What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much team management (1 Viewer)

In past years, the Forum welcomed WDID/WSIS questions to increase traffic and discussion and because the IDP questions posted in the AC Forum didn't get enough responses. I think traffic and discussion have clearly picked up tremendously around here but the same issues with the AC Forum remain.We'll address this at some point (separate forum, separate thread, etc.). For now, it'd be nice if those wanting some help steered the discussion with some beginning analysis. I think I should go this way for this reason but want some point-counterpoint type of stuff. That way, everybody gets to see some matchup analysis and strategy discussion from the more experienced members of the Forum but nobody gets tired of "spoon-feeding" -- which some feel to be the case in some of those threads. I think we do a pretty good job of this now but it could always be better.At minimum, we don't want people to miss out on good discussion that happens in some of these WSIS threads because they don't feel up to answering every thread and don't enter some WSIS at all. :2cents:

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll address this at some point (separate forum, separate thread, etc.). For now, it'd be nice if those wanting some help steered the discussion with some beginning analysis. I think I should go this way for this reason but want some point-counterpoint type of stuff. That way, everybody gets to see some matchup analysis and strategy discussion from the more experienced members of the Forum but nobody gets tired of "spoon-feeding" -- which some feel to be the case in some of those threads.
Exactly. I'm all for having WDIS and such in the forum if it leads to a general discussion about the players. If there become too many "Tell me who to start because I don't want to think" type threads we'll have to re-think our stance.

We'll address this at some point (separate forum, separate thread, etc.). For now, it'd be nice if those wanting some help steered the discussion with some beginning analysis. I think I should go this way for this reason but want some point-counterpoint type of stuff. That way, everybody gets to see some matchup analysis and strategy discussion from the more experienced members of the Forum but nobody gets tired of "spoon-feeding" -- which some feel to be the case in some of those threads.
Exactly. I'm all for having WDIS and such in the forum if it leads to a general discussion about the players. If there become too many "Tell me who to start because I don't want to think" type threads we'll have to re-think our stance.
I agree. You guys were awesome last year in helping me get started. Everyone was very responsive but I think that much of that had to do with the fact that I extended myself, which is to say I offered up my own analysis of players; moves; situations and or transactions, before I asked for help. That creates a situation where everyone can learn and see something from a new perspective. There is that saying about give a man a fish and feed him for a day or teach him to fish and feed him for a lifetime. It applies here. I am immediately drawn to those postings that have someone that I can see is making an honest attempt at trying to decipher the problem but wants another perspective. It is fun to help, talk shop and such. You usually pick up something you can use in the process.The bland WDIS threads are just not that attractive.

For now, it'd be nice if those wanting some help steered the discussion with some beginning analysis.
I'm not sorry for whining about this. Look at this place. It's awful. :( There's been 18-25 "manage my team" threads on page one for the last 24 hours. The number of responses, 1 to 4 maybe 5, makes this place look like the AC forum. Just sifting through is a pain, and very few of these threads offer anything. They belong in the AC forum since they are requests to handoff responsibility to others. Which is the real reason I hate "manage my team" questions. Be responsible for your own team, thanks.

Seeking someone to run your team for you may generate bad advice. I've seen some here today, imho. And this gig is fun if you apply yourself and learn, like Who Dat explained. No one has a crystal ball. No one can guarantee who the best starter is on a given week. I have a "certain" response to several of these threads, but I could be dead wrong, and I hate that responsibility whether the person receiving the advice cares or not. There's so much friggin' luck involved, a fumble recovered for a score, an injury, whatever. Who is anyone to tell someone else who should start? Grrr. Be responsible for your own wins and losses.

:D

I'm on a roll now. Whenever the value of a subscription is brought up around here, I always state FBG's is worth the price in time saved alone. I am specifically referring to the IDP information. I used to waste many hours "getting" the complete IDP picture for my roster and FAs every week. I scoured every team site, yada yada. Now, I hang out here to catch the breaking news and latest thought. If I get that confused, weak and insecure feeling about a couple players on the roster, I go to the subscriber info and get the feedback I need.

We'll address this at some point (separate forum, separate thread, etc.).
If they all went into one weekly thread that might make an interesting read. There are threads like that in the AC Forum. Ya know, Coaches Corner? It's been consolidated with Keyes Corner. Sweet. We need CracKer's Thread for Slackers.

For now, it'd be nice if those wanting some help steered the discussion with some beginning analysis.
I'm not sorry for whining about this. Look at this place. It's awful. :( There's been 18-25 "manage my team" threads on page one for the last 24 hours. The number of responses, 1 to 4 maybe 5, makes this place look like the AC forum. Just sifting through is a pain, and very few of these threads offer anything. They belong in the AC forum since they are requests to handoff responsibility to others. Which is the real reason I hate "manage my team" questions. Be responsible for your own team, thanks.

Seeking someone to run your team for you may generate bad advice. I've seen some here today, imho. And this gig is fun if you apply yourself and learn, like Who Dat explained. No one has a crystal ball. No one can guarantee who the best starter is on a given week. I have a "certain" response to several of these threads, but I could be dead wrong, and I hate that responsibility whether the person receiving the advice cares or not. There's so much friggin' luck involved, a fumble recovered for a score, an injury, whatever. Who is anyone to tell someone else who should start? Grrr. Be responsible for your own wins and losses.

:D

I'm on a roll now. Whenever the value of a subscription is brought up around here, I always state FBG's is worth the price in time saved alone. I am specifically referring to the IDP information. I used to waste many hours "getting" the complete IDP picture for my roster and FAs every week. I scoured every team site, yada yada. Now, I hang out here to catch the breaking news and latest thought. If I get that confused, weak and insecure feeling about a couple players on the roster, I go to the subscriber info and get the feedback I need.

We'll address this at some point (separate forum, separate thread, etc.).
If they all went into one weekly thread that might make an interesting read. There are threads like that in the AC Forum. Ya know, Coaches Corner? It's been consolidated with Keyes Corner. Sweet. We need CracKer's Thread for Slackers.
:goodposting: I was thinking the same thing ...

I can see both sides of this one. Hell, I threw one of those "RMT" threads out before the season started. But I tried to offer my take on my team in the opening post. The thread actually evolved into an educational (for me, anyway) discussion of CBs. I don't even have any on my team :D I think a "Coaches Corner" kind of catchall thread would limit those discussions.

However, I can see CC's point too. This forum is growing and, while it'll never get to the size of the Shark Pool (thank God), too many WDIS or RTM threads can bog things down similar to what the SP went through several years ago.

My suggestion would be to pin three threads - "WDIS:DB", "WDIS:LB", & "WDIS:DL" - for the pure lineup questions. Play the rest by ear, as I don't think there's so much traffic yet that things aren't managable.

If there were a special area for IDP WDIS questions, would the regulars here designate time to go over and help? I think initially the answer would be yes, but that would get old and sooner or later it would turn into and IDP AC forum where it's just a bunch of guys who honestly need help trying answer each others questions. Not a lot of value there.

I don't have an answer and this certainly needs to be discussed. On one side, I'm giddy to the fact that this forum has evolved to the point where we have a fair amount of activity throughout the day. I came in the other day and found two lines worth of active members on the bottom. That's solid. And that all started from being open to any and all threads, including WDIS from posters who have grown into solid contributors.

On the other hand, growth is good and we don't want people to start looking elsewhere because they're tired of filtering through the supposed crap.

On a final note, if you are asking for help, please add the the discussion and give some lead-in as to what your thoughts are. Threads that just list a handful of players with the scoring system probably won't last.

cracKer said:
If there were a special area for IDP WDIS questions, would the regulars here designate time to go over and help? I think initially the answer would be yes, but that would get old and sooner or later it would turn into and IDP AC forum where it's just a bunch of guys who honestly need help trying answer each others questions. Not a lot of value there.

I don't have an answer and this certainly needs to be discussed. On one side, I'm giddy to the fact that this forum has evolved to the point where we have a fair amount of activity throughout the day. I came in the other day and found two lines worth of active members on the bottom. That's solid. And that all started from being open to any and all threads, including WDIS from posters who have grown into solid contributors.

On the other hand, growth is good and we don't want people to start looking elsewhere because they're tired of filtering through the supposed crap.

On a final note, if you are asking for help, please add the the discussion and give some lead-in as to what your thoughts are. Threads that just list a handful of players with the scoring system probably won't last.
Like Chaos commish, I steer clear from giving WDIS advice for basically the same reasons. I leave that up to the FBG's The absolute best thing they can do is subscribe to FBG's and read weekly content. Ya'll put enough IDP info out there to make an educated guess, and I know it is going to do nothing but improve.

The absolute best thing they can do is subscribe to FBG's and read weekly content. Ya'll put enough IDP info out there to make an educated guess, and I know it is going to do nothing but improve.
When I felt the need for an assistant coach last season, I looked no further than the weekly projections. I did this three times. Twice I went with the player projected highest, and both times it paid off. Once I went with a player projected a bit lower because of an interesting comment attached to the projection. That too paid off. All WSIS needs can be handled through those projections. The are highly educated guesses and as flawed as most attempted prophecy. When an wise old sage like Norton is giving you his best, why on earth ask the peons for help?

Users who are viewing this thread