What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Homlgren confirms Engram & Branch expected back week 5 (1 Viewer)

gbill2004

Footballguy
With this news, is Hasselbeck back to his usual top 10 QB the rest of the season?

Coach Mike Holmgren confirmed in his post-game press conference Sunday that he expects both Bobby Engram (shoulder) and Deion Branch (knee) to rejoin the lineup after the Seahawks' Week 4 bye.Both should be grabbed in fantasy leagues. Branch, who's been practicing, seems certain to immediately enter the starting lineup at flanker. Engram could move right into the slot. Koren Robinson and Sunday's leading receiver, Billy McMullen, are candidates to start at split end. Rookie Michael Bumpus and Samie Parker could be deemed expendable. Source: Tacoma News Tribune

With this news, is Hasselbeck back to his usual top 10 QB the rest of the season?

Coach Mike Holmgren confirmed in his post-game press conference Sunday that he expects both Bobby Engram (shoulder) and Deion Branch (knee) to rejoin the lineup after the Seahawks' Week 4 bye.Both should be grabbed in fantasy leagues. Branch, who's been practicing, seems certain to immediately enter the starting lineup at flanker. Engram could move right into the slot. Koren Robinson and Sunday's leading receiver, Billy McMullen, are candidates to start at split end. Rookie Michael Bumpus and Samie Parker could be deemed expendable. Source: Tacoma News Tribune
I gotta ask. What was the date on that snippet? Parker was released more than a week ago.

Here was the post game interview from today. I bolded everthing that deals with the WRs.

LINK

Mike Holmgren quotes

Posted by Frank Hughes @ 06:21:37 pm

(Opening…) Well, certainly a better feeling this week. I thought the team did a nice job as a team. I thought every facet of the football team had positives to it. Really, that is how we have to play to win. There were some great individual efforts, but I think what was most important to me was that every facet of the team contributed today to the win. They can all feel good about it. We are going into our bye week, as you know. I have handled that a number of different ways over the years, from giving them the whole time off to practicing them pretty hard. We’re going to be somewhere in between. I have a meeting with the players tomorrow, and I will lay out the schedule for them. They will have some time off, though. The fellows that are injured or nicked up a little bit, they must stay in town and get their treatment. That is the main restriction there. I was worried when I saw the schedule that the bye was too early, but it sure came at the right time for us. The timing is a good thing for us because we need that time to get a couple of these guys back, and a couple of the guys that are with us healthy.

(On Hasselbeck’s block…) The players loved it. The sideline, the guys that saw it… But, I would rather he didn’t do it. We can’t win the battle and lose the war. He is the one guy that must stay healthy. I’ve said this before, he is not the most graceful guy in the world. I love him, but he is not the most graceful guy in the world. So, when he thinks he is making this great block, it’s kind of a car crash. But, he did, bless his heart, but I did calm him down when he got over to the sideline, [and told him] please don’t do that anymore. I appreciate it, but don’t do it anymore. He’s kind of a hard head sometimes on things.

[More:]

(On the play of the young receivers…) I said last week, that Billy McMullen, I didn’t even know if he was going to play at all, and he played the whole game, 65 plays last week. It is wonderful, it makes a coach feel good. This is good stuff, when you get guys off the street, who get a chance and give it everything they have. I love that. It is just overwhelming to me sometimes. They all had their moments today. That is good stuff. I can’t tell you what their status is going to be when we get our guys back, when Branch comes back and Engram comes back. But right now, they are giving me everything they have, and as a coach that’s all you can ever ask for.

(On the success of the rushing game today…) We knew we had to play the game a certain way, I thought we did. When you challenge the players that way, and spread it out for them, you get to see what they are made of and who steps up. In the running game, we have worked very hard on improving our running game over last year, as you know. We did some good things. The offensive line, any time you get that many yards, they’re doing something right. (T.J.) Duckett and Julius (Jones) and Leonard Weaver, they all have their roles to play. They did a great job. I was very pleased with that part of it today.

(On the injury to Floyd Womack…) Womack is OK. I apologized to him, he was laying there and I kind of kicked him, I didn’t mean to. I said get up, affectionately of course.

(On Seneca Wallace’s injury…) Seneca could have taken a snap from center and handed the ball off. That would have been about it. He was an emergency quarterback at best, today. He is one of the guys who will benefit from the bye.

