What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hypothetical Dilemma: Ship Is Sinking, One Seat On Lifeboat, You Must Choose One Person To Save (1 Viewer)

I ask the old man why, if he had the knowledge of a cure for cancer, why he hasn't shared it with anyone and why he thinks it's more important to be enjoying a cruise. I'm assuming he hasn't gathered this tremendous knowledge since he embarked on the ship and had it previously.

Then I let the kid on.
If the old man knows the cures to cancer et al. Why is cancer still a thing?

(just before I hit post I scroll up to find @Skipdog77 reply)

I ask the old man why, if he had the knowledge of a cure for cancer, why he hasn't shared it with anyone and why he thinks it's more important to be enjoying a cruise. I'm assuming he hasn't gathered this tremendous knowledge since he embarked on the ship and had it previously.

Then I let the kid on.
If the old man knows the cures to cancer et al. Why is cancer still a thing?

(just before I hit post I scroll up to find @Skipdog77 reply)
Yeah, I think that’s the most important piece of information in this scenario (other than the cure itself). Perhaps it isn’t practical to implement, or the cure is worse than the disease?

AIDS has been cured a couple times. Why is HIV still a thing?

Cure for any cancer would be a gold mine, and keeping people alive longer seems like it would be very good for business.

FTR, up to 40% of cancers, and 50% of cancer deaths are preventable via lifestyle modifications. But prevention certainly isn’t good for several businesses, nor are most people doing their part to minimize cancer risk.

Users who are viewing this thread