What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How good exactly was the rams offence (1 Viewer)

grandmaster192

Shining Greatness
Espn will always say the colts have the best offence ever, but I think the rams did back in the day. Wich Teams had the better offence?

Martz to Peyton - Advantage Rams (2 points) Warner to Peyton - Advantage Colts (2 points)Faulk to James - Advantage Rams (1 point)Bruce to Harrison - Advantage Colts (1 point)Holt to Wayne - WashHakim to Stokely - Advantage Rams (1 point)Williams to Clark - Advantage Colts (1 point)Offensive line - Advantage Rams (2 points)I got the Rams as a 6-4 advantage.

99 Rams526 Points4580 Passing Yards, 2059 Rushing Yards = 6639 Total Yards42 Passing TD,13 Rushing TD = 55 Total TD00 Rams540 Points5492 Passing Yards, 1843 Rushing Yards = 7335 Total Yards37 Passing TD, 26 Rushing TD = 63 Total TD01 Rams503 Points4903 Passing Yards, 2027 Rushing Yards = 6930 Total Yards37 Passing TD, 20 Rushing TD = 57 Total TD03 Colts447 Points4289 Passing Yards, 1695 Rushing Yards = 5984 Total Yards29 Passing TD, 16 Rushing TD = 45 Total TD04 Colts522 Points4732 Passing Yards, 1852 Rushing Yards = 6854 Total Yards51 Passing TD, 10 Rushing TD = 61 Total TD05 Colts439 Points4191 Passing Yards, 1703 Rushing Yards = 5894 Total Yards31 Passing TD, 18 Rushing TD = 49 Total TDIMO, the Rams were better, and the Rams did more over a longer period of time. Remember, the Colts did not even lead the league in total yardage in any of their seasons in the past 3 years.

Martz to Peyton - Advantage Rams (2 points)

Warner to Peyton - Advantage Colts (2 points)

Faulk to James - Advantage Rams (1 point)

Bruce to Harrison - Advantage Colts (1 point)

Holt to Wayne - Wash

Hakim to Stokely - Advantage Rams (1 point)

Williams to Clark - Advantage Colts (1 point)

Offensive line - Advantage Rams (2 points)

I got the Rams as a 6-4 advantage.
I gotta get in my car ina moment, but I just wanted to say that I've never seen a better NFL QB then Kurt Warner circa 1999-2001. There's a difference between throwing a catchable ball and hitting your WRs in stride. Warner was the best QB at hitting his WRs in stride. It was amazing watching him throw.

99 Rams

526 Points

4580 Passing Yards, 2059 Rushing Yards = 6639 Total Yards

42 Passing TD,13 Rushing TD = 55 Total TD

00 Rams

540 Points

5492 Passing Yards, 1843 Rushing Yards = 7335 Total Yards

37 Passing TD, 26 Rushing TD = 63 Total TD

01 Rams

503 Points

4903 Passing Yards, 2027 Rushing Yards = 6930 Total Yards

37 Passing TD, 20 Rushing TD = 57 Total TD

03 Colts

447 Points

4289 Passing Yards, 1695 Rushing Yards = 5984 Total Yards

29 Passing TD, 16 Rushing TD = 45 Total TD

04 Colts

522 Points

4732 Passing Yards, 1852 Rushing Yards = 6854 Total Yards

51 Passing TD, 10 Rushing TD = 61 Total TD

05 Colts

439 Points

4191 Passing Yards, 1703 Rushing Yards = 5894 Total Yards

31 Passing TD, 18 Rushing TD = 49 Total TD

IMO, the Rams were better, and the Rams did more over a longer period of time. Remember, the Colts did not even lead the league in total yardage in any of their seasons in the past 3 years.
Man! you guys know some football. thats exactly what I was looking for. It looks like the rams where better in every way.