(On the play of T.J. Duckett once the Seahawks got the lead…) Yes, to answer to your question. I will admit to the fact that I knew least about T.J. I knew he was going to be a short yardage back for us and a goal line back for us, but in the situation like we had today where we wanted to control the clock a little bit, if we could, and kind of pound it a little bit if we could, he’s a good guy to have. He is a big strong man. He is a different style of runner. I think they complement one another. I think we get (Maurice) Morris back, and we’ll be back to having our guys again.

(On the play of Julius Jones…) I don’t know if you could ask for anything more. He has a knack for spinning and gaining extra yards after the initial hit, which tells you a couple of things. One, he is a courageous guy and a tough guy, and willing to fight for extra yardage, and two, that he has a knack for that. He has got a lot of extra yards after the initial hit in two games. I am very pleased with how he is doing.

(On Koren Robinson not being ready to go…) We worked him out this morning, and I supposed that I could have stuck him in there for a play or two, but we really ran the risk of hurting the leg more, so we didn’t take the risk. Now, hopefully, with the time…he hadn’t played a lot of football. He hadn’t been doing anything football-wise, he had been running and stuff like that. Typically, when guys come in from holdouts, or you get a new guy off the street, this sort of thing happens. I think we did a smart thing. I am very hopeful he will be ready to go for our next ballgame.

(On the advantage of a runner that goes north and south…) I think it is a big thing, I really do. We encourage that. My contribution to Matt in the running game is things like that. North and South, remind them, get going up field. Remind them in the huddle, that’s what I am telling Matt to tell the guys in the huddle. I think that they appear to be that type of runner, and that’s good. Positive yards, we try to go outside a little bit, and lose yards, and then we kind of settle in on what we thought would work, and it worked pretty well for us.

(On going into training camp with one set of receivers, and starting the season with another group…) It’s hard. It’s harder then people might think. I told Hasselbeck in the locker room after the game that he is used to playing the game differently. He certainly did it last year, and he has been doing it most of his career. I am used to calling the game a little differently. The coach always has to do what he thinks will work, but the players, if you’re a receiver, you want to catch the ball, if you’re a runner you want to run it, if you’re a quarterback you want to throw it. We have to play the game differently. I think his leadership since all of these things have taken place is wonderful. He has never been a better leader than he is right now. I told him that I appreciate that, and he says it’s all good. Except for the block.

(On what was happening in the third quarter…) They were all fired up in there. You never know for sure. That is one of those times where you will rarely get a straight answer from your own players. What’s going on? They might tell you something that might never have been. He was getting feisty with one of the Rams players. That was a typical football deal right there.

(On Josh Brown’s return…) I said hello to him before the game, shook his hand and wished him well. He’s a good guy. He was great for us when he was here.

(On things the Rams coaching staff had said regarding having to win…) Scott Linehan is a good guy. He is one of the legitimate good guys, and a good football coach, in a tough spot right now. You have to do what you have to do. I’ve been at this so long, when someone says something, I can understand the motivation perhaps, and it doesn’t bother me too much. I did mention it, to the team.

(On playing with so many free agents…) I can’t remember right now. It’s rare. These guys have a better chance, now because so many guys have been hurt. If there is a couple of guys, and they come back, then maybe for two or three games or whatever. I don’t know how that thing is going to sort itself out. All I know is that they are playing as hard as they can play, and I love them for it.

(On any other injuries…) No, we came out of this pretty good. Chop (Floyd Womack) will be the one, and like I said I think he is okay.

(On the defensive effort today…) I thought it was great. I thought the one drive they got at the beginning of the second half, was the only part of the game where our defense kind of dominated. I don’t know how many balls Holt caught today, but he is really good. He has played a long time, but he is really good. Steven Jackson is a big, strong, good back. And I have all the respect in the world for Bulger. Our defense did a good job. They did.
I seem to recall that quote from the OP and believe it was from awhile ago. I don't think its any guarantee that either play will be ready for certain in week 5.

I gotta ask. What was the date on that snippet? Parker was released more than a week ago.
The quote was from after tonights game. Rotoworld must have made a mistake re. Samie Parker.

I have my doubts. I just finished reading all the Tacoma News Tribune material that's posted and didn't find anything resembling these remarks.The quote was from after tonights game. Rotoworld must have made a mistake re. Samie Parker.
Are you telling us that they are second hand from Rotoworld?

