting on that video unless he's a mole.

Saul gets nabbed by Nazir seconds before he can send the video and Carrie has to spwnd the reat of the season helping tryng to get him back.

The texting from the joint chiefs room and Carrie running back into the building were ridiculous plot devices.

Did you guys not see the preview of the next episode? It seemed like Carrie was walking into the CIA vindicated. I can't see Saul sitting on that video unless he's a mole.
Doesnt the preview also show them not letting her in. I assumed the vindication was because of her informant, not the video

The one thing I've learned over the years, especially on all these type of shows is the edit of the previews next week in never what actually happens..... well the events you think lead up to a scene generally don't.

The one thing I've learned over the years, especially on all these type of shows is the edit of the previews next week in never what actually happens..... well the events you think lead up to a scene generally don't.
They're always shown out of context for a reason. Can't put any weight into previews at all.

They're always shown out of context for a reason. Can't put any weight into previews at all.
oh i know, that's why i don't even watch them... :)

oh i know, that's why i don't even watch them... :)
Ditto. And it's appreciated in threads like these if nothing in the previews is mentioned. TIA.

The expression on her face after she knee'd that guy in the balls during the premier was a mix of elation, joy, and pure crazy. Great acting imo.

The expression on her face after she knee'd that guy in the balls during the premier was a mix of elation, joy, and pure crazy. Great acting imo.
:goodposting: I thought the same thing- amazing ability to convey so much with just facial expressions.

Saul gets nabbed by Nazir seconds before he can send the video and Carrie has to spwnd the reat of the season helping tryng to get him back.

The texting from the joint chiefs room and Carrie running back into the building were ridiculous plot devices.
So you guys really think Saul actually manages to send the video and bust Brody? No way in hell, IMO. I like the show a lot, but it's chock full o' too many saved the bell moments, ala Galaxy Quest's countdown clock needing to get to almost zero before stopping, instead of when they actually stopped it.eta: I'm convinced Saul will be sitting there wondering about sending the thing, with his finger poised above the "Enter" button, when Nazir's guys storm in and grab him.

Also- how else does Carrie stay involved with things unless the show comes up with another way of dragging her back into the inner circle of the CIA?

Last edited by a moderator:
I still contend that Danes is the weakest part of the show.
What don't you like about her?
I'm not sure if it's the direction or her acting, but I'm with Marvin. Way overwrought. Granted, she's still fine, but all this "she's so great!" and the Emmy? JFC.
She's playing a crazy person... an overwrought crazy person. :shrug: It works for me.
I've dated a bipolar chick. The mania is a bit much, especially considering she's taking her medication.

He doesn't like her quick hair color changes. Come on Marv, you're fishing the hell out of this thread, right?
Not at all.1. That didn't look like a wig at all. I'm just saying.2. I find her acting ham-handed and obvious. And I'm not talking about when her character is off her meds. I'm talking about all the time. I don't buy her as a CIA operative/field officer.

He doesn't like her quick hair color changes. Come on Marv, you're fishing the hell out of this thread, right?
Not at all.1. That didn't look like a wig at all. I'm just saying.

2. I find her acting ham-handed and obvious. And I'm not talking about when her character is off her meds. I'm talking about all the time. I don't buy her as a CIA operative/field officer.
Yep.And her "look" after kneeing the guy...that's not her, that's the writing. She has to convey satisfaction there. There was nothing remarkable about her managing to do that successfully.

Not at all.1. That didn't look like a wig at all. I'm just saying.

2. I find her acting ham-handed and obvious. And I'm not talking about when her character is off her meds. I'm talking about all the time. I don't buy her as a CIA operative/field officer.
I buy that bolded bit. It's a word that gets thrown around a lot in the FFA these days, but yeah- she lacks gravitas for the role. But playing crazy rides a fine line between ham-handed and subtle... IMO, it works and hasn't distracted me. Some of the writing decisions in terms of overall story arc I do find distracting- but I'm still enjoying the show.

Go sell crazy somewhere else.
:shrug:
I think she's great. She did also win an Emmy for the role.
You know who else won an Emmy? Ray Romano...for basically playing himself.
He was nominated 5 times and won one against Kelsey Grammar, matt Leblanc, mathew perry and Bernie Mac. Not exactly strong competition.Clare Diane's was up against Kathy Bates, Glenn Close, Elisabeth moss, Julianne margulies and Michelle Dockery.

He was nominated 5 times and won one against Kelsey Grammar, matt Leblanc, mathew perry and Bernie Mac. Not exactly strong competition.Clare Diane's was up against Kathy Bates, Glenn Close, Elisabeth moss, Julianne margulies and Michelle Dockery.
The point is about the voters, not the nominees. A lot of them don't know even close to all of the material they're voting on.

The point is about the voters, not the nominees. A lot of them don't know even close to all of the material they're voting on.
That's fine, but it still isn't a fair comparison.

:lmao: OK, you win. Clare Diane's is great.

:lmao: OK, you win. Clare Diane's is great.
They sure are.

I'm not sure if it's the direction or her acting, but I'm with Marvin. Way overwrought. Granted, she's still fine, but all this "she's so great!" and the Emmy? JFC.
I agree with Marvin and Apple Jack. Not only overwrought, but overweight. I guess it could be the cinematography, but Danes seems like 30 pounds too heavy for this role, which is just bad acting. Also, why doesn't she have a fake French accent, or maybe Italian? That would lend some real mystery and flavor to her performance, but no, nothing. Not to mention the fact that she can't seem to stay in character consistently: one minute she's acting like a brunette, the next minute she's acting like a blonde. You can't blame that on the script. It's just a shallow, skittish performance.

I agree with Marvin and Apple Jack. Not only overwrought, but overweight. I guess it could be the cinematography, but Danes seems like 30 pounds too heavy for this role, which is just bad acting. Also, why doesn't she have a fake French accent, or maybe Italian? That would lend some real mystery and flavor to her performance, but no, nothing. Not to mention the fact that she can't seem to stay in character consistently: one minute she's acting like a brunette, the next minute she's acting like a blonde. You can't blame that on the script. It's just a shallow, skittish performance.
:lmao:

Well played but she's still wrong for the role.

I just can't get over what a wonderful, ballsy move that was. I can't really imagine a reasonable scenario where Mr. Best Actor in a Drama Series makes it to Season 3. He wasn't supposed to make it to Season 2, so I guess they're going back to plan A.
really? wow - did not know that...

Well played but she's still wrong for the role.
Not that it makes you wrong (even though you are), but the show creators wanted Danes so bad they originally named the character "Claire" hoping it would persuade her to take the role.

I just can't get over what a wonderful, ballsy move that was. I can't really imagine a reasonable scenario where Mr. Best Actor in a Drama Series makes it to Season 3. He wasn't supposed to make it to Season 2, so I guess they're going back to plan A.
really? wow - did not know that...
From that podcast, Gansa said the original idea for the show was to have a new villain/storyline each season. He said he wasn't personally convinced to extend Brody's story until he saw the Carrie/Brody chemistry in the parking lot outside of the support group. Episode 3 or 4, I think.The discussions with Showtime were ongoing and the final decision occurred sometime after that.

I hate the daughter. Always has the same expression on her face... like she just found a pile of dog #### in her bed.

Users who are viewing this thread