What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you feel about Cutler now? (current info on pg 46) (2 Viewers)

The usual suspects coming out of the woodwork the second Cutler has a below average game. You can almost set your watch to it!
I try to ignore the stupidity of some posters, but it is hard to avoid sometimes. Not quite sure what these people want from a QB. Not everyone is Brady or Manning.

BusterTBronco said:
bears should've kept grossman
FBG's allowing TOOLs and fishing trips like this guy for example....make me question why I pay to be a member here.
My, my. SOMEONE is awfully sensitive about this subject!I missed the game. Kindly provide Cutler's stat line for the day so that we can draw our own conclusions.Thank ya!
He's not good.
Who is not good? Cutler or Grossman?Assuming you meant Cutler. You really don't like Cutler? You don't like the Bears chances in the playoffs?
Not Cutler today. Of course I like him.I like our chances a lot more in the playoffs than most do this year. Every team in the playoffs better have their A game ready or they will lose. Outside of the Pats, there doesn't seem to be a clear cut favorite, which is what I prefer.

Just saw the postgame press conference. What is up with Chicago qbs and the the neck beard? :goodposting: Jay and the beard is definitely not working.

Last edited by a moderator:
BusterTBronco said:
Okay. After much searching on the internet, I finally found the stat line (but I can hardly believe my eyes!)It reads as follows:Jay Cutler: 39 attempts, 21 completions, 168 yards passing, 6 sacks, 0 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, 43.5 passer ratingHow is this possible? That's gotta be a misprint, right? I mean, the Bears traded away two first round draft picks for this guy. It is inconceivable that he could have a game so poor.
I think it is inconceivable to think how many games the Bears would have won this year if they didn't have Cutler. 6 maybe 7 games tops.

While posting after Cutler has a bad game seems like cherry picking to an extent, doing it after a game that does not matter to him or his team is just silly. That's similar to ripping him having a bad preseason game. At least rip him for games that matter.

The usual suspects coming out of the woodwork the second Cutler has a below average game. You can almost set your watch to it!
I try to ignore the stupidity of some posters, but it is hard to avoid sometimes. Not quite sure what these people want from a QB. Not everyone is Brady or Manning.
Cutler is Jeff George. Great potential, too lazy to either put in the work that leads to better skills or better decision making.

Just saw the postgame press conference. What is up with Chicago qbs and the the neck beard? :cry: Jay and the beard is definitely not working.
I remember him being asked about the beard at some point this past week and he said the stitches on his chin (from that uncalled shot to the head) prevent him from shaving in that area so instead of a patch of hair, he went full beard.

Cutler is Jeff George. Great potential, too lazy to either put in the work that leads to better skills or better decision making.
I understand why you're making that comparison, and it might not be completely inappropriate, but Cutler's only played 5 years now and he's well ahead of where George was at this point. George had a couple sold years later, but Cutler is already the far superior QB.

i still think he has a cannon arm but not the best decision making and if he makes good decisions they look ok but if he doesnt its pick six cetral baby like my main man dicky v says

BusterTBronco said:
While posting after Cutler has a bad game seems like cherry picking to an extent, doing it after a game that does not matter to him or his team is just silly. That's similar to ripping him having a bad preseason game. At least rip him for games that matter.
The game didn't matter to Chicago? Forgive me. I was under the impression that Chicago and Green Bay hated each other and that Chicago would have liked nothing more than to knock Green Bay out. Isn't that why Cutler and the rest of the Bears starters played the whole game? To say that the game "didn't matter" shows a lack of knowledge of your own team and fanbase.
I think Cutler and the Bears were playing to win. He was fired up early in the game. He had a bad game.I don't think there's a Bears fan alive who wasn't scratching his head over the second half playcalling. Cutler was under a lot of pressure. The running game was working well. Martz opted to go pass happy again. Maybe he was trying to get it out of his system before the playoffs. Who knows, but he put Cutler in a position to have a bad second half, and Cutler did just that.But the first half is on Cutler. The first pick was inexcusable. It was the kind of throw Cutler has made much less frequently this year, but one he should know better than to make in a close, low-scoring game when your team is in field goal range. I also thought he held the ball too long on some plays. Olson and Knox didn't help him any. Olson dropped a first down; Knox fell down on a route and was lucky to keep a pass from being intercepted. GB also started reading those quick throws to Bennett and knocked down about three after letting the first one get through.The second pick wasn't as bad. Time is running out and he's trying to make something happen. I can live with that.

