What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

House Judiciary Committee Hearing - Matt Whitaker (1 Viewer)

Laugh and belittle, just don’t say you didn’t see it coming.
I do laugh at you thinking that Rasmussen rating has anything to do with what was being discussed.

Hell...even the Virginia thing you bring up is showing how the Democrats differ now as those guys are getting blasted by members of their party and the left leaning posters here.  

That's just it. People didn't see Trump coming in 2016. By 2020 the Mueller report will be out. It might not show collusion, but hard to believe Trump won't come off look shady with his business dealings.  

I won’t speak for him, but I think you need to wake up fast here if this is your take.  The left in this country is having their worst week since Hillary lost.  You have a complete clown show of three Democrats refusing to resign from the highest offices of gov in Virginia, a 29yr old congresswoman who wants to remodel every building in the US, ban cow farts, give everybody free everything and shut down air travel in the next 10 years actually being taken seriously.  And you have President Trump bouncing back to 50% (1pt higher than Obama at this point) despite getting 93% negative news coverage every day.  
Meh, it was the outlier Rasmussen.  :coffee:

That's just it. People didn't see Trump coming in 2016. By 2020 the Mueller report will be out. It might not show collusion, but hard to believe Trump won't come off look shady with his business dealings.  
If the Mueller report drags on for almost 4 years the Democrats better hope there is something ridiculously explosive in there.  

Citing Rasmussen poll :lmao:

Amd I need to wake up?

But at least you got a “Hillary” in there.
I saw it coming months ago:

Is this where I post his approval rating of 50% ?
LOL the Rasmussen schtick is so desperate. He'll be back down to 49% tomorrow and the Trumper heads will find another hole to pop out of.
[scooter] said:
NFL2DF said:
Last I checked Trump's approval keeps going up and up and up.
LOL You Trump guys crack me up. When Trump's approval goes up two days in a row, you rush to Footballguys to crow about it. "IT KEEPS GOING UP AND UP!!!" you yell at the clouds.

Then his approval rating drops down again and you guys crawl under a rock.

BTW, for accuracy's sake, Trump's Rasmussen approval rating is down 1 point since Wednesday.

If Gallup is more your game, then he's down 1 point since May 13th.

Last I checked Trump's approval keeps going down and down and down!
Even if I pretend to play along with your Rasmussen tanking Trump for almost a year conspiracy just to bring his poll numbers up, the RCP you posted had him in the low 30's last year.  He's gained basically 10pts looking at the graph you posted since September.  

It isn't looking good for you Mueller fanboys.  
Trump approval rating graph

September 25 = 39.7%

Today = 40.0%

So......he's gained basically 0.3 points.

TrumpkinMath™

Even the Rasmussen poll is tremendously depressing to me. These people have forgotten about the shutdown already/ like it didn’t happen. They don’t seem to care about the Kashoggi story- probably the biggest disgrace in foreign policy in my memory. The constant bigotry and incompetence mean nothing to them. 

This stuff shouldn’t just cause you to disapprove of Donald Trump; it should cause you to be outraged by him. I don’t understand what is wrong with 40% of America. 

Even the Rasmussen poll is tremendously depressing to me. These people have forgotten about the shutdown already/ like it didn’t happen. They don’t seem to care about the Kashoggi story- probably the biggest disgrace in foreign policy in my memory. The constant bigotry and incompetence mean nothing to them. 

This stuff shouldn’t just cause you to disapprove of Donald Trump; it should cause you to be outraged by him. I don’t understand what is wrong with 40% of America. 
The Rasmussen poll is specifically designed to locate people who are already Trump supporters. To those people, Trump's "approval" is measured primarily by his perceived status in the eyes of others, NOT by his actual achievements.

In other words, if Trump seems to have a good day, then he gets a boost from the Rasmussen voters. They're really like a soccer mom trying to artificially puff up the athletic achievements of their unathletic son.

But even the Rasmussen voters are unable to pull off this charade for more than a few days, and his approval rating will inevitably slide back down to its normal range of 43-48%. But it's never going below 40% unless Trump tanks the economy, just like any good soccer mom will never admit that their son has no business playing sports.

See what coming?  Were you in hibernation during the midterms? The GOP is in sad sad shape buddy. Just wait till that Mueller report comes out and all these Republican leaders have to fall on one side of it or the other. Trump is 10 times more corrupt than Nixon was. His stretches his entire lifetime. are they going to finally grow a spine and give a crap about this country? Or are they still going to be scared of all the neckbeards and their votes?  You're the one who isn't seeing what's coming buddy. I hope you're still posting when it all goes down. THAT will be entertaining. 

My sense from watching Whitaker was that he really wasn't capable of interfering with the investigation. He doesn't appear to have the skill or wits to do so. The one exception is the odd "was directed by" reference in Stone's indictment which seemed purposeful to avoid mention of Individual 1, and where did that come from if not from DOJ? - I expect Barr will be far more capable of clouding the public's view of the investigation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Democrats held a hearing to receive testimony from the (unconfirmed) Acting Attorney General.

Republicans refused to hold hearings for a Supreme Court Justice nominee.

Practically the same thing? I don’t think I understand the argument.
No, it sounds like you understand it. 

Users who are viewing this thread