What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HOU: PFF Mock Sim (1 Viewer)

BoltBacker

Footballguy
Here is the site: https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator?ref=2d222ef8-c92a-43da-b007-e56e27de9440

Here are the rules I draft by:

- Has to be 7 rounds, it's the point of the exercise to see what talent is available later.

- Under "Advanced Settings" you need to unclick "Use Defaults" and change all the settings to 50/50 all the way down to add more randomness than simply seeing/predicting who lands where.

- NO TRADES, unrealistic but it helps to compare our drafts.

3 - Kayvon Thibodeaux(EDGE)Oregon - It's tough to pass the possible ceiling of this guy.

13 - Tyler Linderbaum(C)Iowa - They have a chance to rebuild most of the line in this draft and this guy would make a good anchor to start the rebuild.

37 - Kenyon Green(G)Texas A&M - It's surprising how often I see this guy slip out of the 1st round.

69 - Matt Corral(QB)Mississippi - Went into this with the idea Strong might still be there at #80, but Corral dropping this far is worth the risk. Not convinced either beats out Mills but they could.

80 - Ed Ingram(G)LSU - QB already taken so work on the OL continues to help both the young QB's and running game.

107 - Jeremy Ruckert(TE) - HOU hasn't had a solid starter here for quite awhile. I like the late TE's but they are very boom/bust and HOU can't afford a bust with so many holes across the roster.

108 - Channing Tindall(LB) - Rock solid guy that doesn't have the sky high upside but should develop into a defensive leader. 

170 - Sterling Weatherford(S)Miami OH - Hard hitting S that should be a special teams ace as well.

205 - Jerome Ford(RB)Cincinnati - Big back that pairs well with Mack. He won't make defenders miss, but he also won't leave yards on the field. Should benefit from the new interior OL running lanes.

207 - Cordell Volson(OT)N.Dakota St. - Developmental swing OT for depth.

Worst grade PFF gave me was Ed Ingram with a D- but I like his run blocking for Mack and according to this mock Ford.

3. CB Derek Stingley LSU=Shutdown CB is a perfect fit for a Lovie defense.

13. DE George Karlaftis Purdue=Maybe not as explosive as the DE's available at #3, but has a higher floor in my opinion. 

37. DB Jalen Pitre Baylor=Versatile defender who can be a S or a slot CB starter. Some Tyrann Mathieu to his game.

68. LB Brian Asomoah Oklahoma=Pretty much my universal 3rd rounder. 

80. OL Jameree Salyer Georgia=Played all 5 spots at Georgia. Powerful run blocker.

107. OT Kellen Diesch Arizona St=Has a lot of upside but needs a year to bulk up. Also is 24. Good depth at worst though.

108. WR Kyle Phillips UCLA=Classic Slot WR, not much top speed, but super quick. Seems like a NE type, which likely makes him a Houston type.

170. RB Kyren Williams Notre Dame=Had a rough combine, but this is still quite a fall for him. Feel like he's a 3rd down RB, and might be better than Mack/Burkhead.

205. DT Curtis Brooks=Undersized gap shooter, at least a decent rotational guy for Houston.

207. QB Brock Purdy=Never hurts to take a flier on a QB late, with how expensive backup QBs with experience are. 

I'm a Texans fan, so this one was fun for me to run through a few times. My favorite combination always seemed to start OT/WR at the top as it fell most naturally from there. This is my most recent one and I'd be thrilled if we landed here:

3. Ikem Ekwonu (OT, NCST)
13. Drake London (WR, USC)
37. Jermaine Johnson (DE, FSU)
68. Chad Muma (LB, WYO)
80. Brian Asamoah (LB, OU)
107. Kellen Diesch (OT, ASU)
108. Alec Pierce (WR, CIN)
170. Brian Robinson (RB, ALA)
205. Joshua Williams (CB, FAY)
207. Sterling Weatherford (S, MYL)

I saw Purdy at the end there too and maybe should have picked him up. You can see my mental model leads offensively but that worries me about who our coach is vs. how this draft plays out. We need help everywhere, so I hope they see the depth of some of the offensive talent and not shy away from it. This is a multi-year problem and we need to lean into what the draft gives us.

68. Chad Muma (LB, WYO)

170. Brian Robinson (RB, ALA)

207. Sterling Weatherford (S, MYL)
I think London makes a lot of sense playing across from Cooks. IMO you can never go wrong building the OL for whoever ends up being your QB. 

The three guys I quoted end up on a lot of the teams I mock.

BoltBacker said:
I think London makes a lot of sense playing across from Cooks. IMO you can never go wrong building the OL for whoever ends up being your QB. 

The three guys I quoted end up on a lot of the teams I mock.
I also had a lot of mocks where Jameson Williams fell and I’d do that in a heartbeat but think it’s unrealistic practically. I really hope they target one of the top 3 WRs at 13 in this order if available : Williams, London, Wilson. I really think this is the draft the Texans need to use a high pick to try to finally replace Hopkins. 

Users who are viewing this thread