What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How does nfl.com handle trades with Thursday players? (1 Viewer)

DesertCrawler

Footballguy
Proposed trade which was accepted this evening. Trade details say that trade will go through Friday after a 2 day waiting period for league to vote on "fairness" of deal.

Team A gives up Forsett and Marshall to Team B for Graham and Floyd. All players play Sunday, except Graham who plays Thursday.

I'm used to Yahoo rules, and am wondering how NFL.com will handle transaction. Does Team B get the benefit of playing Graham, Forsett, and Marshall this week, while team B can only play Floyd? Or does NFL.com delay the entire deal until after Sunday since there was a Thursday player involved? (I know Marshall is on bye this week, but I'm really curious how this plays out in NFL.com.

While trade is under review, it does seem that I can move the players on and off my bench, unlike Yahoo which used to lock them on me...And I think Yahoo may have delayed the entire trade until after the Monday game...

Actually, I'll answer my own question. In NFL.com, the trade processed through on Friday. I've now got Floyd on my bench (who I can start if I want) and I've got Graham om my bench (who I can't since he started on Thursday). Trade didn't wait until Tuesday to process.

And league votes on fairness of trades I guess to self police anything too one-side. I'm not the commish, but think it eases the workload on him too since he doesn't overrule things. I'd vote to change rule if asked, but hasn't been an issue in the past (no trade ever vetoed)

Users who are viewing this thread