What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you feel about Cutler now? (current info on pg 46) (1 Viewer)

This isn't exactly a "retirement", he's only missed 1/2 an offseason of work and never filed any paperwork.
Well, to be fair he seemed "semi-retired" for a couple of seasons before making it official. 

I'm avoiding Dolphins in my drafts this year. This has train wreck written all over it. 

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Jay Cutler's physical with the Dolphins raised "no concerns" about his surgically repaired shoulder.

Cutler had the surgery all the way back in December. The Dolphins never showed any concern about Cutler's shoulder, and by all accounts he passed his physical with flying colors. Cutler will be under center Week 1 versus Tampa Bay.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Aug 7 - 4:59 PM

Ok, someone's gotta start it off. Jay Cutler 2017 projections, go! 

----------//-----------

14 games, 2972 yards passing, 15 PaTD, 1 RuTd, 14 Int

Grahamburn said:
So to answer his question I could only respond with players exactly like Jay Cutler?  Short list.
No...your answer was fine.

I was just adding that Cutler can't hold Favre's jock.

Had a pretty long career and will probably finish in top 30 all time in passing yards. Sounds pretty difficult to do being such a terrible qb
yeah, he's right there neck and neck with joe flacco

ELITE!!!

I do agree w/the guy who's glad he's back, tho -- will be v+ entertaining for us in afce

btw, Cutler is the only quarterback in the league since 2006 to have a touchdown-to-interception ratio below 2.0 in all 11 seasons.

per @jameswalkernfl

yeah, he's right there neck and neck with joe flacco

ELITE!!!

I do agree w/the guy who's glad he's back, tho -- will be v+ entertaining for us in afce

btw, Cutler is the only quarterback in the league since 2006 to have a touchdown-to-interception ratio below 2.0 in all 11 seasons.

per @jameswalkernfl
How many qbs have played all 11 seasons since then? 

Here's what I'm imagining was the conversation in the Dolphins locker room at halftime

GASE: I think Jay got dinged up at the end of the half

DOCTOR: Jay, how do you feel?

CUTLER: I'm fine

GASE (pulls out a 2x4 and smacks Cutler upside the head): Are you sure? Doc, maybe you should check him again.

CUTLER: Whatevs. I still get my game check regardless, right?

Jay Cutler (concussion) is out for Week 12 against the Patriots.

Matt Moore will start in his place. Cutler got in a pair of limited practices this week, suggesting he could return next week versus the Broncos. Of course, if Moore succeeds Sunday at New England, it's possible the Dolphins will stick with him rather than going back to Cutler. This is good news for Kenny Stills, who has thrived with Moore under center including last week when he went for a career-high 180 yards in a loss to Tampa Bay.

Source: Adam Beasley on Twitter

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports free agent Jay Cutler is expected to retire.

This was always the likely outcome for Cutler, who hasn't generated a lick of interest on the open market. Cutler actually hung up his cleats last offseason but came out of retirement for one last payday with the Dolphins. His reunion with former Bears OC Adam Gase didn't go as planned as Cutler threw just 19 touchdowns against 14 interceptions while filling in for an injured Ryan Tannehill. If this is really it for Smokin' Jay, the former first-rounder will finish his career with 227 touchdown passes and 35,133 passing yards over 153 games for Denver, Chicago and Miami. The 34-year-old (he turns 35 on Sunday) could be headed to the broadcast booth.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Apr 27 - 1:19 PM

Users who are viewing this thread