What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How concerned are you about your job? (1 Viewer)

10 being very concerned, 1 not at all... If things don't improve within the next 3 months, how conce

Votes: 14 4.0%

Votes: 16 4.6%

Votes: 24 6.9%

Votes: 18 5.2%

Votes: 14 4.0%

Votes: 29 8.4%

Votes: 23 6.6%

Votes: 46 13.3%

Votes: 43 12.4%

Votes: 119 34.4%

• Total voters
I've had some interest, but I'm apparently too expensive (asking too much). 

have a new firm interested and the interest is mutual- will have to drop my rates/salary biggly so I don't lose a shot here.

but it's somewhat comforting to see my industry/sector hiring... I wasn't expecting it to rebound until 2021.

wineries, breweries, distilleries, and restaurants in Sonoma County will receive the "outdoor only" order sometime this weekend and will begin non-indoor service on Monday or Tuesday for a minimum of three weeks. 

while this sucks - i mean REALLY sucks - for anyone in the hospitality and tourism industry, at least we're able to remain open and host guests on a limited basis. my fear is that even with limited seating options, the lack of business by volume will force cuts and furloughs. i'd put my Concerned Level at a solid 8.5, heading towards 9. 

wineries, breweries, distilleries, and restaurants in Sonoma County will receive the "outdoor only" order sometime this weekend and will begin non-indoor service on Monday or Tuesday for a minimum of three weeks. 

while this sucks - i mean REALLY sucks - for anyone in the hospitality and tourism industry, at least we're able to remain open and host guests on a limited basis. my fear is that even with limited seating options, the lack of business by volume will force cuts and furloughs. i'd put my Concerned Level at a solid 8.5, heading towards 9. 
True.  Good luck bud.

I've had some interest, but I'm apparently too expensive (asking too much). 

have a new firm interested and the interest is mutual- will have to drop my rates/salary biggly so I don't lose a shot here.

but it's somewhat comforting to see my industry/sector hiring... I wasn't expecting it to rebound until 2021.
picked up some easy freelance work this week that could be ongoing. 

still trying to to talk to the mutually interested firm... that seems like a potentially longer term fit.

I think decent chance the 4th quarter is going to be a bloodbath. 2020 is already written off. Most companies have 5 year plans and the compounded affect on revenues (X% growth in 2021 plan over original 2020 expected revenues) is going to put huge pressure on headcount. Furloughs turn to full blown RIFs. Hope I’m wrong. 

Q3 may be brutal, Q4 worse. And I have no idea how the world is going to recover before there is a vaccine. 

Company I work for is doing pretty well. Provdes semiconductor devices to a couple different industries.  Probably increasing the DL workforce about 10% this year.

While I don't perceive any threat to my job. Personally I'm struggling to stay motivated. Hate wearing the mask and glasses, and WFH isn't really an option. Recent back problems aren't helping my attitude either.

Good luck all.

I need to revote, HR has made a bunch of changes in the last 10 days - we are adding ratings to midyear reviews for the first time ever, being given "guidance" that about 5~15% should fall in the below expectations and doesn't consistently meet expectations buckets. So I expect at least 5~15% of our headcount to be gone by year-end.

I need to revote, HR has made a bunch of changes in the last 10 days - we are adding ratings to midyear reviews for the first time ever, being given "guidance" that about 5~15% should fall in the below expectations and doesn't consistently meet expectations buckets. So I expect at least 5~15% of our headcount to be gone by year-end.
So what did you vote before, and what would you vote now?

So what did you vote before, and what would you vote now?
Something like 5~10 before, I'd put it closer to 30% or possibly higher now. The 5~15% my guess will be forced headcount terminations but those will be on top of displacements/layoffs IMO. In my particular situation, I've got 1 person out on medical leave who may not come back, 1 about to retire, and 1 that will fall into the lower rating on their midyear. Once those 3 are gone and unlikely to be approved to be replaced, I'll be left with a much smaller team and likely no need to keep me around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread