What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you feel about Cutler now? (current info on pg 46) (3 Viewers)

Funny how the most outspoken bashers of Cutler never bump this thread after a day like today, where Cutler was spectacular and instrumental in the Bears defeating a red-hot Eagles team.
Just as funny as how you and all the Cutler supporters do nothing but make excuses to any criticism of the guy and then when he does have a good game you thump you chest like this.Nice game for him today though.

Just as funny as how you and all the Cutler supporters do nothing but make excuses to any criticism of the guy and then when he does have a good game you thump you chest like this.
This is utter nonsense. Here are some of my most recent comments about Jay Cutler in other threads:
He is a good QB, but until he learns to not throw some of those really stupid passes he inevitably throws a few times per game, he won't live up to the hype. Honestly, he needs a QB coach who preaches being smart with the ball. Shanahan, for as great a coach as he is, has a very aggressive mindset and approach, and that probably isn't what Cutler needed (although Shanny got the best out of him, for the most part). Martz preaches being aggressive at the expense of being careful with the ball; that much is obvious. Until Cutler gets a QB coach who can drill it into his head that he has to play smarter and not always just wing it all over the field, he will always be a tease: a QB who looks great one week, but one that breaks your heart the next.
An absolutely horrific decision by Cutler to throw that ball into that spot.
Does Cutler do a lot of things that invite criticism? Absolutely.
But, yeah, keep telling yourself that Cutler supporters do nothing but make excuses for him. :(

Just as funny as how you and all the Cutler supporters do nothing but make excuses to any criticism of the guy and then when he does have a good game you thump you chest like this.
This is utter nonsense. Here are some of my most recent comments about Jay Cutler in other threads:
He is a good QB, but until he learns to not throw some of those really stupid passes he inevitably throws a few times per game, he won't live up to the hype. Honestly, he needs a QB coach who preaches being smart with the ball. Shanahan, for as great a coach as he is, has a very aggressive mindset and approach, and that probably isn't what Cutler needed (although Shanny got the best out of him, for the most part). Martz preaches being aggressive at the expense of being careful with the ball; that much is obvious. Until Cutler gets a QB coach who can drill it into his head that he has to play smarter and not always just wing it all over the field, he will always be a tease: a QB who looks great one week, but one that breaks your heart the next.
An absolutely horrific decision by Cutler to throw that ball into that spot.
Does Cutler do a lot of things that invite criticism? Absolutely.
But, yeah, keep telling yourself that Cutler supporters do nothing but make excuses for him. :thumbup:
Bears fans hate on him more than anyone

Bears fans hate on him more than anyone
He would make me nervous if he was the QB of the team I rooted for. He's always raring up to throw a pick or take a huge sack. The guy has 'mistake waiting to happen' written all over him. He has some huge games but nothing about him makes you feel comfortable when it comes to crunch time. He had a huge game statistically today but I saw a guy who made a lot of boneheaded decisions that resulted in unnecessary sacks today.

With 1 more win, he'll have his first winning season since High School.
By using "wins standard", Matt Cassel > Phillip Rivers this season. Thanks for bringing the brilliance.There are 53 players on an NFL roster. The starting QB is 1 of 53. Hope that helps.

By using "wins standard", Matt Cassel > Phillip Rivers this season. Thanks for bringing the brilliance.There are 53 players on an NFL roster. The starting QB is 1 of 53. Hope that helps.
But that starting QB handles the ball more then any player on the team. He is a mediocre QB that got entirely too lucky against the Eagles this week.

But that starting QB handles the ball more then any player on the team. He is a mediocre QB that got entirely too lucky against the Eagles this week.
So his bad games are his fault and his good games with a mediocre receiving group are "lucky"....ummm... got it. All kinds of insightful comments in here. I've noticed the "winning record" arguments in regards to Orton vs. Cutler have died down a bit now that the Bears are 8-3, while Denver sits at 3-8. Or are we going to go back to discussing actual QB stats again, cince Orton is playing well statistically but losing? Pick a lane people - and not simply the one that best supports your argument this week.