I have my doubts. I just finished reading all the Tacoma News Tribune material that's posted and didn't find anything resembling these remarks.The quote was from after tonights game. Rotoworld must have made a mistake re. Samie Parker.
Are you telling us that they are second hand from Rotoworld?
Why did you think I was using the quote function?? :mellow:

Why did you think I was using the quote function?? :mellow:
Save the attitude. Its counter productive and avoids the point of making the post in the first place.I'm thinking that that quote didn't come from today's post game. Further, I think it was from last week. It rings a bell, like I've read it before. Lastly, Holmgren has been careful not to make guarantees the return of Engram and Branch. He's been honest in saying he is hopeful.I'm watching his Sunday night show right now on TV. If he comments on Engram and Branch I'll post it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enforcer said:
gbill2004 said:
Why did you think I was using the quote function?? :no:
Save the attitude. Its counter productive and avoids the point of making the post in the first place.I'm thinking that that quote didn't come from today's post game. Further, I think it was from last week. It rings a bell, like I've read it before. Lastly, Holmgren has been careful not to make guarantees the return of Engram and Branch. He's been honest in saying he is hopeful.I'm watching his Sunday night show right now on TV. If he comments on Engram and Branch I'll post it here.
Save the attitude. Check Rotoworld's website - the quote came after tonights post game conference.

Enforcer said:
gbill2004 said:
Save the attitude. Its counter productive and avoids the point of making the post in the first place.I'm thinking that that quote didn't come from today's post game. Further, I think it was from last week. It rings a bell, like I've read it before. Lastly, Holmgren has been careful not to make guarantees the return of Engram and Branch. He's been honest in saying he is hopeful.

I'm watching his Sunday night show right now on TV. If he comments on Engram and Branch I'll post it here.
What from this quote makes you think it was from last week? (ie: before the bolded things happened)
Both should be grabbed in fantasy leagues. Branch, who's been practicing, seems certain to immediately enter the starting lineup at flanker. Engram could move right into the slot. Koren Robinson and Sunday's leading receiver, Billy McMullen, are candidates to start at split end. Rookie Michael Bumpus and Samie Parker could be deemed expendable.

Source: Tacoma News Tribune
Looks like they just bloopered on Parker. Probably meant Taylor.

Enforcer said:
gbill2004 said:
Save the attitude. Check Rotoworld's website - the quote came after tonights post game conference.
No sweat. You and I have a different standard for what passes as professional journalism. Believe what you will. Your original quote above isn't a direct quote from Holmgren. Its an interpretation from some writer. That turned into second, and then third hand information.I've got my fingers crossed that both Engram and Branch will be back and 100% after the break, but I won't be surprised if one (or both of them) aren't quite ready to go.

What from this quote makes you think it was from last week? (ie: before the bolded things happened)
The TNT guys are pretty good about getting interviews up quickly on the blog, especially on game day. It's just not there. If someone from Rotoworld was using the TNT as a source, I can't imagine where else they would dig up the material if not the blog. Does that make sense?I'm fairly certain you read the TNT blog daily too. Do recall reading a similar quote about the expected return of Engram and Branch?

The TNT guys are pretty good about getting interviews up quickly on the blog, especially on game day. It's just not there. If someone from Rotoworld was using the TNT as a source, I can't imagine where else they would dig up the material if not the blog. Does that make sense?I'm fairly certain you read the TNT blog daily too. Do recall reading a similar quote about the expected return of Engram and Branch?
Not one that mentioned events that happened today.Not a dig on you buit it's funny that you say you have a different standard for pro journalism but then bring up the TNT blog which is just very far from pro journalism with way too much writer speculation.

Not one that mentioned events that happened today.Not a dig on you buit it's funny that you say you have a different standard for pro journalism but then bring up the TNT blog which is just very far from pro journalism with way too much writer speculation.
I agree that Hughes speculates too much, but the standard should be first hand quotes, not snippets that interject portions of what was said along with interpretations and writer selected words. As far as I know its the best source for timely first hand quotes and interviews from Seahawk personnel.I think its the writer selected words in the original post that bothers me. Did Holmgren use the word "expect", or was it an interpretation. The first hand quote should be the standard.Do you have another site you use for Seattle quotes and interviews?

Has it occured to anyone that Holmgren could have said Branch and Engram will be back a week ago, AND confirmed it AGAIN after todays game?

Has it occured to anyone that Holmgren could have said Branch and Engram will be back a week ago, AND confirmed it AGAIN after todays game?
Possibly. He may have said it verbatim, but for the moment we just don't know. Its not really news that the hope was to have Engram and Branch back after the bye. We've been reading that over and over. Is it the reality? Is it an "expectation"? Is it still just a hope? Is it a lock? Again, for the moment we just don't know.

gbill2004 said:

Coach Mike Holmgren confirmed in his post-game press conference Sunday that he expects both Bobby Engram (shoulder) and Deion Branch (knee) to rejoin the lineup after the Seahawks' Week 4 bye.

