What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How often does a QB go negative? (1 Viewer)

Gawain

Footballguy
In your league, how often do QBs go negative and do you allow a player to put up a negative score?

Feels like the issue of a QB dropping a negative score is more prevalent this year. Rivers and Flacco Week 3, Hoyer and Kizer last week, Tolzien and Dalton Week 1.

I realize that various scoring systems will make some players negative in some leagues while remaining positive in others, but I'm curious if most leagues allow QBs to go into the negative. Generally, they're QBs you wouldn't want to be starting, but Rivers/Dalton were arguably starters in a 1QB league and in 2QB/Superflex these guys find a way into a lineup.

When you throw 4 picks and zero tds, you are going have negative points.  It doesn't happen very often.  I think a lot of offenses weren't ready for the regular season because they didn't get the reps needed in the pre-season.  What teams and the nfl are doing in the name of safety will have a negative impact on offenses early in the season.  Negative points have jumped the shark for the season.

Flacco, Joe BAL QB

0.135 28 Passing Yards

0.250 44.4 Completion Pct

-0.650 2 Interceptions

0.000 0 Fumbles Lost (to Opponent)

-0.300 2 Sacks Against

-0.565 Total

Rivers

1.215 237 Passing Yards

0.300 50.0 Completion Pct

-0.975 3 Interceptions

-0.300 2 Sacks Against

-0.100 1 Penalties

0.140 Total

Flacco, Joe BAL QB

0.135 28 Passing Yards

0.250 44.4 Completion Pct

-0.650 2 Interceptions

-0.300 2 Sacks Against

-0.565 Total

Rivers

1.215 237 Passing Yards

0.300 50.0 Completion Pct

-0.975 3 Interceptions

-0.300 2 Sacks Against

-0.100 1 Penalties

0.140 Total
I would like to see this scoring system. How was -.325 determined to be the proper INT penalty? Are you trying to keep scores similar to actual NFL games?

I would like to see this scoring system. How was -.325 determined to be the proper INT penalty? Are you trying to keep scores similar to actual NFL games?
I was not involved in forming the league or the rules but that seems to be the gist. I can post the whole scoring system later today.

VERY often in my -14 point per interception league.
I hadn't seen that thread when I posted. Normally I scan, but I thought there can't be another guy twitterpated about these negative QB scores...should have known there'd be a Charger fan.

In your league, how often do QBs go negative and do you allow a player to put up a negative score?

Feels like the issue of a QB dropping a negative score is more prevalent this year. Rivers and Flacco Week 3, Hoyer and Kizer last week, Tolzien and Dalton Week 1.

I realize that various scoring systems will make some players negative in some leagues while remaining positive in others, but I'm curious if most leagues allow QBs to go into the negative. Generally, they're QBs you wouldn't want to be starting, but Rivers/Dalton were arguably starters in a 1QB league and in 2QB/Superflex these guys find a way into a lineup.
Eli goes negative at least once a season. I got bit by that several times over his career.

Users who are viewing this thread