What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How long should a game thread stay pinned? (1 Viewer)

How long should a game thread stay pinned?

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
We're bringing back the pinned game threads to see if we can make the Shark Pool more useful for folks.

The question is how long should a game thread stay pinned?

To be clear, I'll make the final call and this is not a pure whichever answer gets the most votes is what we'll do. Lots of people won't see the thread or vote.

I want to get feedback and we'll make a call.

I would think people would keep posting in them for awhile after the games over. Maybe into the next day even. But I voted for a few hours after the game.

If people want to keep posting in them after they are unpinned they will get bumped up to the first page by that anyways.

I think its mostly at the discretion of whoever is moderating that to unpin them when thsts convienient for them.

I think its mostly helpful for them to be pinned while the games are active so people can find them quickly, and less neccessary after the games are over.

Cross posting my thoughts from the appreciation thread:

We used to take down within an hour of the game ending.

I prefer having them up while I’m watching condensed replays Sun night & on Monday.

If we take them down after MNF, we still have 40 active threads up while game threads are pinned.

Just MHO & I'm not paying the bills lol. @Joe Bryant thanks for taking it into consideration.

i think since this is the NFL where there is only one game a week, i think leaving them up for a day makes sense. if there were games every day or something it might be different, but i think it makes sense

i voted next day, but a few hours after is actually better. the midnight idea from everyone above sounds good. on Monday Morning i'm looking for MNF game info and next week info generally.

Mostly thinking from a mobile-device perspective here, but the pinned threads clog up a lot of real estate when I'm browsing from the couch on Sunday afternoons. I would prefer to see the early game pinned threads disappear as soon as the late games start, and the same for the late games when the night game starts.

You know that I don't think they should be pinned in the first place, but once the game is final, unpin. Also fine with waiting until the whole early/late/whatever set of games is done and doing them as a batch

Users who are viewing this thread