Both should be grabbed in fantasy leagues. Branch, who's been practicing, seems certain to immediately enter the starting lineup at flanker. Engram could move right into the slot. Koren Robinson and Sunday's leading receiver, Billy McMullen, are candidates to start at split end. Rookie Michael Bumpus and Samie Parker could be deemed expendable.

The bolded part is Rotoworld's opinion, and they have been pretty brutal this year as far as mistakes and irresponsibility are concerned. Too many people are posting there take on things as gospel and it is very misleading considering their lack of accuracy.The best thing you (and everyone else) can do is go to the link at the bottom of these blurbs and quote directly from there. Post the link and quote from the original source. That is much better for accuracy.

The bolded part above (Rotoworld's opinion of the story) is the problem, and frankly, in my opinion, it should not even be posted. There have simply been too many really bad comments by them and it misleads people who read it.

gbill2004 said:

Coach Mike Holmgren confirmed in his post-game press conference Sunday that he expects both Bobby Engram (shoulder) and Deion Branch (knee) to rejoin the lineup after the Seahawks' Week 4 bye.

The bolded part is Rotoworld's opinion, and they have been pretty brutal this year as far as mistakes and irresponsibility are concerned. Too many people are posting there take on things as gospel and it is very misleading considering their lack of accuracy.The best thing you (and everyone else) can do is go to the link at the bottom of these blurbs and quote directly from there. Post the link and quote from the original source. That is much better for accuracy.

The bolded part above (Rotoworld's opinion of the story) is the problem, and frankly, in my opinion, it should not even be posted. There have simply been too many really bad comments by them and it misleads people who read it.
I will add that Rotoworld's take on things is pretty meaningless to me. I think the overall opinion's of the forums here are a whole lot better than what Rotoworld has to say.

gbill2004 said:

:mellow: Thank you, sir. This was my concern with the report. I've been following the story closely for several reasons (I'm a fan and I'm invested in both players) looking for any hint that they will be ready to go in week 5. There have been lots of hints of hope, but never anything this direct with a specific expectation. That's why I doubted the authenticity of the story when I couldn't find an original quote.

Here's my guess for what the team would like to do in week 5 depending on injury status.

Flanker: Branch

Slot: Engram

Split End: McMullen or Robinson

I've got concerns about Robinson's knee holding up, and McMullen played very well yesterday under the circumstances. He led the team with 9 targets and came up with their biggest pass play down the left sideline.

If Branch can't go full speed yet (and I still think its a 50/50 proposition) my guess is they will stick Colbert in that position.

If Engram can't go full speed yet (no clue with this one) my guess is they will stick Bumpus in that position.

I think Engram can help a lot of FF teams down the stretch. Just a friendly reminder that he caught 94 balls last year. Hasselbeck loves him some Engram.

I think Engram can help a lot of FF teams down the stretch. Just a friendly reminder that he caught 94 balls last year. Hasselbeck loves him some Engram.
I agree that Hasselbeck leaned on Engram last year, but I think it was primarily due to the Branch and Hackett injuries. If Branch is 100% (yeah, well, we in the northwest can dream) than he plays the flanker position. Traditionally, the flanker has been the highest targeted position in this offense. We saw it with Darrell Jackson for years, and with Engram last year when he slid into that spot. Holmgren has been consistent in trying to keep players in specific roles. Last year (and this year to a degree) have been aberrations because of injuries.Moral of this overly wordy post: I think Branch leads the team in targets if he's healthy.

Their next game is in two weeks-

Branch has been practicing so it's not a stretch to figure he's back then

Searching all I find are tentative thoughts/hopes that Engram will return in week 5. If I had to guess I'd say he's a part time player in week 5.