BusterTBronco said:
The game didn't matter to Chicago? Forgive me. I was under the impression that Chicago and Green Bay hated each other and that Chicago would have liked nothing more than to knock Green Bay out. Isn't that why Cutler and the rest of the Bears starters played the whole game? To say that the game "didn't matter" shows a lack of knowledge of your own team and fanbase.
Sorry but the idea that the teams "hate each other" is quaint and antiquated. Perhaps you miss the part after the games where the players from opposing teams all walk on the field, smile and hug each other. This aint your grandpappy's NFL. Would the Bears have prefferred to win? Sure. Did it really matter? No. Listening to most local call-in radio last night and today, the fan base is glad everyone is healthy and thought playing the starters showed good character, but no, no one is bemoaning the loss.

This comparison is totally busted by the statistics.

BusterTBronco said:
Sorry but the idea that the teams "hate each other" is quaint and antiquated. Perhaps you miss the part after the games where the players from opposing teams all walk on the field, smile and hug each other. This aint your grandpappy's NFL. Would the Bears have prefferred to win? Sure. Did it really matter? No. Listening to most local call-in radio last night and today, the fan base is glad everyone is healthy and thought playing the starters showed good character, but no, no one is bemoaning the loss.
Following the game, the TV announcers last night suggested that Chicago played their starters through the game because they saw Green Bay as a viable enough threat that they wanted to try and keep them from making the playoffs.

BusterTBronco said:
Following the game, the TV announcers last night suggested that Chicago played their starters through the game because they saw Green Bay as a viable enough threat that they wanted to try and keep them from making the playoffs.
I don't disagree - but actually, as a Bears fan, I fear the Giants more than the Packers. As such I am actually pleased it was the Packers that made it as the #6. Granted the odds of the Bears facing either is rather small, as the #6 will have two win two road playoff games to even get a chance to face the Bears, but nonetheless, the Bears had issues against the Giants.

BusterTBronco said:
I know you're not a Bears fan and I'll 'forgive you' and your utter ignorance when it comes to knowledge of the Chicago Bears and/or their fan base. However, this was a meaningless game against the Packers and everyone in Chicago knew it going in. The players knew it and I even heard an interview of Urlacher before the game in which he acknowledged that they would play it out, but that the outcome really didn't matter to the Bears and it wouldn't be the end of the world if they lost this game. Similarly, not every NFL coach believes in packing it in after a playoff berth has been clinched. Coughlin and the Giants a few years ago had nothing at stake when they played their starters in a game against the Patriots, yet they went on to face and defeat that same undefeated Patriots team in the Super Bowl.Just because BusterTBronco would rest his starters, doesn't change the fact that some NFL coaches believe in staying sharp and not altering the normal routine. Lovie Smith knew that his team would have a two week layoff after this game. He played the starters because he didn't want them to have three weeks off and be rusty. HTH

Pure speculation. I doubt a 2 seed with a bye was quaking in fear of possibly facing a potential 6 seed down the line in the playoffs. I know some would have us believe that the Packers are some nearly-unbeatable juggernaut that every NFC team is terrified to face, but let's get serious.

The only way the Bears could ever face the Packers again would be if the Packers go into two other teams stadiums over the next two weekends and win (including teams like Philadelphia and Atlanta), and then they would have to come to Chicago in their 3rd week and beat the Bears. The odds are miniscule that they could pull all of that off.So TV announcers have to say something and they can certainly suggest anything they want. However, actual Bears players like Urlacher acknowledged going into this game that while they would like to go undefeated in the division (by sweeping GB), it really wouldn't be a problem if they lost this game. The more important goal is the Super Bowl. Lovie Smith and the Bears are doing what they feel gives them the best chance of going to the Super Bowl. I would have no problem if they believed resting starters was the way to go, or if they believe playing them keeps them sharp. The only problem I would have is if they believed one thing and then did the other...

BusterTBronco said:
I love how you Bears fans keep making excuses for Cutler's HORRIBLE performance yesterday. If the Bears had won, you would praise them, saying that it was a "gutty win". Since they lost, it's just a "meaningless" game. What happened to all the discussion last week about how beating the Packers was considered the most important thing in Chicago?

