What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How will the Raiders use Huff? (1 Viewer)

Biabreakable

Footballguy
I am wondering how people see the Raiders using Michael Huff. Will he start as a corner back? Or will they use him as a free safety or strong safety?

If he has more range than SS (which I think he does) then will SS be moved to Strong Safety?

How do you see this working out?

I am thinking with you ... any chance they bench Schweig for Gibson/Cooper at SS?

Schweig either has great value or crappy value ... no in between now ...

My first thoughts are that he plays FS with Schweigert moving to strong. Raiders like big corners though (Woodson, Asomugha, etc) so they may try him there as well.

Pure speculation though, as I don't remember seeing any specific ideas from the Raiders brass.

as a rookie it may be better for huff to stay at his natural position but

my thoughts are they will try him first at CB. Good CBs are tought to find.

if he struggles they will play him at FS and move stuart over to SS.

Just heard Art Shell interviewed on the nfl network. He said Huff will be used at safety along side Schweigert. He also said they intend to have Darnell Bing switch to outside linebacker. Should be interesting to see how the training camp battles settle themselves out.

Just heard Art Shell interviewed on the nfl network.  He said Huff will be used at safety  along side Schweigert.  He also said they intend to have Darnell Bing switch to outside linebacker.  Should be interesting to see how the training camp battles settle themselves out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Regardless, it's nice to have to make a decision with a LOT of talent on hand for once....

Scouting reports before draft said he was better suited for CB, but could play S. Take it for what it's worth. Gibson is lucky to be signed for one year by the team, I think he's just there for depth, maybe Huff moves to corner in the Dime package while Gibson/Coopers come in.

Is Huff still unsigned?

I could not watch the game.

Gibson at SS and Shweigert at FS I assume?

Still wondering where Huff will play and what will happen with SS.

Is Huff still unsigned?I could not watch the game.Gibson at SS and Shweigert at FS I assume?Still wondering where Huff will play and what will happen with SS.
Huff started and looked okay at SS. Schwiegert at free. Gibson got a bunch of snaps at SS with the twos and looked pretty good.

Is Huff still unsigned?I could not watch the game.Gibson at SS and Shweigert at FS I assume?Still wondering where Huff will play and what will happen with SS.
Huff started and looked okay at SS. Schwiegert at free. Gibson got a bunch of snaps at SS with the twos and looked pretty good.
Were they playing Huff at SS? I thought Huff was at FS and Schwiegert was at SS. If I saw what I saw correctly, that's how I recall them being "introduced" in the starting lineup overview and also how they appeared to be playing as Huff always seemed back and it was Schwiegert up in run support as the Eagles were gashing the Raiders with the run early.Were anyone's observations different?

Were they playing Huff at SS? I thought Huff was at FS and Schwiegert was at SS. If I saw what I saw correctly, that's how I recall them being "introduced" in the starting lineup overview and also how they appeared to be playing as Huff always seemed back and it was Schwiegert up in run support as the Eagles were gashing the Raiders with the run early.Were anyone's observations different?
Huff started at SS. It appeared they really moved him around...A LOT... on the field. Think Troy P pre-snap. Huff was in the SS spot. However, Huff looked like a rookie. He got his ankles broken and whiffed on an open field tackle he absolutely has to make. Pretty sure it was on a 3rd down and the failed tackle resulted in an Eagles first down. That cannot happen. Bing did the same thing later in the game on a critical down. Each learned that players already in the NFL are a hell of a lot faster than guys playing in college. I really like Huff...REALLY like Huff...but he got beat up in that game. You win football games with your best football players on the field and I think Huff fits that bill.

The NFL gamebook shows the starters in Sunday's game as:SS 36 D.Gibson FS 30 S.Schweigert
I don't remember the first play to definitively say if that's true or not, but Huff was playing SS (alongside Schweigert) with the ones on nearly every play of the first two series. Gibson played most of the second and third quarters with the twos.

The NFL gamebook shows the starters in Sunday's game as:SS 36 D.Gibson FS 30 S.Schweigert
I don't remember the first play to definitively say if that's true or not, but Huff was playing SS (alongside Schweigert) with the ones on nearly every play of the first two series. Gibson played most of the second and third quarters with the twos.
Huff was announced by the commentators as the starter for what it is worthTom

Jene Bramel said:
Islander said:
Thanks. This is good to know. It's more important than knowing who was on the field for the very first defensive play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread