What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How long will LT remian the #1 RB? (1 Viewer)

3nOut

Footballguy
Simple question: How long will LT remain the #1RB in FF? Who has a chance to supplant him? Bush? Alexander? LJ? SJax? Gore? When, and for how many years?

Simple question: How long will LT remain the #1RB in FF? Who has a chance to supplant him? Bush? Alexander? LJ? SJax? Gore? When, and for how many years?
I am going to guess that this could be the last year. I could see AP or Bush overtaking him next year.

So the question is, when do you move LT to maximize his value. My guess is even when he starts to tail off he still is going to be a good option to start (assumming he is healthy). He just will not be that dominate back.

Even when he does start to tail off you still will probably get good value given it is LT.

As a LT owner, I've thought of this question recently.

Actually last year was his first time being #1, though he has been considered worthy of the #1 pick for the last 4 years or so.

I'd say he has at least two years on top left. Even though I'm a homer, I'd say Bush has the best chance to supplant him based on talent, opportunity, and durability.

So the question is, when do you move LT to maximize his value. My guess is even when he starts to tail off he still is going to be a good option to start (assumming he is healthy). He just will not be that dominate back.Even when he does start to tail off you still will probably get good value given it is LT.As a LT owner, I've thought of this question recently.
As an Alexander owner, I never could have imagined last off-season was the right time to move him. You basically have to guess and pray that you're right.

Actually last year was his first time being #1, though he has been considered worthy of the #1 pick for the last 4 years or so. I'd say he has at least two years on top left. Even though I'm a homer, I'd say Bush has the best chance to supplant him based on talent, opportunity, and durability.
Bush will have to improve at running between the tackles before he becomes #1.

In terms of being chosen #1, there are lots of backs that have the talent and opportunity to supplant LT, but he has such a high floor and they come with enough ??'s that the wise pick is LT. So, he'll remain the #1 RB until someone's floor exceeds his or the combination of talent, opps, situation... come with minimal ??'s making the risk worth the gamble.

This is it for the best in preseason.

By next year carry counts and age of RBs with the letter T in their last name and any other theory will popup to defy it happenning

LT has a very good chance to be the top back for probably 3-4 more years. His team will be nearly in tact for at least 2-3 years.

I'll give him 3 more years of being A top back. Probably the best comparison I can come up with in recent years is Marshall Faulk. MF was still elite in years 7 and 8, good in year 9, solid in 10-11. I'd expect about the same from LT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually last year was his first time being #1, though he has been considered worthy of the #1 pick for the last 4 years or so. I'd say he has at least two years on top left. Even though I'm a homer, I'd say Bush has the best chance to supplant him based on talent, opportunity, and durability.
Bush will have to improve at running between the tackles before he becomes #1.
Obviously. But if you've been following him, you'd see that he improved a great deal toward the end of last season. He's a smart kid and has a good tutor in Deuce. Anyway, I was just addressing the OP's question.

Users who are viewing this thread