The Bears offense is putrid. There is now way Chicago can keep up with New Orleans. The Saints are going to come into Chicago and steamroll that team.
Just like they steamed the Bears in Chicago the last 3 times they played there?

Tell him I said "hey" next time you see him. tx

BusterTBronco said:
I love how you Bears fans keep making excuses for Cutler's HORRIBLE performance yesterday. If the Bears had won, you would praise them, saying that it was a "gutty win". Since they lost, it's just a "meaningless" game. What happened to all the discussion last week about how beating the Packers was considered the most important thing in Chicago?The Bears offense is putrid. There is now way Chicago can keep up with New Orleans. The Saints are going to come into Chicago and steamroll that team.
No one is making excuses, and I don't recall ANY discussion of beating the Packers being considered the most important thing in Chicago. The Packers won a close defensive struggle at home in an absolute do or die win or go home situation. Kudos to the Packers!The Bears offense doesn't have to be world class. However, when your special teams and defensive units are as good as Chicago's are, then the offensive unit doesn't have to be all that. They ran into a very tough GB defense yesterday and got shut down. Heck GB's is the ONLY defense I've seen hold NE down this year (didn't see Cleveland beat the Pats). And as you say they could lose to the Saints, but would losing to the defending Super Bowl champs really be all that shocking? I like the matchup personally and I think it would be a great game for fans of both teams. But I also think the Bears will beat the Saints at home and I would be shocked if the Saints were to steamroll the Bears. :lmao:Maybe you can come back in here and bump this post again afterwards. I know you and a couple of other haters will be here to do just that if/when Cutler and the Bears lose in the playoffs. 'til then have fun searching for the next Broncos head coach, debating who they should draft, and if/when you're team will make the playoffs again! Meanwhile I'll be enjoying the next couple of weeks knowing that the Bears and Jay Cutler have a one in four shot at the Super Bowl! :lmao:

BusterTBronco said:
The Bears offense is putrid. There is now way Chicago can keep up with New Orleans. The Saints are going to come into Chicago and steamroll that team.
They put a 40 on the board against the Vikes and Jets, 2 straight weeks man. You call that "putrid"?That Packer D is really good and played great yesterday. And that game plan for the Bears was not the game plan of the last 6-7 weeks. It looked like Martz, not being in a must-win situation, was turned loose a bit and he reverted back to how he called games early in the season. That most likely will not be the Bears offensive gameplan you see in 2 weeks.

He came a long way this year IMO.

Played smarter in that offense when he and Martz got on the same page and Martz relied on the run game some.

I still don't think he is a great QB...still too much of that "gunslinger" mentality in him and I don't see it changing.

Bears fans better just hope he has a nice 3 game stretch without that type of play from him.

BusterTBronco said:
I love how you Bears fans keep making excuses for Cutler's HORRIBLE performance yesterday. If the Bears had won, you would praise them, saying that it was a "gutty win". Since they lost, it's just a "meaningless" game. What happened to all the discussion last week about how beating the Packers was considered the most important thing in Chicago?

Just like they steamed the Bears in Chicago the last 3 times they played there?
Oh now why does someone always have to bring facts into it? Why can't let BusterT roll with his house-of-card- logic vitriol? BusterT, please share with the class why it wasn't a meaningless game. The Bears lost and so now things are different for them....how????

The last drive was not meaningless. The Bears were trying to tie up the game.

The last throw was not meaningless. It was just a bad throw.

Cutler remains a physically gifted, mentally challenged QB. If I was a bears fan, I would hope the game does not come down to Cutler.

But, having said that - if GB beats Philly, then I like the Bears chances against NO/Sea, but not in the NFC championship game against ATL/GB.

If Philly beats GB - I think Phily beats the Bears in the 2nd round.

The last drive was not meaningless. The Bears were trying to tie up the game.The last throw was not meaningless. It was just a bad throw.Cutler remains a physically gifted, mentally challenged QB. If I was a bears fan, I would hope the game does not come down to Cutler.But, having said that - if GB beats Philly, then I like the Bears chances against NO/Sea, but not in the NFC championship game against ATL/GB.If Philly beats GB - I think Phily beats the Bears in the 2nd round.
The guy showed improvement in his second season with the Bears despite a new and evolving offense, some of the worst pass protection in the NFL and a rag tag crew of no-name receivers. I'd hardly call him mentally challenged. He's young, and I see no reason not to expect him to continue getting better.

The last drive was not meaningless. The Bears were trying to tie up the game.

The last throw was not meaningless. It was just a bad throw.

Cutler remains a physically gifted, mentally challenged QB. If I was a bears fan, I would hope the game does not come down to Cutler.

But, having said that - if GB beats Philly, then I like the Bears chances against NO/Sea, but not in the NFC championship game against ATL/GB.

If Philly beats GB - I think Phily beats the Bears in the 2nd round.
In case you missed it, Philly already lost to the Bears this season...and oddly, seems to be playing worse as the games became more important, dropping the last two to two mediocre teams. I am more afraid of N. Orleans than Philly. Brees could rip the Bears pass defense to shreds. I just don't see Vick being abkle to do that.

right, it was just a meaningless preseason game against their biggest rival who lovie has always sworn to beat, where cutler played every snap despite taking 6 sacks. :thumbup: :lmao:really?

Lest we let opinions get in the way of facts, here is a fun list:

Eli Manning

Drew Brees

Carson Palmer

Brett Favre

Chad Henne

Matt Hasselbeck

Peyton Manning

That's a list of QBs that have thrown more INTs than Cutler this season. Some of those guys are considered to be pretty good. Just sayin

True, but Super Bowl-winning QBs are always given more rope/much more benefit of the doubt than a guy like Cutler who has yet to play his first playoff game, Henne stinks, and Palmer and Hasselbeck are generally considered to be past their primes, so those factors have to be taken into account. It is probably more fair to compare and contrast Cutler to QBs who are of similar age and experience.

I suspect Cutler will always be a guy who has the occasional stinker like last Sunday (or the Washington game earlier this season), but he can quiet some critics by playing well in the postseason AND by the Bears winning (at least a game).

I say "some" because he could play well in all three games in rout to the Bears winning a Super Bowl and some of his critics would still say he sucks. Like it or not, a brash, arrogant guy like Cutler rubs a lot of people the wrong way, so he is never gonna win some people over.

Lest we let opinions get in the way of facts, here is a fun list:Eli ManningDrew BreesCarson PalmerBrett FavreChad HenneMatt HasselbeckPeyton ManningThat's a list of QBs that have thrown more INTs than Cutler this season. Some of those guys are considered to be pretty good. Just sayin
Peyton and Brees are considered elite. Eli is above average (though some will argue he's only average). The others are total garbage. Still, even the haters have to admit at the very worst, Cutler is above average.

Lest we let opinions get in the way of facts, here is a fun list:Eli ManningDrew BreesCarson PalmerBrett FavreChad HenneMatt HasselbeckPeyton ManningThat's a list of QBs that have thrown more INTs than Cutler this season. Some of those guys are considered to be pretty good. Just sayin
Peyton and Brees are considered elite. Eli is above average (though some will argue he's only average). The others are total garbage. Still, even the haters have to admit at the very worst, Cutler is above average.
Considering Shawn Hill, Charlie Whitehurst, Chad Henne, and other scrubs are really bringing down the "average."

Improved as I though he would be under Martz direction. I am on the fence still. If he wins a playoff game I will give him a bump up to tier 3 from tier 4.

Cutler against Seattle in Divisional Round:

274 yds passing with 2 TDs and 0 Ints, plus 43 yds rushing with 2 TDs

Now that Cutler has a 4 TD post season performance and his first playoff win under his belt, anyone still consider him a below average QB?

Cutler against Seattle in Divisional Round:274 yds passing with 2 TDs and 0 Ints, plus 43 yds rushing with 2 TDsNow that Cutler has a 4 TD post season performance and his first playoff win under his belt, anyone still consider him a below average QB?
I don't and haven't thought he's below average, but don't forget the Seahawks have a bottom 10 defense.

Now that Cutler has a 4 TD post season performance and his first playoff win under his belt, anyone still consider him a below average QB?
Yes
damn, Drew Brees is pretty average too!and Joe Flacco is better than Payton Manning!

Good post!

He wasn't perfect today but played well. Had a pick dropped in the red zone but recovered and finished with a pretty good stat line. Seattle didn't put too much pressure on him and things will be much more challenging next week.

Yes
damn, Drew Brees is pretty average too!and Joe Flacco is better than Payton Manning!

Good post!
Facts are facts. Your entitled to your opinion, but not your own facts.

Users who are viewing this thread