Funny how the most outspoken bashers of Cutler never bump this thread after a day like today, where Cutler was spectacular and instrumental in the Bears defeating a red-hot Eagles team.
Next time he has a bad game it'll get bumped. The problem is he has already had a successful year in a new offense with a weak offensive line. Nothing has changed--he forces passes sometimes, but he's an excellent quarterback who can make throws that other quarterbacks can't to win games. If he eats the ball and takes the sack, like he did today, instead of throwing it up for grabs, the Bears will do very well with that defense.
I like Cutler but between the ears he still doesnt get it sometimes.Like today, up 12 with 4 mins to go and 3rd down he tried to force a stupid pass over the middle that was nearly a pick 6. You wont see a Peyton or Brady make that pass in the same situation
The TD to Olsen was a pass he shouldn't have thrown as well. It worked out this week, but it had red zone drive killing INT written all over it. He's just too careless/confident for me to not be nervous every time he drops back.

Starting center?

DoubleG said:
I've noticed the "winning record" arguments in regards to Orton vs. Cutler have died down a bit now that the Bears are 8-3, while Denver sits at 3-8. Or are we going to go back to discussing actual QB stats again, cince Orton is playing well statistically but losing? Pick a lane people - and not simply the one that best supports your argument this week.
I've noticed that, too. All we heard last year was that Orton wins and Cutler doesn't. Orton, meanwhile, in his last 20 starts is 5-15, so I guess no one wants to talk about that anymore. Now that Cutler is doing what Orton did in Chicago: winning, but without putting up huge numbers, it somehow proves yet again that Cutler is no good.
Statcruncher said:
He's just too careless/confident for me to not be nervous every time he drops back.
I know what you mean. If I am a Bears fan, every time they get to the red zone, I am thinking, "Please, Jay, just don't throw an interception." :thumbup:

can't believe the hate towards him

if i could turn back time and draft him at #3 in 2006 instead of the crybaby we did pick i would in a heartbeat

gimme that nervousness over watching my team's QB with a NFL skillset being a gambler over watching MY TEAM trying for 5 years to turn a self-entitled whiny athlete into a QB ANY DAY OF THE WEEK

He seems to be excelling recently in the Martz offense and while he still makes questionable decdisions at times, he seems like a pretty good start the rest of the way. What are people thinking of next week against Detroit? I, for one, am almost certainly starting him over Roethlisberger.

DoubleG said:
I've noticed the "winning record" arguments in regards to Orton vs. Cutler have died down a bit now that the Bears are 8-3, while Denver sits at 3-8. Or are we going to go back to discussing actual QB stats again, cince Orton is playing well statistically but losing? Pick a lane people - and not simply the one that best supports your argument this week.
I've noticed that, too. All we heard last year was that Orton wins and Cutler doesn't. Orton, meanwhile, in his last 20 starts is 5-15, so I guess no one wants to talk about that anymore. Now that Cutler is doing what Orton did in Chicago: winning, but without putting up huge numbers, it somehow proves yet again that Cutler is no good.
I think to some people, everything in extremes. Cutler isn't winning games, but he's also not losing them recently by throwing picks. The issue about win-loss and Orton versus Cutler was that Cutler often put his defense in a bad position by throwing picks, while Orton doesn't.Now that Cutler recently is playing smarter, the Bears are winning. That's great. But will cutler continue to play smart? We'll see.

Still, the difference between Cutler and Orton is very small. Cutler was not a huge upgrade at QB for Chicago. He's not a top-5 talent at QB as some if his supporters were saying. Neither is he junk like some of his detractors were saying. He's an average NFL QB, who is probably on par with Jon Kitna.

DoubleG said:
I think to some people, everything in extremes. Cutler isn't winning games, but he's also not losing them recently by throwing picks. The issue about win-loss and Orton versus Cutler was that Cutler often put his defense in a bad position by throwing picks, while Orton doesn't.Now that Cutler recently is playing smarter, the Bears are winning. That's great. But will cutler continue to play smart? We'll see.

