What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Honest Assessment of IDPs (1 Viewer)

Mr. Know-It-All

Footballguy
This year I focused more on the offensive side of the ball and then tried to use my knowledge of IDPs to find value later in the draft. In years past I have loaded up on defensive studs and my WR corps has suffered. So this year I took three IDPs in the first 7 rounds, then didn't pick any more up until I had my offense set. (you have to take 1 player at qb, rb, wr, k, dl, lb, and db in the first 7 rounds and then in rounds 8-24 you can take any player at any position).We start 1 qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1k, 2dl, 2lb, 2db and 1 flex defensive player. IDP gives 1 pt UT, 2 pts (sack, int, safety), 6 pts td, 1/2 pt per assisted tackle for DL only.I am not looking for atta boys, but general comments on the players I drafted. I like my defense, but am trying to make sure I have not overvalued players.DL - Charles Grant (took him as a mandatory pick in round 5), John Abraham (dissatisfied, but could be a monster), Aaron Kampman (kind of a reach but needed bye week coverage)LB - Ray Lewis (took him as a mandatory pick in round 2), Nick Barnett (decent, but I didn't like him last year - was best available at the time I grabbed him), Odell Thurman (rookie - potential to be great or bust), Courtney Watson (injury prone - another risk reward pick), and for the king of high risk....Dan Morgan (why did I draft this guy, he gives me a headache).DB - Ed Reed (took him as a mandatory pick in round 4...should have grabbed Boulware, but I thought he would slip into the free for all rounds...i was wrong), Gibril Wilson (is he back from neck injury? high risk/reward), Sean Jones (see a pattern here? high risk reward), Darren Sharper (i may be an idiot...took him over Kenoy Kennedy...but he was the best left on the board and I needed bye week coverage).So in retrospect, I think the defense is good not great...I did get a much better offense than in years past but I wound up with a lot of players in the high risk reward category on defense. My depth at LB and DB hinges on some injury risks and how well Reed adjusts to the new defense and how well Wilson adjust to FS.This is a 12 team redraft league, so I might be okay...but this squad makes me nervous due to the numer of high risk players.Thoughts?

Gibril Wilson (is he back from neck injury? high risk/reward),
He is back, however he was moved to free safety with Shaun Williams returning at strong safety. I can see Coughlin playing around with this mix as Wilson just burns up the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is back, however he was moved to free safety with Shaun Williams returning at strong safety. I can see Coughlin playing around with this mix as Wilson just burns up the field.
Gibril has started every pre season game at SS with Brent Alexander mannng the FS spot, and Wilson has looked good. Williams is currently a backup.

Gibril has started every pre season game at SS with Brent Alexander mannng the FS spot, and Wilson has looked good. Williams is currently a backup.
Okay, that makes me feel a little better about Gibril. I grabbed himn after week 3 last year and thought he had plenty of potential...he then got hurt, but I was still high on his potential heading into this year.

Users who are viewing this thread