What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Homeland (3 Viewers)

Up to date now. Just need some clarification. Princes body guard had hooker killed to steal necklace to sell at laundry place. Now where does Arab prof. come into picture? Does he get the 400k from bodyguard dude? If so why the need to walk into laundry, why can't bodyguard just give him the cash? Not understanding this point
I think it's to create a separation between the prince (and the bald assistant) and the terrorist. Bald guy doesn't want to be seen with the people carrying out the plan, so the dry cleaner acts as a buffer.
That does make sense though that means they are including another outsider into the plan when it was much easier to just have the money dropped off for prof.

If the Professor's cell knows the CIA is on to him, they'd have to know that Carrie is all over Brody, no? Are we looking at two different terrorist cells here or just two different operations being conducted by Abu Nazir at the same time? Seems like the latter.

Thought Carrie would realize the rug she picked up in the garage is being used by Brody for prayer. Future episode perhaps.

Anybody starting to think maybe Brody isnt a terrorist cell? I mean theyre taking a really long time to drop the bomb, which I like but that would be pretty interesting.

Anybody starting to think maybe Brody isnt a terrorist cell? I mean theyre taking a really long time to drop the bomb, which I like but that would be pretty interesting.
Isn't this the main conflict in this show from the pilot through the present? I'm sure there will be multiple twists and side-plots, but I think most of the effort so far in the series has been directed at sending conflicting signals on Brodie.

'biggamer3 said:
'EYLive said:
'biggamer3 said:
Up to date now. Just need some clarification. Princes body guard had hooker killed to steal necklace to sell at laundry place. Now where does Arab prof. come into picture? Does he get the 400k from bodyguard dude? If so why the need to walk into laundry, why can't bodyguard just give him the cash? Not understanding this point
I think it's to create a separation between the prince (and the bald assistant) and the terrorist. Bald guy doesn't want to be seen with the people carrying out the plan, so the dry cleaner acts as a buffer.
That does make sense though that means they are including another outsider into the plan when it was much easier to just have the money dropped off for prof.
The necklace/400k transaction makes me wonder. Bald guy must've suggested, and perhaps encouraged, the prince to buy Lynn the expensive necklace, right? If positioning the couple near the airport is a vital part of the plan, then there must have been a time crunch in getting the cash to buy the house.Also, when the CIA did the background checks on the professor, didn't they notice a sudden deposit of money in his bank account? Unless the funds was sent through the wife... but the CIA would have checked her out as well, right?

'biggamer3 said:
'EYLive said:
'biggamer3 said:
The necklace/400k transaction makes me wonder. Bald guy must've suggested, and perhaps encouraged, the prince to buy Lynn the expensive necklace, right? If positioning the couple near the airport is a vital part of the plan, then there must have been a time crunch in getting the cash to buy the house.Also, when the CIA did the background checks on the professor, didn't they notice a sudden deposit of money in his bank account? Unless the funds was sent through the wife... but the CIA would have checked her out as well, right?
He paid cash. They said that when he bought the house.

'wadegarrett said:
If the Professor's cell knows the CIA is on to him, they'd have to know that Carrie is all over Brody, no? Are we looking at two different terrorist cells here or just two different operations being conducted by Abu Nazir at the same time? Seems like the latter.

Thought Carrie would realize the rug she picked up in the garage is being used by Brody for prayer. Future episode perhaps.
Maybe, but it could be that the cell simply keeps eyes on Faisel and noticed the tail. At this point, it could be anything, I guess. Probably a good shot that someone in the CIA is helping the terrorists. With folks from "24" working on this show, we'd probably be safe to assume that.

'biggamer3 said:
'EYLive said:
'biggamer3 said:
Up to date now. Just need some clarification.

Princes body guard had hooker killed to steal necklace to sell at laundry place. Now where does Arab prof. come into picture? Does he get the 400k from bodyguard dude? If so why the need to walk into laundry, why can't bodyguard just give him the cash? Not understanding this point
We don't know that the CIA even knows about her, which I assume is the goal. That's why I'd guess she's not his wife either.

'biggamer3 said:
'EYLive said:
'biggamer3 said:

Princes body guard had hooker killed to steal necklace to sell at laundry place. Now where does Arab prof. come into picture? Does he get the 400k from bodyguard dude? If so why the need to walk into laundry, why can't bodyguard just give him the cash? Not understanding this point
We don't know that the CIA even knows about her, which I assume is the goal. That's why I'd guess she's not his wife either.
They're definitely a romantic couple since she was calming him down with gentle caresses and kisses. She seems to be the driving force of the pair as well. The call about the tail came pretty late, she barely had time to put out the signal. I dunno the geography, so it's possible that it's just close to the U, but maybe the cell has lookouts in the neighborhood.