I agree that Hasselbeck leaned on Engram last year, but I think it was primarily due to the Branch and Hackett injuries. If Branch is 100% (yeah, well, we in the northwest can dream) than he plays the flanker position. Traditionally, the flanker has been the highest targeted position in this offense. We saw it with Darrell Jackson for years, and with Engram last year when he slid into that spot. Holmgren has been consistent in trying to keep players in specific roles. Last year (and this year to a degree) have been aberrations because of injuries.Moral of this overly wordy post: I think Branch leads the team in targets if he's healthy.
Good input. Thanks for the perspective from this. I had been under the impression that Engram would move back to the flanker and Branch would be at split end. People here keep preaching Engram in PPR, but if the above holds true, then it might be Branch who is the value in a PPR.

gbill2004 said:

:lmao: Thank you, sir. This was my concern with the report. I've been following the story closely for several reasons (I'm a fan and I'm invested in both players) looking for any hint that they will be ready to go in week 5. There have been lots of hints of hope, but never anything this direct with a specific expectation. That's why I doubted the authenticity of the story when I couldn't find an original quote.
You missed Anthony's keypoint. Both of you can argue with quotes from articles to show accuracy.IE this site says he's back, that site says he's not

That is more useful than just saying "you're wrong" and chest thumping. If you consider what information you offerred to this thread.....

That's a big question there.. He just hasn't been able to stay healthy.. I think Engram will be the better WR down the stretch this year.. IMO

gbill2004 said:

:blackdot: Thank you, sir. This was my concern with the report. I've been following the story closely for several reasons (I'm a fan and I'm invested in both players) looking for any hint that they will be ready to go in week 5. There have been lots of hints of hope, but never anything this direct with a specific expectation. That's why I doubted the authenticity of the story when I couldn't find an original quote.
You missed Anthony's keypoint. Both of you can argue with quotes from articles to show accuracy.IE this site says he's back, that site says he's not

That is more useful than just saying "you're wrong" and chest thumping. If you consider what information you offerred to this thread.....
I disagree, but understand why you might think this.Rotoworld (just like FBG) has people scanning the web for articles. Its not like Rotoworld has anyone actually at the Seattle post game interviews. They are getting their information the same way you and I do. Using the web and surfing local newspapers articles and blogs.

Here's the direct link and quote from Rotoworld.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernew...ter_position=WR

At that link they give the source for their report including a link, as they should. That's just responsible journalism. However, in this case they took it a bit far.

Read This from Rotoworld:

And then read this from the source at TNT:
(On the play of the young receivers…) I said last week, that Billy McMullen, I didn’t even know if he was going to play at all, and he played the whole game, 65 plays last week. It is wonderful, it makes a coach feel good. This is good stuff, when you get guys off the street, who get a chance and give it everything they have. I love that. It is just overwhelming to me sometimes. They all had their moments today. That is good stuff. I can’t tell you what their status is going to be when we get our guys back, when Branch comes back and Engram comes back. But right now, they are giving me everything they have, and as a coach that’s all you can ever ask for.
What Rotoworld is doing is wrong in this case. They're human. I get that, but it caused a board member to take what they did and pass it off as gospel. That's not right.

In redraft leagues, I think Engram is the guy to have. Dynasty/keeper is much more Branch, as Engram is likely to hit the wall sooner rather than later.

I think I beat this misrepresented quote to just beyond death, but I should add this final thought.

When I read stuff from sources like Rotoworld, FBG, or KFFL, I realize they are out savaging the web just like you or I can do. That said, I put a lot more emphasis on what I read when I get it from people that do nothing else but follow their team. Guys like Doctor Detroit or madsweeney are much more reliable sources if you're looking for Seahawks information. They follow the team closely and read multiple blogs. I think the same is true for all the different teams. I know to pay attention to Raider Nation if I want to know what's going on in Oakland. That's not a slam on Rotoworld, FBG, or KFFL, its just a fact that their guys surfing all over the web trying to cover all 32 NFL teams are going to be spread too thin. Same is true for the bloggers here at FBG. There's no way they can have their finger on the pulse of all 32 teams like the local homers can.

What Rotoworld is doing is wrong in this case. They're human. I get that, but it caused a board member to take what they did and pass it off as gospel. That's not right.
I'm not coming across clearly here, regardless you replied with facts and links. That's great and super useful to us viewing the thread. That's what I wanted and thank you for that. It makes for great debates when people post links and facts as rebuttals instead of the chest thumping that can go on around here.

From the Tacoma News Tribune today:

LINK

Mike Holmgren's Monday news conference

Posted by Frank Hughes @ 03:17:46 pm

The Seahawks players will hold their own practices on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings, while the coaches will have most of the week off. The players will then get the weekend off before coming back to work next week. Mike Holmgren said he would have asked the players to stay in shape during the week anyway, but they chose to practice in part because they are not quite where they want to be record-wise.

When they do come back, Holmgren said he expects to have back Sean Locklear, Deion Branch, Bobby Engram, Mo Morris, Seneca Wallace and Koren Robinson.

