What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How come I finding out about the Hyde trade through a friend who follows CBS Sports???? (1 Viewer)

I got an email from Scout Fantasy Sports at 2:45 central and didnt read it until just now, on break at work. I see a FBG email came into my other account at 2:39, so they had the jump! Immediately came here for the chatter, as a Chubb owner.  :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
You must visit a different forum than I do.  The one I use has plenty of differing discussion and debate.
I get it you don't think groupthink is a good word to use here ....I don't either ...except I do try to boil it down to one opinion to make a choice after reading. You smart. Thanx for correcting me. God knows where I'd be without the constant correcting. Still though your'e right.

To be clear, I did NOT mean the forums (they are world class).

I meant an email udpate, which I usually get.  But this time it came at 3:39 EST, way after other online postings.  FB Guys had always been first.  Guess I need to follow the Twitter feed of beat writers.

I meant an email udpate, which I usually get.  But this time it came at 3:39 EST, way after other positings.  FB Guys had always been first.  Guess I need to follow the Twitter feed of beat writers.
Yep this. You could also monitor NFL network who's been reporting this for a lot of the late morning.

I meant an email udpate, which I usually get.  But this time it came at 3:39 EST, way after other online postings.  FB Guys had always been first.  Guess I need to follow the Twitter feed of beat writers.
Everything breaks so quickly these days you can't reasonably expect fbg to beat everyone on breaking news. That's just unrealistic, and honestly probably not why we subscribe. As long as they're among the first that's good enough. 

But again, twitter and sleeperbot are what you want for the best chance of hearing about it first. Or live on reddit 24/7.

I’m curious if anyone heard about this *before it happened.
If there was that person, why on earth would they choose to break it here?

And if there was someone on the board who has an inside track to the JAX or CLE office, I think we would have known about it before now -- there has been other breaking news from those orgs over the last few years.

And if there is someone on the board who has this inside track, knew about this, and didn't say anything -- WHERE IS THE LOVE, BRA? C'MON, NOW!

If there was that person, why on earth would they choose to break it here?

And if there was someone on the board who has an inside track to the JAX or CLE office, I think we would have known about it before now -- there has been other breaking news from those orgs over the last few years.

And if there is someone on the board who has this inside track, knew about this, and didn't say anything -- WHERE IS THE LOVE, BRA? C'MON, NOW!
I seem to remember someone on this board a couple years ago posting inside info about Megatron's potential retirement months before it happened.

I seem to remember someone on this board a couple years ago posting inside info about Megatron's potential retirement months before it happened.
And he caught a bunch of crap for posting it then.  Funny when it happened................

And he caught a bunch of crap for posting it then.  Funny when it happened................
As I recall, that was mostly because his OP had a deadline on it, like it would be announced in the next week. But I always thought the crap was unwarranted. He was just passing on what he heard, and was very upfront about that.

Scout’s email was the 1st I saw the news. But since he’s rostered in both my leagues (by me in one) it didn’t really impact anything. 

This topic seems like a needless, desperate jab at FBG, who does plenty of great & informative reporting. 

Breaking news is why we have Twitter. FBG is why we have insightful content. FBG forums is where we make our pickle dance & talk about beer during primetime games.  :pickle:

if you’re so disappointed, leave. 

Yep.  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/740235-calvin-johnson-to-retire-confirmed/?tab=comments#comment-18742261

Funny going back and reading that thread now haha

Yep I got lit up pretty bad for even posting it.

Users who are viewing this thread