Still, the difference between Cutler and Orton is very small. Cutler was not a huge upgrade at QB for Chicago. He's not a top-5 talent at QB as some if his supporters were saying. Neither is he junk like some of his detractors were saying. He's an average NFL QB, who is probably on par with Jon Kitna.
"Talent" wise, Cutler is elite, it's his decision making that is keeps him middle of the pack. Only a few QB's can make every throw, with accuracy, and Cutler is one of them, but he still tries to do too much, or does something stupid...way too often. I believe it takes a QB till age 28-30 to truly get "it" and we will see with Cutler over the next few years if he is going to be the type that can win a SuperBowl...

Don't think Cassel has won more games than Rivers since High School. Thanks for responding with brilliance.When was the last time Rivers had a losing season? Cassel's college career was as a back-up, can't really comment on his starting record.Not sure what Cassel or Rivers has to do with "How do I feel about Cutler now?"My answer is that right or wrong, the QB gets credit for wins and loses. Can Cutler carry a team on his shoulders? I don't think so. But I could change my mind if he shows some positional maturity. He can definitely win a few games with his arm and lose plenty of games with his brains. He's a difference maker of another sort. He may prove me wrong, but he doesnt seem to have the level-headedness to win a title. He's not like Favre that can overcome his own blemishes with some great play.I stated a fact (possibly the first non-losing season since High School) and the response wasn't "true and looking forward to it," it was an off-tangent response about some other random QBs.I fully recognize that I entered a Bears + Broncos thread without my appropriately colored glasses on. Sorry.

stated a fact (possibly the first non-losing season since High School) and the response wasn't "true and looking forward to it
if cutler really cared about winning he woulda chose a different school than vanderbilt. hes obv a very selfish player who chose playing against the toughest competition in college rather than playing doormats or sitting for 3 yrs behind a 5star at some qb factory.

Cutler played a near perfect game yesterday. Only the late 3rd down throw even came close to bothering me. The TD toss to Olsen was a a good gamble with his best one on one battle receiver. I think we all too often look at his past mistakes and if he makes one bad throw, he is just the same Cutler who was lucky not be picked off. But the fact is that every QB makes bad decisions in almost every game that could result in a turnover. ESPN did a study that Vick this year has thrown a higher rate of balls into the frame of a defender than Cutler did last year.

stated a fact (possibly the first non-losing season since High School) and the response wasn't "true and looking forward to it
if cutler really cared about winning he woulda chose a different school than vanderbilt. hes obv a very selfish player who chose playing against the toughest competition in college rather than playing doormats or sitting for 3 yrs behind a 5star at some qb factory.
That's not true at all. Here's a story about what happened. Illinois withdrew its scholarship offer. Vandy gave Jay one day to accept the scholarship and, having never visited Vanderbilt, he did.http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/21/sports/f...l/21cutler.html

He seems to be excelling recently in the Martz offense and while he still makes questionable decdisions at times, he seems like a pretty good start the rest of the way. What are people thinking of next week against Detroit? I, for one, am almost certainly starting him over Roethlisberger.
Something happened to the Martz offense over the last several weeks and particularly coming out of the week 8 bye.Martz's offense mysteriously morphed from the mad bomber 7 step drop and watch opposing defenses storm the pocket, into a balanced pro style offense. Now the Bears run > 50% of the time and utilize pass plays that cover up the oline's deficiencies by utilizing 3-5 step drops and moving the pocket to take advantage of Cutler's running/scrambling/improvising ability.

I think someone flushed Martz's playbook down the drain... :shrug:

Now the Bears have all the benefit of a brilliant playcaller in Mike Martz, joined with an offensive scheme that actually fits the personnel on hand, rather than stubbornly paying homage to a Rams offense circa 1999-2001 that enjoyed HOF caliber talent at the skill positions and along the oline (and still gave up bone crunching abuse to the QB position!).

Combine this new Martz offense with a great defense and special teams, and watch Cutler's winning % continue to rise.

This Bears team is going to be trouble for the rest of the NFC if they succeed in making the playoffs. Not saying they're destined for Dallas, but in today's watered down NFL - a great defense + great special teams + good offense with an athletic strong armed QB in Jay Cutler is more than enough to give Chicago a great chance at a deep post-season run.

I have a feeling this thread is going to get bumped a lot over the next two months...

Something happened to the Martz offense over the last several weeks and particularly coming out of the week 8 bye.Martz's offense mysteriously morphed from the mad bomber 7 step drop and watch opposing defenses storm the pocket, into a balanced pro style offense. Now the Bears run > 50% of the time and utilize pass plays that cover up the oline's deficiencies by utilizing 3-5 step drops and moving the pocket to take advantage of Cutler's running/scrambling/improvising ability.

I think someone flushed Martz's playbook down the drain... :thumbup:

Now the Bears have all the benefit of a brilliant playcaller in Mike Martz, joined with an offensive scheme that actually fits the personnel on hand, rather than stubbornly paying homage to a Rams offense circa 1999-2001 that enjoyed HOF caliber talent at the skill positions and along the oline (and still gave up bone crunching abuse to the QB position!).

Combine this new Martz offense with a great defense and special teams, and watch Cutler's winning % continue to rise.

This Bears team is going to be trouble for the rest of the NFC if they succeed in making the playoffs. Not saying they're destined for Dallas, but in today's watered down NFL - a great defense + great special teams + good offense with an athletic strong armed QB in Jay Cutler is more than enough to give Chicago a great chance at a deep post-season run.

I have a feeling this thread is going to get bumped a lot over the next two months...
Excellent posting. I couldn't agree more with anything you said. At the bye, either Lovie or Mike Tice (or both) got a hold of Martz and "modified" the Martz offense. I think to an extent, all 3 realize that their jobs all depend on the success of this team - and specifically the offense being at least capable and at times, explosive (but only when needed and without taking too mnay risks).

Cutler played a near perfect game yesterday. Only the late 3rd down throw even came close to bothering me. The TD toss to Olsen was a a good gamble with his best one on one battle receiver. I think we all too often look at his past mistakes and if he makes one bad throw, he is just the same Cutler who was lucky not be picked off. But the fact is that every QB makes bad decisions in almost every game that could result in a turnover. ESPN did a study that Vick this year has thrown a higher rate of balls into the frame of a defender than Cutler did last year.
Watch that video I linked again and focus on the 25 - 26 second mark. If the defender makes a simple well-timed jump that's as easy an interception as a DB will ever see. A gamble like that is good on 4th and goal with no time left and you're down by 5. Not when it's 1st and goal and you have an 8 point lead with over 13 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Yes it was TD, but IMO that does not cover up the fact that it was a terrible decision. Throw it out of the endzone and you still have 3 downs left.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Talent" wise, Cutler is elite, it's his decision making that is keeps him middle of the pack. Only a few QB's can make every throw, with accuracy, and Cutler is one of them, but he still tries to do too much, or does something stupid...way too often. I believe it takes a QB till age 28-30 to truly get "it" and we will see with Cutler over the next few years if he is going to be the type that can win a SuperBowl...
The TD-INT ratio would disagree with you. I'm still surprised with how many people think Cutler is uber-talented. He's middle of the pack among starting NFL QBs. Talent is more than arm strength and mobility. Cutler has those attributes, but is sorely lacking in many other areas. I don't hate the guy, but the love he gets on this board by some people is really absurd. His accuracy isn't that great, he has a hard time reading defenses, he is soft, and lacks leadership intangibles.But he's not a terrible QB. He's just not a great QB either.

