What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

House Judiciary Committee Hearing - Matt Whitaker (1 Viewer)

Betsy Woodruff‏Verified account @woodruffbets 10m10 minutes ago

!!!

Nadler asks Whitaker if he's been asked to approve any of Mueller's moves.

Whitaker: “Mr Chairman, I see that your five minutes is up I’m here voluntarily I agreed to five-minute rounds”

Gasps in the room
After he stalled on every yes and no question as if he couldn't answer and then answered.

After he stalled on every yes and no question as if he couldn't answer and then answered.
:lmao:

"Mr. Chairman, as I indicated before I am not going to answer that question.  But, yes, I know what Mueller knows...."

If I were one of the Dems I would waste one question like this:  "Mr. Whitaker, why did you leak the impending arrest of Roger Stone to CNN?"  Just to see his reaction.  I think there is a better than 50-50 chance he would admit to it.

Ok  - went back to watch just before the recess - I guess the votes are on the House Floor - not in the committee.  And, there was no indication of the number of votes that might be necessary.

I used to love recess.  We'd play all star wrestling.  We had contracts we'd sign to fight each other and everything.  

You go the subpoena route with this guy, you ask him 10 minutes worth of questions and take a 45 minute break?

You go the subpoena route with this guy, you ask him 10 minutes worth of questions and take a 45 minute break?
No subpoena - yet.  Its coming - just not today.

The break started out as necessary for the members to make a House vote - not sure if it has morphed into anything more than that.

Kyle Griffin‏ @kylegriffin1 2m2 minutes ago

Maya Wiley points out on @MSNBC that Matthew Whitaker has said his conversations about Mueller are privileged, but he hasn't yet said the same about investigations in the Southern District of New York, recommends asking about convos regarding the Trump Org. probe.

Natasha Bertrand‏Verified account @NatashaBertrand 59m59 minutes ago

Whitaker says he won’t discuss an ongoing investigation when Nadler asks about Mueller, but tells GOP ranking member that John Huber is looking into potential misconduct by FBI/DOJ in 2016.

Perfect question for the Dems:  "Mr. Whitaker, can you clarify which ongoing investigations you are permitted to talk about, and which ones you are not permitted to talk about?"

They didn't 'go the subpoena route'
They authorized the use of a subpoena against the Attorney General of the United States, only to question him for 10 minutes so far...2 and a quarter hours in...

what an incompetent #### show

Last edited by a moderator:
Subtle dodge there by Whitaker - poor question.

He was not a private citizen when he was up for the Acting AG job - and as he pointed out in his answer - "He did not have those conversations with the White House when he was not with the DOJ - he was Sessions Chief of Staff at the time - and thus was with DOJ.

Whitaker is asked a simple question:

"Have you had a confirmation hearing and has it been more than 10 years since you've appeared before an oversight hearing?"

Whitaker dissembles, obstructs, jokes.

Rep. Jackson Lee: "Mr. Attorney General, we are not joking"

They authorized the use of a subpoena against the Attorney General of the United States, only to question him for 10 minutes so far...2 and a quarter hours in...

Like Whitaker, you are really showing your timekeeping chops today

The guy is Attorney General and he hasn't appeared before Congress since 2004 ever. They asked him to appear on his first day of work and he's refused to appear until almost his last day of work. So, yeah.

Serious question:

Why would anybody, at this stage of the game, attach themselves to Trump in any way?

It's mind-bottling. 

Whitaker is asked a simple question:

"Have you had a confirmation hearing and has it been more than 10 years since you've appeared before an oversight hearing?"

Whitaker dissembles, obstructs, jokes.

Rep. Jackson Lee: "Mr. Attorney General, we are not joking"
Scott Dworkin‏Verified account @funder 3m3 minutes ago

Rep Jackson-Lee just laid in to Whitaker:

“We are not joking here. And your humor is not acceptable. Now you are here, because we have a constitutional duty, to ask questions,” while holding up her pocket Constitution.

"Are you overseeing a witch hunt?"

Whitaker: "Congressman it would be inappropriate to comment on an ongoing investigation>"

Kyle Griffin‏ @kylegriffin1 2m2 minutes ago

Jerry Nadler, after Whitaker keeps obfuscating:

"Mr Whitaker, you were asked a direct question. And it's getting a little tiresome hearing you stall and waste the member's time. The member only has five minutes. He asked you a specific question ... We don't need a speech."

Users who are viewing this thread