Of Branch, he said it is kind of like check's in the mail; he is being told he will be back, but until he sees it he will be skeptical. He talked about the only thing that will get Branch comfortable with getting hit is getting hit. There is no substitute.
The bolded part above is more of what I've been hearing, especially with regard to Branch. He's expected to be back, but seeing him in full action is believing for Holmgren.

Can we expect similar PPG numbers as 2007 out of one or both of them going forward? Are they WR3 material in a 10-team league?

If you're deciding between Branch or Engram, I don't think it's possible to understate the importance of their respective injuries. Branch's injury is far more impactful than Engram's because it involves cutting and running. Engram's shoulder injury shouldn't affect his ability to catch the football because it's an injury that heals on its own rather quickly and shouldn't hinder his range of movement (assuming he's done his rehab exercises).

From KFFL:

Seahawks | Taylor sliding down depth chartTue, 23 Sep 2008 08:32:56 -0700Frank Hughes, of The Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks WR Courtney Taylor has been demoted. Head coach Mike Holmgren planned to spell both the flanker and split end with Taylor in Week 3, but because wide receivers Keary Colbert and Billy McMullen were playing well, Taylor wasn't used often.
KFFL also said that Branch likely would not start Week 5.

Can someone please comment on the other part of this topic? How does everyone think Hasselbeck's production will be?

I have Hass in one of my leagues and my other QB is Kitna, so I really need Hass to step up.

Can someone please comment on the other part of this topic? How does everyone think Hasselbeck's production will be?
I don't expect much from Branch until midseason, but Engram's return will help Hasselbeck immediately. Plus, just having the new WRs for 2 straight weeks of practice will help quite a bit. Seattle has some tough games on the schedule but I'd love to have Hasselbeck for the upcoming games against Arizona, St. Louis, and the Jets.

This, for the record, is clearly speculation from one poster's point of view, not professional journalism based on quotes, which should be the standard

(KFFL) Scott M. Johnson, of The Everett Herald, reports Seattle Seahawks WR Koren Robinson (knee) missed the team's Week 3 game, but he is expected back for Week 4.
I was amused by this. Week 4 is the bye.

This, for the record, is clearly speculation from one poster's point of view, not professional journalism based on quotes, which should be the standard
Why are you taking a dig at me? I was specific in mentioning this is what "I think...". I know this team very well. I follow them closely. Do you have a problem with me trying to share the most clear, concise, and accurate information about the Seattle receivers? Don't be subtle. If you have something to say, just say it.

Has Engram practiced at all? I keep reading reports he will "be back" Week 5, but what is his game shape? I know Branch has been out running, etc, but I haven't heard of Engram doing anything. Its one thing to be back in Week 5, but that could mean 5 snaps, not 100%

Has Engram practiced at all? I keep reading reports he will "be back" Week 5, but what is his game shape? I know Branch has been out running, etc, but I haven't heard of Engram doing anything. Its one thing to be back in Week 5, but that could mean 5 snaps, not 100%
I'd be surprised if Engram weren't practicing, or at least running drills. He has an upper body injury, so he should be able to get out on the field and practice his routes. Fwiw I found this blurb this morning:

Holmgren also must determine exactly how healthy Branch is after recovering from surgery to repair his anterior cruciate ligament. Engram is likely to step in immediately as a starter, but Branch could be more limited.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/seaha...ory/489639.html

Hmm, someone just dropped Engram in my ppr league. I'm thinking I should scoop him up if he's about ready to get back in the lineup.

The consensus in this thread seems to be (for the most part) that Engram is the PPR pickup due mainly to his injury being less severe, so is the insinuation that Branch is the non-PPR pickup? I don't get the reasoning seeing as it's based on injury. Maybe I'm just being r3tarded? :no:

What are the pools thoughts on Non PPR value?

it's r3tarded that r3tarded is a hashed out word!

The consensus in this thread seems to be (for the most part) that Engram is the PPR pickup due mainly to his injury being less severe, so is the insinuation that Branch is the non-PPR pickup? I don't get the reasoning seeing as it's based on injury. Maybe I'm just being r3tarded? :hophead:

It's a hashed out word for a reason.

The consensus in this thread seems to be (for the most part) that Engram is the PPR pickup due mainly to his injury being less severe, so is the insinuation that Branch is the non-PPR pickup? I don't get the reasoning seeing as it's based on injury. Maybe I'm just being r3tarded? :D

It's a hashed out word for a reason.
Yeah, yeah, thx for the post. Any actual thoughts on the SEA WR situation? Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread