What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much of our political divide is to blame Mitch McConnell? (2 Viewers)

Godsbrother said:
Does anyone know what specifically was in the bill that was objectionable to the Republicans?   
It's not necessarily about what's in the bill. The National Review has an article defending Mitch on procedural grounds. Something about using a procedure intended for unanimous legislation when this bill wasn't nearly unanimous. So it needs to be subject to debate or possible amendment or something before it's just shoved out for a vote.

It was the first defense of McConnell's treatment of the bill I'd seen, and I'm no Senate parliamentarian, so I don't know whether it holds up to scrutiny, but it sounded kind of reasonable ... and it would explain why Democratic lawmakers aren't making more hay about it than they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought turtles had thicker skin:

On the Senate floor on Monday, McConnell spoke out against the “hyperventilating hacks” who’ve accused him of promoting Russian interests, comparing his treatment to “modern-day McCarthyism.” The Kentucky senator said he would not be bullied into supporting the anti-interference bills and added: “Over the last several days I was called unpatriotic, un-American, and essentially treasonous by a couple of left-wing pundits on the basis of bold-faced lies,” McConnell said. “I was accused of aiding and abetting the very man I’ve singled out as an adversary and opposed for nearly 20 years, Vladimir Putin.”
"Moscow Mitch" seems to really be getting under his shell :lol:  

I thought turtles had thicker skin:

On the Senate floor on Monday, McConnell spoke out against the “hyperventilating hacks” who’ve accused him of promoting Russian interests, comparing his treatment to “modern-day McCarthyism.” The Kentucky senator said he would not be bullied into supporting the anti-interference bills and added: “Over the last several days I was called unpatriotic, un-American, and essentially treasonous by a couple of left-wing pundits on the basis of bold-faced lies,” McConnell said. “I was accused of aiding and abetting the very man I’ve singled out as an adversary and opposed for nearly 20 years, Vladimir Putin.”
Now he knows how opponents of Trump's policies feel.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it's a legit billboard, but either way this image stings:  https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EA0yYqdWkAYf5D3.jpg
That rules so hard.  Big fan of billboards to get the message out.  I would like one with a list all of the people white supremacists hate. I bet there's a lot of whites that don't realize they are hated every bit as much as people of color because of their cultural heritage or choice of religion. 

https://twitter.com/senatemajldr/status/1295734888679841792

Russia, China, Iran, and others want to undermine Americans’ confidence in our institutions. I applaud the Intelligence Committee’s in-depth investigation and the steps Congress, this Administration, and the Intelligence Community have taken to defend us.
HEY DUDE:

You’ve been blocking legislation passed by House to prevent foreign election interference for the past 300 days.

Users who are viewing this thread