'biggamer3 said:
'EYLive said:
'biggamer3 said:
It didn't occur to me that they would walk up with a briefcase full of bills. The CIA would have checked on title docs, deeds, county registar office, all that stuff. But this is moot if it was done through a fake wife.I bought my house with cash, but there was a wire transfer betweent he bank and escrow compnay involved.

'biggamer3 said:
'EYLive said:
'biggamer3 said:

It didn't occur to me that they would walk up with a briefcase full of bills. The CIA would have checked on title docs, deeds, county registar office, all that stuff. But this is moot if it was done through a fake wife.I bought my house with cash, but there was a wire transfer betweent he bank and escrow compnay involved.
How YOU doing? :wub:

'biggamer3 said:
'EYLive said:
'biggamer3 said:
True but I would imagine you could "cashier check" all that money - I don't know - but I agree was probably the old lady

'biggamer3 said:
'EYLive said:
'biggamer3 said:

They're definitely a romantic couple since she was calming him down with gentle caresses and kisses. She seems to be the driving force of the pair as well. The call about the tail came pretty late, she barely had time to put out the signal. I dunno the geography, so it's possible that it's just close to the U, but maybe the cell has lookouts in the neighborhood.
I agree. Just saying I'd doubt she's legally his wife.

I just watched the first four episodes. It feels good to get in on the ground floor of a good show.

I didn't start watching The Wire until after it was over. I just started Breaking Bad a few months ago. (I started in on The Sopranos just after it was over, but I only made it through about one season before losing interest. And I've never seen Mad Men.)

I was in on the ground floor of Modern Family, but comedies are different.

I'm finally cool now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched the first four episodes. It feels good to get in on the ground floor of a good show.

I didn't start watching The Wire until after it was over. I just started Breaking Bad a few months ago. (I started in on The Sopranos just after it was over, but I only made it through about one season before losing interest. And I've never seen Mad Men.)

I was in on the ground floor of Modern Family, but comedies are different.

I'm finally cool now.
Welcome to the club. :thumbup:

Of course this show is awesome now, but after this storyline with whether Brody is a terrorist plays out, where can they take this show season 2?

It will be interesting to see how they drag it out over a few seasons.

Not sure how they'll do it, but with good writing, I'm sure it'll be fine.

I wonder if they'll go with the "let's drag it out forever and never really tell you anything" route that worked so well for LOST. They alienated alot of people in the process, but they executed it well and it was clearly a success.

Hopefully, they'll just shift the focus in an entertaining way. Breaking Bad got better once the elevator pitch became a thing of the past. Prison Break did not (though I thought they had 2 strong seasons).

I think Brody's clearly a terrorist. I think the audience will know for sure at the end of season 1 (when he announces his Senate campaign), with Carrie convincing herself he's not. Carrie will find out in season 2. She'll find out about a US gov't co-conspirator. From there, it'll be a matter of Brody gaining power and Carrie trying to prove he's a terrorist while being marginalized. By the end of season 3, she'll be fired, on the run, institutionalized or all of the above, still trying bust Brody.

Just a guess. Could go all kinds of ways though. I'm sure they'll get her a love interest at some point too (not counting the upcoming fling with Brody).

Oh, then at some point, season 3 or 4, after citizen Carrie finally proves Brody's a terrorist, we'll find out that the US somehow placed him as a mole inside the terrorist group. Maybe he even got captured on purpose.

Brody eventually running for President after spending time in office somewhere else would be a storyline that could be interesting and have people who don't watch the show really talking about it. Obviously that's a few seasons away but that could be a huge and amazing storyline.

The necklace was just a form of money laundering to create seperation between the money in the Prince's account and the money used to fund the plan with the couple living near the airport.

Now, whether the Prince knows his money is funding this plan is unknown right now.

Pollard good stuff I would like the story line where we find out he is up to no good and she thinks he is good

Daines has a pretty nice booty based on the tight fitting pant suites and skirts.

I hope the don't drag the reveal of Brody being a terrorist out too long, I'd like to see it play out for the season finale. Then for season 2, show Carrie try to stop whatever the plot is while trying to link Brody to the terrorists as he runs for office.

Daines has a pretty nice booty based on the tight fitting pant suites and skirts.I hope the don't drag the reveal of Brody being a terrorist out too long, I'd like to see it play out for the season finale. Then for season 2, show Carrie try to stop whatever the plot is while trying to link Brody to the terrorists as he runs for office.
this is the direction they will be going imo. makes sense

she sure seemed to appear charmed by him in the closing scene...I say he hits it :mellow:
Yeah, but like most anything in the show, whether it's real or not is the big question. I'm on the side of her pretending so she can stay close to him and figure out if he's a threat. Now, does he realize that and is he paying her the same way?

she sure seemed to appear charmed by him in the closing scene...I say he hits it :mellow:
Yeah, but like most anything in the show, whether it's real or not is the big question. I'm on the side of her pretending so she can stay close to him and figure out if he's a threat. Now, does he realize that and is he paying her the same way?
Why would he do that knowing what he already knows about her? The only thing would be to try and turn her also, which is crazy. :popcorn:

Why would he do that knowing what he already knows about her? The only thing would be to try and turn her also, which is crazy. :popcorn:
I agree. Being hardened and trained in an Iragi prison for years, I don't see Brody letting a CIA agent get too close. If anything, he'll use her to manipulate future investigations.I'm eager to see more (and longer) flashbacks of Brody being turned in Irag.

I think the show is setting them as analogues to each other that have a deep connection and understanding as fellow "lone wolves" on "holy missions", and the lines of whether they are getting close to each for strategic benefit or finding some rare kinship and intimacy are going to blur for both of them

Friends close, enemies closer. Hed be able to steer her this way and that and try to glean what she knows. Seems like manipulation is the whole theme of the show.

Daines has a pretty nice booty based on the tight fitting pant suites and skirts.I hope the don't drag the reveal of Brody being a terrorist out too long, I'd like to see it play out for the season finale. Then for season 2, show Carrie try to stop whatever the plot is while trying to link Brody to the terrorists as he runs for office.
I think Brody is still deciding if he is a terrorist/will carry out the plot. He may well have a dramatic reversal and end up being a more important asset for the US in WoT than he ever could have by not letting himself be "turned". He may well decide to spill his guts to the US intel and Danes will still not believe him and think THAT is also part of the plot... and it might be, or it might not be...good House of Mirrors "nothing is what it seems to be" theme going on here.It's also pretty clear to me that the "instructions" in this entire thing (like the call to the prof's woman at home, the limo driver killing the girl in the necklace exchange) could be coming from someone inside the US gov't, maybe even someone acting on orders from on high as opposed to a rogue double agent.We could easily be heading to a theme of everyone is a double agent of some sort to the point where they aren't sure what side they are on anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends close, enemies closer. Hed be able to steer her this way and that and try to glean what she knows. Seems like manipulation is the whole theme of the show.
This is true, but I don't think it is that simple for either of them (who are both trying to manipulate each other). I think there is something genuine going on too that will complicate matters for both of them.

This is true, but I don't think it is that simple for either of them (who are both trying to manipulate each other). I think there is something genuine going on too that will complicate matters for both of them.
Possibly, but I don't think there's been any evidence of that yet. She went to the meeting with the sole purpose of keeping tabs on him because her tap warrant ended. And he already knows from his debriefing that she's intensely interested in Abu Nazir so his motive to keeping track of her, now that she "coincidentally" showed up at his meeting, is far, far more dubious than romantic. Sure, could be a mutual fling occurring, but so far the motives for either aren't in that vein

I think Brody is still deciding if he is a terrorist/will carry out the plot. He may well have a dramatic reversal and end up being a more important asset for the US in WoT than he ever could have by not letting himself be "turned". He may well decide to spill his guts to the US intel and Danes will still not believe him and think THAT is also part of the plot... and it might be, or it might not be...

good House of Mirrors "nothing is what it seems to be" theme going on here.

It's also pretty clear to me that the "instructions" in this entire thing (like the call to the prof's woman at home, the limo driver killing the girl in the necklace exchange) could be coming from someone inside the US gov't, maybe even someone acting on orders from on high as opposed to a rogue double agent.

We could easily be heading to a theme of everyone is a double agent of some sort to the point where they aren't sure what side they are on anymore.
I hope they don't hire the writers from Alias.

Possibly, but I don't think there's been any evidence of that yet. She went to the meeting with the sole purpose of keeping tabs on him because her tap warrant ended. And he already knows from his debriefing that she's intensely interested in Abu Nazir so his motive to keeping track of her, now that she "coincidentally" showed up at his meeting, is far, far more dubious than romantic. Sure, could be a mutual fling occurring, but so far the motives for either aren't in that vein
I agree with Siggy. I interpreted it as fairly genuine based on her reactions, like her facial expressions (which he couldn't see bc her back was to him)

Users who are viewing this thread