Watch that video I linked again and focus on the 25 - 26 second mark. If the defender makes a simple well-timed jump that's as easy an interception as a DB will ever see. A gamble like that is good on 4th and goal with no time left and you're down by 5. Not when it's 1st and goal and you have an 8 point lead with over 13 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Yes it was TD, but IMO that does not cover up the fact that it was a terrible decision. Throw it out of the endzone and you still have 3 downs left.
I see where you are going with that, but that in and of itself, is the upside of a risky QB. You can have a Dilfer-type literally in the span of 3 seconds come up with an algorithm of what is the highest percentage pass, but you will not end up with the "spectacular" play. On the flipside, guys like Favre, Cutler and Delhomme (in his prime) would take the chance knowing that there is about an equal chance of an INT as there is for a TD. It is not necessarily wrong, just different. As a Jets fan with guys like Penny and now Sanchez (post Buffalo 2009 game), we do have the "warm" feeling that our QB will never "throw away" a game, but we also know, if we are down and need QB heroics, that we are out of luck...

The TD-INT ratio would disagree with you. I'm still surprised with how many people think Cutler is uber-talented. He's middle of the pack among starting NFL QBs. Talent is more than arm strength and mobility. Cutler has those attributes, but is sorely lacking in many other areas. I don't hate the guy, but the love he gets on this board by some people is really absurd. His accuracy isn't that great, he has a hard time reading defenses, he is soft, and lacks leadership intangibles.But he's not a terrible QB. He's just not a great QB either.
Middle of the pack? Let's try something. There are 32 NFL teams. 16-17 would be the middle. I'll go easy on you. Name 14 QBs satrting in the NFL right now, you would want over Cutler.

I'll help you start:

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Rodgers

5. Vick

6. Rivers

7. Eli Manning

- there, 1/2 your list. Now finish it...and please try to refrain from putting Kyle "3-8" Orton on the list. TIA.

Middle of the pack? Let's try something. There are 32 NFL teams. 16-17 would be the middle. I'll go easy on you. Name 14 QBs satrting in the NFL right now, you would want over Cutler.

I'll help you start:

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Rodgers

5. Vick

6. Rivers

7. Eli Manning

- there, 1/2 your list. Now finish it...and please try to refrain from putting Kyle "3-8" Orton on the list. TIA.
You can probably add Matt Ryan and Big Ben to the list pretty quickly and there are certainly arguments that can be made for guys like Bradford and Flacco, but for me personally and this exact Bears team (that is lacking a good WR or OL) the only ones that I would trade Cutler 1 for 1 for today would be Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, Vick and Brady in that order. I am a homer though, so I admit my bias. I think Orton is doing great in Denver and he fits there very well, but I would definitely not take him back for Cutler, at least not on this team. Statistically there are certainly players that are playing better than he is (and probably 14 or so that fit that mold depending on how you look at the stats), but that does not mean that they would be better on this team this year. With this OL, I really do not believe there are very many who would do better than Cutler is doing.

Middle of the pack? Let's try something. There are 32 NFL teams. 16-17 would be the middle. I'll go easy on you. Name 14 QBs satrting in the NFL right now, you would want over Cutler.I'll help you start:1. Manning2. Brady3. Brees4. Rodgers5. Vick6. Rivers7. Eli Manning- there, 1/2 your list. Now finish it...and please try to refrain from putting Kyle "3-8" Orton on the list. TIA.
I have Cutler, but I'll take a shot:8. Schaub9. Flacco10. Ryan11. Roethlisberger12. Romo13. McNabb14. 3-8 Orton. Just kidding. I'd put Cutler here I guess.

Middle of the pack? Let's try something. There are 32 NFL teams. 16-17 would be the middle. I'll go easy on you. Name 14 QBs satrting in the NFL right now, you would want over Cutler.I'll help you start:1. Manning2. Brady3. Brees4. Rodgers5. Vick6. Rivers7. Eli Manning- there, 1/2 your list. Now finish it...and please try to refrain from putting Kyle "3-8" Orton on the list. TIA.
I have Cutler, but I'll take a shot:8. Schaub9. Flacco10. Ryan11. Roethlisberger12. Romo13. McNabb14. 3-8 Orton. Just kidding. I'd put Cutler here I guess.
Romo is not starting in the NFL right now. And McNabb? Seriously - dude doesn't even know the two minute offense :popcorn:

I'll help you start:

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Rodgers

5. Vick

6. Rivers

7. Eli Manning

Middle of the pack isn't #16, it's somewhere between 14 to 18, as players are tiered, not incrementally ranked.I'd easily put Ryan, Bradford, Roeth, Romo, Flacco, Schaub, maybe Sanchez ahead of Cutler. I think he and Orton are comparable players with different strengths and weaknesses, but overall similar in ranking.