IMO this debate ends due to one factor...Marshall Faulk. When he was at his height he was as good a weapon as there has ever been in the NFL. The Faulk factor was/is the dimension that separates these two big time offenses.One thing both these offenses have in common (I'm talking Rams with Martz) and I feel lead to them to not achieving as much as they could. I believe both offenses didn't just want to win but wanted to win in a certain manner. In the Super Bowl against the Pats if Martz had run Faulk down the Pats throat in the second half the outcome may have been different. Yet, Martz was too arrogant to do that and BB knew he would be. As far as the Colts last year's playoff game against the Pats was very similar. This year against the Steelers the fact the Colts took shots long instead of getting into better FG position was just piss poor. In the end putting a little more flash over substance has made these two high octane offenses more vulnerable than they should be and in many ways made them their own worst enemy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta get in my car ina moment, but I just wanted to say that I've never seen a better NFL QB then Kurt Warner circa 1999-2001. There's a difference between throwing a catchable ball and hitting your WRs in stride. Warner was the best QB at hitting his WRs in stride. It was amazing watching him throw.
As far as throwing the ball in stride, Warner was exceptional. But you put pressure on him or make him look to his 2nd or 3rd guy and Warner is below average at best.

I gotta get in my car ina moment, but I just wanted to say that I've never seen a better NFL QB then Kurt Warner circa 1999-2001.  There's a difference between throwing a catchable ball and hitting your WRs in stride.  Warner was the best QB at hitting his WRs in stride.  It was amazing watching him throw.
As far as throwing the ball in stride, Warner was exceptional. But you put pressure on him or make him look to his 2nd or 3rd guy and Warner is below average at best.
I don't know about that. If you put pressure on almost any QB, their performance really drops off. I think one of the few exceptions to that was John Elway. He seemed to actually play better, make better throws and better decisions when he had to scramble out of the pocket. I've seen him have meltdowns when he had a big lead and/or plenty of time to throw - as if he was thinking too much or trying to do too much when he should just trust his players to make plays.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO this debate ends due to one factor...Marshall Faulk. When he was at his height he was as good a weapon as there has ever been in the NFL. The Faulk factor was/is the dimension that separates these two big time offenses.

One thing both these offenses have in common (I'm talking Rams with Martz) and I feel lead to them to not achieving as much as they could. I believe both offenses didn't just want to win but wanted to win in a certain manner. In the Super Bowl against the Pats if Martz had run Faulk down the Pats throat in the second half the outcome may have been different. Yet, Martz was too arrogant to do that and BB knew he would be. As far as the Colts last year's playoff game against the Pats was very similar. This year against the Steelers the fact the Colts took shots long instead of getting into better FG position was just piss poor. In the end putting a little more flash over substance has made these two high octane offenses more vulnerable than they should be and in many ways made them their own worst enemy.
What made that offense go was Kurt Warner, not Faulk. He consistently hit players in stride with the ball, leading to what I believe were much bigger plays than any other QB could have produced.

What made that offense go was Kurt Warner, not Faulk. He consistently hit players in stride with the ball, leading to what I believe were much bigger plays than any other QB could have produced.
But I think more of this credit goes to the Rams offensive line. When the Rams would pass, they would send 5 guys out in patterns and the quarterback would be taking 5-step drops. With the receivers the Rams had, and the pass protection supplied by the offensive line, I think any quarterback would have exceled in this system.As soon as protection started to break down after 1999, Warner's success started to wane.

IMO this debate ends due to one factor...Marshall Faulk. When he was at his height he was as good a weapon as there has ever been in the NFL. The Faulk factor was/is the dimension that separates these two big time offenses.

One thing both these offenses have in common (I'm talking Rams with Martz) and I feel lead to them to not achieving as much as they could. I believe both offenses didn't just want to win but wanted to win in a certain manner. In the Super Bowl against the Pats if Martz had run Faulk down the Pats throat in the second half the outcome may have been different. Yet, Martz was too arrogant to do that and BB knew he would be. As far as the Colts last year's playoff game against the Pats was very similar. This year against the Steelers the fact the Colts took shots long instead of getting into better FG position was just piss poor. In the end putting a little more flash over substance has made these two high octane offenses more vulnerable than they should be and in many ways made them their own worst enemy.

:goodposting:

That's it...bottom line. Faulk brought much more explosion to the table than Edge ever did. Bruce and Holt, and Hakim and Proehl for a couple of those years....honestly, could it be better?? No.

Here's the interesting part. Warner vs Manning. Each O had a 2time MVP running the show. The difference?? One guy had poise and would throw the ball under pressure and take a crushing hit while delivering a critical play while the other guy is a sweathog, panic-stricken HOF wannabee who's never known how to win a big game..... Wanna guess who is who???

Users who are viewing this thread