Middle of the pack?

Let's try something. There are 32 NFL teams. 16-17 would be the middle. I'll go easy on you. Name 14 QBs satrting in the NFL right now, you would want over Cutler.

I'll help you start:

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Rodgers

5. Vick

6. Rivers

7. Eli Manning

I have Cutler, but I'll take a shot:8. Schaub

9. Flacco

10. Ryan

11. Roethlisberger

12. Romo

13. McNabb

14. 3-8 Orton. Just kidding. I'd put Cutler here I guess.
Romo is not starting in the NFL right now. And McNabb? Seriously - dude doesn't even know the two minute offense :popcorn:
Because he's injured! Not because he's not better than Cutler.

With a 9-3 record for the Bears, and a 8-3 record for himself as a starter this year, Cutler is now guaranteed a winning record, so the bashers can't pull out the old "Cutler has never had a winning season" line anymore. :P

With a 9-3 record for the Bears, and a 8-3 record for himself as a starter this year, Cutler is now guaranteed a winning record, so the bashers can't pull out the old "Cutler has never had a winning season" line anymore. :P
True, and now the homers can quit saying he's never had a defense. :P

I didn't see this weeks game, but I commented last week in the game thread that he looked good.

True, and now the homers can quit saying he's never had a defense. :P
Yep. Aside from the Washington game (a game in which he was brutal and cost them the game with his INTs), he has been much better with the mistakes this year, so maybe he is finally turning a corner and realizing that he doesn't have to do it all by himself. When you don't have a horrible defense, you don't have to press and take as many unnecessary chances, which was my point about him in regards to the 2008 season. Should be interesting to see how he plays down the stretch, as their last four games are pretty tough, so making the playoffs for the Bears is still an uphill battle.

Middle of the pack?

Let's try something. There are 32 NFL teams. 16-17 would be the middle. I'll go easy on you. Name 14 QBs satrting in the NFL right now, you would want over Cutler.

I'll help you start:

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Rodgers

5. Vick

6. Rivers

7. Eli Manning

9. Flacco

10. Ryan

11. Roethlisberger

12. Romo

13. McNabb

Romo is not starting in the NFL right now. And McNabb? Seriously - dude doesn't even know the two minute offense :shrug:
Durability is part of being an NFL QB. Cutler has been sacked more than any other NFL QB this year. Yet he is still playing and at a very high level.

He looked very efficient yesterday and seems more comfortable now that the offense has shifted to the run a bit more. The O line took a step back in their protection yesterday. He got sacked a few times on 3-step drops. ;)

I'll help you start:

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Rodgers

5. Vick

6. Rivers

7. Eli Manning

Middle of the pack isn't #16, it's somewhere between 14 to 18, as players are tiered, not incrementally ranked.I'd easily put Ryan, Bradford, Roeth, Romo, Flacco, Schaub, maybe Sanchez ahead of Cutler. I think he and Orton are comparable players with different strengths and weaknesses, but overall similar in ranking.
Do you know what the 4 guys in bold all have in common? They all have passer ratings lower than Cutler this season. They also all have been starters in the league 3 years or less. Schaub's QB rating is less than a point higher than Cutler's, and Schaub has one of the best WRs in all of football. Schaub and Cutler have also both thrown the same number of TDs - only it's taken Schaub almost 100 more pass attempts to do it. Also, none of the bolded have hrown 25+ TD passes in a season - something Cutler has already done twice, and is on pace to do again this season. (In case you were wondering, Schaub has only done it once).If you could set down your Culter-hater-shades for a moment, it is fairly obvious that any of the QBs you listed other than Roeth and Romo are hardly "easily" put above Cutler. In fact, I'd have to disagree based on almost any measurable stat on most of the bolded and an argument could be made against Schaub.

Many of those younger guys you list HOPE to put up stats like Cutler did in his 3rd year with Denver (you might remember that was the year he was a Pro Bowl QB). Did you also realize that Cutler is on pace to equal those TD numbers in 150 less passing attempts? I didn't think so.

We get, you hate Cutler. But most of the QBs listed are not arguably better than Cutler by almost any statistic you want to use - let alone "easily" put ahead of him. And just to help with the math end of things - there are 32 teams - 16.5 would be the exact middle, therefore the range should be 15-18 or 14-19, if you want to extend "middle of the pack." Even if I give you Romo, Roeth and Schaub (which again, is arguable) - that still puts Cutler at 12 - which, interestingly enough is exactly where he is in passer rating this season - top 12.

Middle of the pack?

I'll help you start:

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Rodgers

5. Vick

6. Rivers

7. Eli Manning

9. Flacco

10. Ryan

11. Roethlisberger

12. Romo

13. McNabb

Romo is not starting in the NFL right now. And McNabb? Seriously - dude doesn't even know the two minute offense ;)
Durability is part of being an NFL QB. Cutler has been sacked more than any other NFL QB this year. Yet he is still playing and at a very high level.
So am I correct in assuming that you think Cutler is a better QB than Romo? Going into next year, would you Cutler ranked above Romo? Also, to be fair, prior to getting injured, Romo was getting sacked more than anyone in the league. That Oline was horrible. He got effing smashed on the play that knocked him out. shizz happens sometimes.

So am I correct in assuming that you think Cutler is a better QB than Romo? Going into next year, would you Cutler ranked above Romo? Also, to be fair, prior to getting injured, Romo was getting sacked more than anyone in the league. That Oline was horrible. He got effing smashed on the play that knocked him out. shizz happens sometimes.
Read the post right above yours, sparky. (HINT: No, I do not rank Cutler higher than Romo - but Romo is not part of the conversation, as the original question was "QBs starting in the NFL right now")And yes, Romo's o-line stinks - and so does Cutler's...in fact, statistically moreso.

there are some nutty people that like to compare him to brady, for whatever reason, so let's compare:

brady vs one of the better defenses in the league: 27/40 369/2/0

cutler vs one of the worst pass defenses in the league: 12/26 152/0/2

there are some nutty people that like to compare him to brady, for whatever reason, so let's compare:brady vs one of the better defenses in the league: 27/40 369/2/0cutler vs one of the worst pass defenses in the league: 12/26 152/0/2
Please allow me to paraphrase for you Larry boy:"As a Cutler hater I'ld like to compare him to Tom Brady, while claiming I'm only doing so because Cutler supporters already do this. Although, these "nutty people" shall remain nameless and I will not be supplying any links. That's only because I actually just made it up to give me an excuse to create an argument that doesn't really exist... It's this little thing I do called "fishing"" :confused:

Middle of the pack?

I'll help you start:

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Rodgers

5. Vick

6. Rivers

7. Eli Manning

9. Flacco

10. Ryan

11. Roethlisberger

12. Romo

13. McNabb

Romo is not starting in the NFL right now. And McNabb? Seriously - dude doesn't even know the two minute offense :D
well the first and second parts are true....

there are some nutty people that like to compare him to brady, for whatever reason, so let's compare:brady vs one of the better defenses in the league: 27/40 369/2/0cutler vs one of the worst pass defenses in the league: 12/26 152/0/2
Please allow me to paraphrase for you Larry boy:"As a Cutler hater I'ld like to compare him to Tom Brady, while claiming I'm only doing so because Cutler supporters already do this. Although, these "nutty people" shall remain nameless and I will not be supplying any links. That's only because I actually just made it up to give me an excuse to create an argument that doesn't really exist... It's this little thing I do called "fishing"" :lmao:
:own3d:

shaun hill vs that same NE defense:27/46 285/1/2oh no I di'int!

Users who are viewing this thread